No announcement yet.

Delay in email

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our emails are can be 1-2 stamps on average a day each way, never had one come back as censored. Been emailing since August and the delays just seem to be getting more frequent. I can understand them being stopped for further checks but that does not explain why the further checks emails are not processed in order of being sent. It makes keeping a convo going very awkward.

Today is Tuesday 17th Oct > No email received and plan to email later
    On Monday 16th Oct> Received Saturday 14th Oct Email and I sent 2 emails
    On Sunday 15th Oct> Received Friday 13th Oct Email and I sent 1 email.
    On Saturday 14th Oct > Received Wednesday 11th Oct Email and I sent 1 email
    On Friday 13th Oct > Received Tuesday 10th Oct Email and I sent 1 email
    On Thurs 12th Oct > No email received and I sent 1 email.
    On Wed 11th Oct > No email received and I sent 1 email.
    On Tues 10th Oct > Received 2 emails from Mon 9th Oct and I sent 1 email

He has been seeing similar hap hazard delays his side. Where Thursdays 12th reply from him went i have no idea stuck somewhere. Maybe have to wait another 19 days for it to turn up.,,, Thats the longest I have had to wait for an email to be processed.

I am emailing a friend at Idaho State Correctional Centre.I hope this will be looked into a proper fix put into place.

Comment

So i received Mondays email on Tuesday and so im still Missing Thurs, Sun, Tues and Wednesdays emails. grr.

Comment

I am spending lots on stamps for a service that seems similar to Terry Pratchett Post office lol
        10/28 -$20 in stamps +1.25 ($1.65) currency change Fee by my bank
        09/28 -$20 in stamps +1.25 ($1.65) currency change Fee by my bank
        09/15 - $20 in stamps +1.25 ($1.65) currency change Fee by my bank
        08/29 - $20 in stamps +1.25 ($1.65) currency change Fee by my bank
        08/22 - $20 in stamps +1.25 ($1.65) currency change Fee by my bank
        08/14 - $20 in stamps +1.25 ($1.65) currency change Fee by my bank
        07/31 - $20 in stamps +1.25 ($1.65) currency change Fee by my bank
        07/28 - $4.70 in stamps +1.25 ($1.65) currency change Fee by my bank

In total I have spent since July only on stamps with Jpay = $144.70 + ($13.20 in bank fees)
        Please o please...... can I have the ability to purchase more than 50 stamps at once???
        Such as a large 200 stamp option???

So if the cost is not bad enough the emails are super slow thay make snail mail seem fast.

So the longest for an email between being sent and received is now 1 month. Email sent by inmate Sept 26th and delivered to me Oct 26th... what takes 1month??? I could post a letter from Northern Ireland, UK and get a letter in reply within that time!!!! I understand mail checks but this is extreme.

We email at least once every day,
        I am currently missing emails from
        11/10
        11/09
        11/08
        11/07
        11/05
        11/02
        10/25
        10/24
        10/15
        10/12

Please Please Please can someone sort this?
        Inmate is at Idaho State Correctional Center.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lonelysoul69 View Post

Thanks.
          Sent a copy of your post in, it should get to the proper channels to check what's going on.

JPay Service
          Help Link
          JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Thanks.
            This is what I received back on the second message I sent to JPay Support for you

Please let her know that emails can be delayed if they are flagged for review. Also, she should email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service representative will look into her account and get back to her.

JPay Service
            Help Link

Comment

I have not had a reply from my friend since before Christmas. I read their was an internet outage affecting JPay in Idaho. Has this been fixed and has it caused a backlog or is the delays related to the federal shutdown? Its not a federal prison but not sure. Anyone know?

Comment

I have not had a reply from my friend since before Christmas. I read their was an internet outage affecting JPay in Idaho. Has this been fixed and has it caused a backlog or is the delays related to the federal shutdown? Its not a federal prison but not sure. Anyone know?
                Sorry you haven't heard from your friend , you can call the prison and ask for the mail room to check and see if the issue has been fixed.

hope this helps

JPay Service
                Help Link

Comment

Why would I not be receiving emails from one institution but am receiving them from another? I know that I was sent an email from someone a day before someone else sent me one but I still have not received the first one sent. There is not any reason that this email should have been censored or anything it's from a family member and he states its just basic family talk. I'm curious as to just exactly how the email system operates. Does anyone know the procedures and protocols, do they vary by state and/or institution?

Comment

Working...
                  X