Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in email

Hello,
    Does anyone else experience inconsistencies with email delivery times? My friend is usually pretty quick to respond, however I don't get his messages until at least a few hours after they're sent. Anyway it's been a few days now since I last heard from him. I've read that this is common; all emails have to be reviewed before being sent out and that can take hours or even days. Everything was fine last time we talked...he's very open and honest, and he asks me a lot of questions. He never said anything that made me uncomfortable, he's super nice. I'm freaking out wondering if I said something wrong or if he suddenly dislikes me. I know there's nothing I can do if that's the case, but somehow I doubt it. I have really bad anxiety though so I can't help it. Anyway he can sync his tablet with the kiosk twice a day...I'm thinking maybe thine batteries died, the kiosk is down, he's out of stamps or he recently heard from the parole board...there are actually quite a few possibilities. If location matters, he's in Georgia. Does anyone think this is normal or have you had similar experiences? Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

*The, not thine. Sorry, I'm a bit rattled atm.

Comment

I too have bad anxiety and get really anxious when I don't hear from my guy. The last email I got from him took a week for me to get. I was supposed to get two other ones this week but I'm thinking I probably won't get them till sometime next week. I know here in Michigan at least where my guy is he only gets an hour out so there are lines for the kiosk so sometimes he doesn't have time.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Maybe my friend only gets a limited amount of time as well so that could be a factor..didn't even think of that. I didn't know him until we became pen pals; we live in different states and I was still a child in 1999 when he committed the crime (he was in high school, so we're only a little over 8 years apart). I may have slight feelings for him, just trying to not get too attached at least until we talk a little more. I haven't told a lot of people about him just yet. He's currently under consideration for parole; his maximum release date is in 3 years. I said I was open to keeping in touch when he gets out whether that be sooner or later, and I'm kinda afraid he took that the wrong way. But I kinda doubt it, I didn't say it in a way that was too forward. I just overthink everything.

Do inmates have the option to block people they don't want to hear from? I would assume he would have blocked me if he didn't like me anymore, but nope, I'm still able to message him. Again there are many factors, and if I don't hear from him, I can at least be thankful to have had the opportunity to make a connection with him. Still hoping I hear back and everything's fine though. He's so sweet.

And Chrissie, I hope you hear from your guy soon..hope all is well with you two.

Comment

Thank you angelalynn. My guy is going to call me today so we at least get to talk on the phone. Do you and your friend just talk through Jpay or do you talk on the phone too? I met my guy after he was already locked up I was actually visiting his friend and he introduced me to my guy and we have been together for about two years now. He gets out soon hopefully.

I hope you hear from your friend soon.

Comment

Thank you We've only communicated thru letters and JPay. Maybe next time he writes me I'll give him my number and ask how he'd feel about calling me. My social anxiety makes it hard for me to talk on the phone sometimes, but I'm comfortable talking to him.

Comment

Originally posted by angelalynn View Post
              Hello,
              Does anyone else experience inconsistencies with email delivery times? My friend is usually pretty quick to respond, however I don't get his messages until at least a few hours after they're sent. Anyway it's been a few days now since I last heard from him. I've read that this is common; all emails have to be reviewed before being sent out and that can take hours or even days. Everything was fine last time we talked...he's very open and honest, and he asks me a lot of questions. He never said anything that made me uncomfortable, he's super nice. I'm freaking out wondering if I said something wrong or if he suddenly dislikes me. I know there's nothing I can do if that's the case, but somehow I doubt it. I have really bad anxiety though so I can't help it. Anyway he can sync his tablet with the kiosk twice a day...I'm thinking maybe thine batteries died, the kiosk is down, he's out of stamps or he recently heard from the parole board...there are actually quite a few possibilities. If location matters, he's in Georgia. Does anyone think this is normal or have you had similar experiences? Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
              the only person i email these days is my stepdaughter. i do not think there is a problem. I am in Michigan.
              "God is moving. God is shifting the atmosphere." Hold on tight to his Unchanging hand.

Comment

Thanks for replying; I just heard from him last night!

Comment

I too, have not received any type of confirmation or update to my sent out emails. I am new to the JPAY system anyhow, so I thought it was just a waiting process. My loved one too, is very open, communicates on a regular and this is not normal. He was recently transferred from county to Diag. and Class. prison in Jackson, Ga. He told me on his first day(writing me through regular mail, on the back of a JPAY form), that he was put on lockdown, due to his room mate being locked down, and that his money hadn't caught up to him and won't for a few weeks. I made several attempts to add money through JPAY, but the inmate has to add me to the list, which I am the one on the county list to pick up his property so wouldn't it have transferred? Will he be given the opportunity to add me soon? Is he able to receive my emails on lockdown? I have also sent letters, no response...I am getting sick at thi spoint... He was transferred on June 22, 2016, It is July !, 2016 and there has been no contact made by him...I am fearing the worst...
                  A Real True Chevie 2141

Comment

My loved one is at the Holliday unit in Texas and he hasn't been receiving my jpays until 6 days after they've been sent, when in the past he'd get them the next day. I'm also receiving his letters delayed and received 3 letters in one day, even though each one was mailed a couple of days apart. Unfortunately sometimes the mail is not properly delivered and sent out. I've never known on them not being able to receive emails on lockdown personally, but I suppose it could be possible. Try not to worry too much, it takes time to get to get settled in there and for everything to catch up to them. I hope you hear from him soon & get some relief!

Comment

I appreciate your feedback and encouragement as well. I received a letter in the mail from him today, Thank goodness. He wrote it on the first. Still being on lockdown, he has been able to obtain his funds from the previous housing facility. which is also a wonderful thing. I am still awaiting his receipt of the emails I sent going on a week ago through JPAY however. I guess it really is a waiting process and a true test of patience. Thank you again!
                      A Real True Chevie 2141

Comment

Sorry to go a little off the topic on this, but one of my friends I write normally writes every day, I haven't heard from him in 2 days, so went to write him anyway tonight (I'm uk, so its almost 10pm here lol) and it says he is Currently unable to receive mail - does anyone know what this means? I know it means I cant write him right now, but what reasons could there be for this? He is in Idaho if that makes any difference? Thankyou x

Comment

I am from Michigan and do ministry work, so i write to men who are in different prisons. Most are answered within a day, but the one my husband is in doesn't do any on the weekends, so anything from Fri. doesn't get here til Mon. There are days that he sends one before work and i get it in a few hours, but others can take awhile. He can use the kiosk 2-15 minute times a day. Other guys write and i get them within the hour. Its just up to the prison when they release, how often they do and yes, if he has stamps. I've gone a week a few times getting them and when they come, they are from a week ago, Don't know why they hold things at times, but they do. We also talk every night, so we know whats up. We write two a day, so you caqn see that they can hold them up. i was told that there is a red flag on some words, so that can hold it if they have to stop and read them. For instance-he told me if ya say its a mess around here, they check rest of words, don't say drugs-say meds. Gotta go and take care of business. Just some that ya say without thinking cause its everyday for us. Hope that you have heard from him by now.

Comment

I haven't heard from my friend for about a week now, but last time we talked he was expecting to hear from the parole board at any time, so the reason could have something to do with that. But of course I'm overanalyzing every little thing again.

Comment

Hi, well the next day I was able to write him again, it was just a message in red when I clicked to write an email on jpay, I asked him about it, he had no idea and had received mail the same day that id sent previously.. Mail is fine now, although slow, but they catch us up eventually

Comment

Working...
                              X