X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPay Email versus Post Mail

Hi Fellow JPayers!

I would like to know if it cost to web chat with the inmate as it only shows on the website that it is available, but no cost. Also, I sent my husband his first letter through email and one page is very long for the price it costs.

I like this way better because I'd rather type than write .

Well.. unfortunatly we can't work with e-mails.. would go so much faster, but on the other hand we do like to actually write, takes a lot longer but still gives me a good feeling! (Even though sometimes I have I wanna choke the mailman when he's not bringing me a letter lol!!)

- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer - Romans 12-12

Comment

IF Video Visitation is available in a facility there is a charge, usually it starts off at 30 minutes for a set price, and then some facilities have it where they can pay for an additional 15 minutes from what I have read.

JPay Service
      Help Link
      JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Originally posted by The_Boss's_Wife View Post
        Hi Fellow JPayers!

I sent my husband his first letter through email and one page is very long for the price it costs.

I like this way better because I'd rather type than write .
        Here is what I found about the JPay Emessages that was interesting, maybe it will help other Members as well understand what one stamp really gets you.

How much does it cost to send an eMessage?

One virtual JPay stamp will let you type up to 6000 characters, which is the equivalent of about 6 pages of handwriting. The cost of stamps varies according to the facility. Stamp prices can be viewed by going to www.jpay.com and clicking on "Availability & Pricing."

Thou I think they changed Availability & Pricing to Prison Search / here is the link for the page http://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx if anyone wants to check out stamp prices

JPay Service
        Help Link

Comment

I think I heard that video visitation was on hold in Washington until they worked out some kinks.

Comment

Sending Mail to an Offender

http://www.doc.wa.gov/family/mail.asp
            The link will take you to this page on the Washington DOC Official Website
            There you will find links on the page to allow you to read up on further information.

Mailing Requirements

The outside envelope must be addressed with:

the offender's full name
            six-digit DOC number, and correct facility address.
            a return address as defined by the USPS including an identifiable first and last name.
            the name of the unit where the offender lives (not required for delivery)

John B. Hancock
            1024 S. Bee St
            Olympia, WA 98506-1234

Jack J. Doe, DOC 123456
            Stafford Creek Corrections Center, H2
            191 Constantine Way
            Aberdeen, WA 98520

The letter(s) inside must be addressed to the offender on the envelope.

Do not send cash, personal checks or stamps, the mail will be rejected and returned to you at the offender's expense.

To send money for stamps or other items, refer to sending money page.

Restricted Mail

When you want to know what is not allowed, read this Policy 450.100 amendment 1.

Mail is inspected and the facility will provide written notification of the mail rejection to the offender and the sender. The notification includes the reason for the restriction and the name and address of the sender. The process does allow the offender and/or the sender to appeal the mail rejection.

Washington Corrections Center's Reception Center has a more restrictive policy on incoming mail. The offender should inform you of what is allowed.

JPay Messaging has arrived!

Almost all DOC prisons now have eMessaging capability. Offenders' families and friends can write electronic letters 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for less than the price of a stamp. www.jpay.com

Mailing Gift Package

Learn more about how to send a gift package.

Gift packages may be sent to an offender. Offenders are limited in the gift packages they may receive, according to policy 440.000. An offender may receive one gift package (not to exceed 15 pounds in weight including packing materials) on a monthly basis. In order to send an offender a monthly package, most institutions require that the offender send you a Package Authorization form.

If you are planning on purchasing a holiday or property package for an offender, it is important to be aware of the effects of using accurate contact information when using money orders in the event a refund is needed. If a family member or friend will be purchasing, it is vital that the information pertaining to the purchaser's name and address is accurate and is not listed as the offender's name or address of facility. Access Securepak will issue the refund based upon this information. If the offender's name and facility address is listed, the refund will be issued to the offender and will be subject to deductions based upon the offender's scenario of incarceration. If the offender's family or friend purchases a package using a money order and includes their own name and address, Access will be able to issue the refund to that person and address and will not be subject to any deductions.

For more information on the maximum allowable personal property for religious items, (attachment a1) men's facilities and women's facilities check the matrix.

