I heard a rumor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard a rumor

I am trying to find out if there is any truth to the fact that men who have long sentences, who have served 15 years or more might be getting out? is that also true of violent crime? has anyone heard anything about that issue?
    thanks

Sorry I have no information on that but welcome to jpay, hopefully someone here can help you
    Originally posted by missynelson View Post
    I am trying to find out if there is any truth to the fact that men who have long sentences, who have served 15 years or more might be getting out? is that also true of violent crime? has anyone heard anything about that issue?
    thanks
    Anything worth having is worth waiting and working for....HE IS WORTH IT

Comment

What state are you in?

Comment

Welcome to J-Pay. I'm sure someone will come along and answer your question.

Comment

thanks

People4ParoleWA ~ Monthly Meeting ~

October 6, 2012, 1-3PM ~

Location: Korum Nissan, 101 Valley Ave NW, Puyallup, WA 98371 ~ Conference Room, Upstairs.

AGENDA

**Talking points

**Sentencing Guidelines Meeting recap

**Parole vs Three Strikes... youthful offender bill

**Presentation of P4P representatives at hearings/meetings

**ACE issues

**Marilyn experience at Evergreen CC

**Web page issues

**Open discussion

People4ParoleWA
          PO Box 214 Ocean Shores, WA 98569
          206-486-4745
          www.people4parolewa.org

Comment

I've heard this rumor a couple times over the last two years but I've also heard that if anything like that were passed it would not apply to violent offenders. My pen pal, who has a long sentence, has not heard anything about it. I wonder what the people of Washington would think if the state decided to release a bunch of inmates? I don't know. They actually did it here in New York about a year ago because they closed six prisons and many inmates who had short sentences or non-violent offenses were released, but that was a budget cutting measure by the state and so some inmates basically got lucky. The violent offenders were transferred to other prisons. I'm not sure what the issues are in Washington.

Comment

hi thanks so much. I have heard too... oh my, that in washington state you have to provide your own person to marry you? and do some counseling? is this true? and if so, does anyone know someone good that will come to the tri-cities, or coyote ridge? thanks

Comment

washington

Comment

thanks so much

Comment

thanks
                    The people4parole meeting went over this bill. Their next meeting is scheduled fit November 10. Go to their site and you'll get emails of upcoming events

Comment

thanks
                      Yes,....it's called the "Youthful Offenders Bill". It would be for offenders that had their offense/sentencing before 25 years of age.
                      Contact the following and help spread the word and get this Bill passed!!

People4ParoleWA
                      PO Box 214 Ocean Shores, WA 98569
                      206-486-4745
                      www.people4parolewa.org

Comment

any news on this

Comment

tried finding these ppl and found nothing

Comment

thanks
                            I have also heard something similar except I heard that if someone gets a life sentence at least in the state of SC it means 20 years. I was kind of blown back because I have heard sentences for example a judge says 25 years to life and I am thinking well a life sentence should mean just that, for as long as a person lived, however when I got told this it put a new spin on what I was originally thinking. At first I really thought the person who told me this had no idea what they were talking about and just going on rumor themselves, but then I thought to myself well this person has been to prison before so he may know a little of what he is talking about so I decided to google it and there is a bit of truth to this so it seems, but it sounds like you have to have the chance for parole for it to be something that could happen. So from my understanding people that get life without the possibility of parole actually are in for life unless by some miracle they were to get a pardon from their governor or the president. I am not sure on people with multiple life sentences. I even brought this up to the friend who told me about life=20 years bit and he says people with multiple life sentences could still get out even if they wind up being elderly before they get the chance, but it was still possible. That is the part I really do not think could happen if multiple life sentences are involved, but then again there may be some truth in it like with the other and the slim chance may exist. I know I have not been much help, but I did want to add to this what I had heard also and the little bit of truth I found in it.

Comment

Working...
                            X