Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOC Policy 200.000

Today I had the following message on the JPay homepage after logging in:

"IMPORTANT: DOC policy 200.000 restricts the ability to place money in trust accounts for multiple inmates in Washington State. You may not deposit to more than one offenderís trust account without the Superintendentís prior approval. Attempts to deposit to more than one account will be investigated. The Superintendent may allow one offender to keep the funds and designate the other offenderís funds as contraband. Contraband funds will be deposited in the Offender Welfare Betterment Fund (OBF)."

Is this a new policy rule, and has anyone else seen this message recently?

I correspond on a regular basis with two inmates. One in Washington State, and one in Kentucky. I put some money in the trust account of the Kentucky inmate who is currently in seg to give him some funds to purchase extra food, and bought a JP4 player for the inmate in Washington recently. Could the above message be related to this, or am I being paranoid, and does it not affect us (the inmates being in different states and all)?

Anyone any ideas?

Marco

Seems to me the rule is for Washington state inmates, that you can't send to two inmates in the same state of Washington "Unless" you get approval from the Superintendent, (You may not deposit to more than one offender’s trust account without the Superintendent’s prior approval).

JPay Service
    Help Link
    JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Thank you TexasDust for your reply. I think I'm in the clear. Just thought the timing of the message was odd.

Comment

You're Welcome, I checked the WA DOC website to see when the rule was made, looks like a year ago, but it reads:

http://www.doc.wa.gov/family/sendmoney.asp
        Sending Money to an Inmate
        The Department of Corrections provides the following three options to send money to an inmate: JPAY, Western Union or Mail.

DOC policy (200.000, Trust Accounts for Offenders”) restricts the ability to place money in trust accounts for multiple inmates. Specifically, it reads: “Family, friends, and/or other individuals may not deposit to more than one inmate’s trust account without the Superintendent’s prior approval.” Contraband funds end up being deposited in the Offender Welfare Betterment fund.

-----------------------

Click on the blue DOC policy link to read what they have up

They kind of have the policy written like it can be used as a loop hole, meaning we would think and assume it is just for Washington state inmates but it doesn't really specify that. (But that is how it should be worded so there is no confusion on anyone's part)
        Last edited by TexasDust; 06-14-2015, 08:52 PM.

JPay Service
        Help Link

Comment

Thanks again for the additional information and links. Now you have me worried, but your interpretation seems plausible. I will contact JPay.com and hope they can clarify things.

Comment

Originally posted by marco1969 View Post
            Thanks again for the additional information and links. Now you have me worried, but your interpretation seems plausible. I will contact JPay.com and hope they can clarify things.

Actually you should contact the prison mail room to verify

JPay Service
            Help Link

Comment

I thought about that, but decided to call JPay first. I called them twice, since the message in my profile even changed to different wording. They were helpful but did not know exactly know what it meant for me. I gathered they thought I should wait a little longer. So that's what I did. Thankfully, yesterday I got word from my pen pal that the JP4 player arrived.

Comment

Working...
              X