Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Do You Travel to Visit Your Loved One???

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Do You Travel to Visit Your Loved One???

Let's connect with each other to make our rides easier. Go to the "State Specific Forums" and find the facility your loved one is in. Reach out to others sharing the treck and sharing your struggle!!!!

Also, post here to connect via Facebook with those you connect with. We're ALL one big happy family here!!!! Spread the love and support : yeah_2:
    1 hour
    14.47%
    2 hours
    16.98%
    3 hours
    11.32%
    4 hours
    15.72%
    5 hours and more!
    41.51%

I can't wait to see all of our different experiences! I think we'll all realize more and more how much alike our struggle is. Luv you all

Comment

It is a 15 hour flight for me to see my husband but he is worth every hour of it

Comment

I traveled 4 hrs away to see my husband but visits are on hold hes in hole hoping to get them back on the 14th.

Comment

Im lucky, my man recently transferred to the walls unit, which is only an hour from houston! But like the others id travel as far as it takes to see my sweetie.

Comment

up until last week it was 10 hours every time i went to visit but now thankfully its only one hour!!!!

Comment

Wow yous are so lucky to have them so close if mine was closer I go every chance i get and not miss a single visit..lol

Comment

its 2300 miles for me and I'd walk it if I had to

Comment

Currently travel a little over 2 hours. Wow after looking at the statistics I feel very lucky. I went for my first visit yesterday since he moved from Huntsville and was totally exhausted by the time I got home. And my whole body ached. But I would do it again in a New York minute and never let him know how hard it was on me. It meant so much to him. It always does as I'm the only one that visits him. Anyone else in that situation?
                  Last edited by malewis48; 01-09-2012, 05:29 PM.
                  Mary Lewis-Mosqueda
                  Houston, TX

Comment

Originally posted by BobbysWifey
                    It was 2-3 hours. Now its 6 minutes! Loving it!
                    Wow! That's great. Will be so easy for you to visit that close. I'm happy for you.
                    Mary Lewis-Mosqueda
                    Houston, TX

Comment

For a year it was an hour and half.. now it's 5 hours... I use to never miss a visit... all 7 a month.. now I'm luck to get 2 or 3.. I hate that... but thankful for any time with him..

Comment

It was a 16 to 18 hour road trip one way, now it may be 22 to 24 hours one way because they moved him further out, that time is if you drive straight through and don't stop to sleep only to get gas and food on the run.
                        Last edited by TexasDust; 12-11-2011, 12:40 AM.

JPay Service
                        Help Link
                        JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Oh my gosh.. wow.. will never complain bout 5 hours now.. man I'm so sorry so far away..

Comment

well i drive 7 hrs. it is a long drive but to see my baby i will keep on going. hop[efully they will move him closer

Comment

Omg 15 hours thats insane! Im so happy mine is less than an hour away but i am a little jealous of Bobbyswife lol

Comment

Working...
                              X