Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katsu
    replied
    cindyrife6 that's good information to have. it sucks that they get played with like that. I started numbering my e-mails and dating them, so if some are missing he knows. so like if he gets #40, and the last one he got was #37 he knows some are missing. And I write him everyday too, and we are just used to the fact that the e-mails are ****** up, when we talk on the phone, we try to figure out which ones he got. but it's weird bc sometimes his are super delayed to me as well. Pervy guards probably taking their sweet time reading them. jealous. In a recent email I sent, I said some super sweet/ slightly dirty things, and I was like, "You can dream about that. And anyone else who reads this can dream about it too, but they'll never ever have it." I just want to make sure anytime he links up his tablet he has an email from me.

Leave a comment:

• cindyrife6
    replied
    At the units that my best friend and fiancee are at, if I send the email before noon then they will usually receive it the same day. However, if the warden, sergeant or major are investigating him for any reason, they will hold the emails until they have had a chance to read them, then they will be received. And they won't even tell the offender they've been held for that reason. So, that could be why it takes him a week to receive it. I've learned this from experience of having a best friend who was into all of kinds of stuff when he entered the system 25 years ago. Their past follows them no matter how much they do to change who they are. And they will only receive the emails with mail call and the times for mail delivery depends solely on the unit. The unit I worked at, we didn't do mail until 8pm or so because they liked to torture the inmates and taunt them with holding their mail from them. It was ridiculous. But, at my fiancee's unit, mail is usually delivered to him by 6:00pm. He usually gets his emails then calls me. My best friend's unit usually distributes mail about the same time too. It's frustrating, but one thing that might help, is I "ALWAYS" date my letters and put a time stamp in them as to when I'm writing what, just so my loved ones know they are receiving each letter and page. I write my fiancee every single day and he now asks for it when he doesn't receive mail because he knows I write every day. On Monday, he receives longer letters because I write on Saturday and Sunday to inform him of what happened on the weekend, and I include those with Monday's letters, but again... they have dates and times on them so he knows whether or not a page is missing for any reason. I hope this information helps.

Leave a comment:

• CoriJ
    replied
    Katsu, same situation!! We've noticed that our shorter emails get to us faster than our longer ones so sometimes we'll send a super short email before we write back a long one so we know we got each other's email and we're in the process of responding.

Leave a comment:

• katsu
    replied
    Sometimes, my friend won't get an e-mail I sent, until a week after I sent it. But we send a lot of them, so he'll get some right away, and some take days, up to a week. So sometimes they come to him all out of order. It can be frustrating, and confusing, but I just keep writing him. Bc I know he looks forward to getting them. and you just have to be patient and trust them, because what else can you do. When you worry, you will suffer twice.

Leave a comment:

• CoriJ
    replied
    My friend and I also have this problem. We talk every day but he doesn't get my emails sometimes until hours after I've sent it and vice versa.

Leave a comment:

• Namallory
    replied
    I too am having that problem and my loved one is in New Jersey but, he said he hasnt gotten my email i sent him this morning and normally they are there by the time he can get back on the kiosk. Went thru this before and it is very difficult dealing with jpay but it does help to keep us close while he is away.

Leave a comment:

• tonyame
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeWolfe View Post

​While it hurts us, patience is a virtue. Suffering for someone else is patience and a good spiritual practice. It will make you better.

Joe.
    I like this very much! And I needed to hear it today.

My man is in prison and he makes me very happy, there are no problems with us at all...but last night my ex called me (he's in a halfway house, just got out of federal prison a few months ago)...I wouldn't have answered but we do need to tie up a few things, I have some of his property, ect...he knows me very well, so he knows how to cut me into a million pieces with only a few words. He knows I struggle with depression and all. He knows that the physical threats against me don't hurt/upset/make me cry/torture me...it's the way he can make me feel like I am nothing with one sentence. Its my own fault for ever being involved with him, but even though I guess I should have seen the red flags, I chose to believe what he said and I believed in him. Sorry for venting, but I've been up all night and I needed to say something before I suffocate.

Leave a comment:

• JoeWolfe
    replied
    Well I made a great response but somehow I timed out even though I was typing and the stupid machine deleted all my text.

​Delays are built into prisons. All sorts of things like lockdowns, bad batteries, guards deleting emails, people on vacations at the same time, trips to infirmary, network problems, etc... Or your bud may be in blue funk and didn't want to write. Problems are not easy to solve inside. When I was in, a lockdown could last 4 days and no mail was delivered. Prisoners mail likely comes at the end of their todo list.

​I have an email waiting 24 hours now but the helpful info on this website said up to 48 hours for delivery. That was may be delivered in 48 hours to deliver. Or longer I suppose.

​While it hurts us, patrience is a virtue. Suffering for someone else is patience and a good spiritual practice. It will make you better.

I want to put a note in my letters about the last letter date so I know none are just trashed and lost forever.

Joe.

Leave a comment:

• LmdS
    replied
    Hi, well the next day I was able to write him again, it was just a message in red when I clicked to write an email on jpay, I asked him about it, he had no idea and had received mail the same day that id sent previously.. Mail is fine now, although slow, but they catch us up eventually

Leave a comment:

• angelalynn
    replied
    I haven't heard from my friend for about a week now, but last time we talked he was expecting to hear from the parole board at any time, so the reason could have something to do with that. But of course I'm overanalyzing every little thing again.

Leave a comment:

• Fifi
    replied
    I am from Michigan and do ministry work, so i write to men who are in different prisons. Most are answered within a day, but the one my husband is in doesn't do any on the weekends, so anything from Fri. doesn't get here til Mon. There are days that he sends one before work and i get it in a few hours, but others can take awhile. He can use the kiosk 2-15 minute times a day. Other guys write and i get them within the hour. Its just up to the prison when they release, how often they do and yes, if he has stamps. I've gone a week a few times getting them and when they come, they are from a week ago, Don't know why they hold things at times, but they do. We also talk every night, so we know whats up. We write two a day, so you caqn see that they can hold them up. i was told that there is a red flag on some words, so that can hold it if they have to stop and read them. For instance-he told me if ya say its a mess around here, they check rest of words, don't say drugs-say meds. Gotta go and take care of business. Just some that ya say without thinking cause its everyday for us. Hope that you have heard from him by now.

Leave a comment:

• LmdS
    replied
    Sorry to go a little off the topic on this, but one of my friends I write normally writes every day, I haven't heard from him in 2 days, so went to write him anyway tonight (I'm uk, so its almost 10pm here lol) and it says he is Currently unable to receive mail - does anyone know what this means? I know it means I cant write him right now, but what reasons could there be for this? He is in Idaho if that makes any difference? Thankyou x

Leave a comment:

• DJ21TRU41PTY
    replied
    I appreciate your feedback and encouragement as well. I received a letter in the mail from him today, Thank goodness. He wrote it on the first. Still being on lockdown, he has been able to obtain his funds from the previous housing facility. which is also a wonderful thing. I am still awaiting his receipt of the emails I sent going on a week ago through JPAY however. I guess it really is a waiting process and a true test of patience. Thank you again!

Leave a comment:

• x0misfit0x
    replied
    My loved one is at the Holliday unit in Texas and he hasn't been receiving my jpays until 6 days after they've been sent, when in the past he'd get them the next day. I'm also receiving his letters delayed and received 3 letters in one day, even though each one was mailed a couple of days apart. Unfortunately sometimes the mail is not properly delivered and sent out. I've never known on them not being able to receive emails on lockdown personally, but I suppose it could be possible. Try not to worry too much, it takes time to get to get settled in there and for everything to catch up to them. I hope you hear from him soon & get some relief!

Leave a comment:

• DJ21TRU41PTY
    replied
    I too, have not received any type of confirmation or update to my sent out emails. I am new to the JPAY system anyhow, so I thought it was just a waiting process. My loved one too, is very open, communicates on a regular and this is not normal. He was recently transferred from county to Diag. and Class. prison in Jackson, Ga. He told me on his first day(writing me through regular mail, on the back of a JPAY form), that he was put on lockdown, due to his room mate being locked down, and that his money hadn't caught up to him and won't for a few weeks. I made several attempts to add money through JPAY, but the inmate has to add me to the list, which I am the one on the county list to pick up his property so wouldn't it have transferred? Will he be given the opportunity to add me soon? Is he able to receive my emails on lockdown? I have also sent letters, no response...I am getting sick at thi spoint... He was transferred on June 22, 2016, It is July !, 2016 and there has been no contact made by him...I am fearing the worst...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X