Newly admitted offenders do not receive packages while assigned to the Reception Center at Washington Corrections Center.

Work Release Mailing Rules

Work Release facilities have different rules for mailing. See Policy 450.110 (PDF)
            Last edited by TexasDust; 05-24-2012, 10:56 AM.

JPay Service
            Help Link

Comment

Facility Addresses for Prisons

Mailing Letters, Packages and Money

NOTE: In some cases, facilities have several addresses depending on mail carrier (for example, USPS vs. FedEx) or the offender's housing unit. Choose the correct address from the list below when addressing your mail. You may also visit the facility page.

Airway Heights Corrections Center

USPS

Include the Unit Assignment with the name and DOC number.

P.O. Box 2049
              Airway Heights, WA 99001
              UPS/FedEx/DHL/etc.

11919 W Sprague
              Airway Heights, WA 99001

Cedar Creek Corrections Center

USPS

PO Box 37
              Littlerock, WA 98556-0037
              UPS/FedEx/DLH/etc.

12200 Bordeaux Road
              Littlerock, WA 98556-0037

Clallam Bay Corrections Center

1830 Eagle Crest Way
              Clallam Bay, WA 98326

Coyote Ridge Corrections Center

USPS

PO Box 769
              Connell, WA 99326
              UPS/FedEx/DLH/etc.

1301 North Ephrata Way
              Connell, WA 99326

Larch Corrections Center

15314 NE Dole Valley Road
              Yacolt, WA 98675-9531

Mission Creek Corrections Center for Women

3420 NE Sand Hill Road
              Belfair, WA 98528

Monroe Correctional Complex

Special Offender Unit
              PO Box 514
              Monroe, WA 98272

Washington State Reformatory
              Unit PO Box 777
              Monroe, WA 98272

Intensive Management Unit
              PO Box 777
              Monroe, WA 98272

Twin Rivers Unit
              PO Box 888
              Monroe, WA 98272

Minimum Security Unit
              PO Box 7001
              Monroe, WA 98272

Olympic Corrections Center

11235 Hoh Mainline
              Forks, WA 98331

Stafford Creek Corrections Center

191 Constantine Way
              Aberdeen, WA 98520

Washington Corrections Center

PO Box 900
              Shelton, WA 98584

Washington Corrections Center for Women

9601 Bujacich Rd NW
              Gig Harbor, WA 98332-8300

Washington State Penitentiary

1313 N 13th Avenue
              Walla Walla, WA 99362

JPay Service
              Help Link

Comment

Sending a Package

http://www.doc.wa.gov/family/sendpackage.asp

Before sending a package, please read policy 450.120 Packages for Offenders. http://www.doc.wa.gov/policies/files/450100.pdf

Books are NOT considered property. Books are considered publications (mail) and are authorized as long as they arrive directly from any publishing company and meet the guidelines per DOC Policy 450.100, Mail for Offenders.

Newly admitted offenders do not receive packages while assigned to the Washington Corrections Center Reception Center.

Package Guidelines

Offenders are allowed one incoming package per month. An offender may purchase their own, or one may be purchased by a family member or friend. Please visit www.washingtonpackages.com to view a catalog of pre-approved items.

Once you enter the site, you will be able to login, create a new account, track an existing order or go directly to the "shop now" section. You will need to know your offender's DOC number and their location in order to browse the catalog and place an order.

PLEASE NOTE: if you are placing an order for an offender at Monroe Correctional Complex you will need to know the unit (Twin Rivers Unit/TRU, Washington State Reformatory/WSR, Minimum Security Unit/MSU or Special Offender Unit/SOU).

After you have entered the offender's information you will be taken to the facility's catalog. Use the tools on the left side of the screen to search product and place orders.
                Last edited by TexasDust; 05-24-2012, 11:53 AM.

JPay Service
                Help Link

Comment

it's $39.99 for a 30 minute video visitation and it costs 5 stamps out of your jpay account to send a 30 second video message

Comment

i write almost everyday n he likes the emails but since they transferred him to clallam bay he says he sent one everyday n its been a week since i got one n thats slow n sad and so i keep sending letters n cards for now.i miss him
                    smoke signals:

Comment

Jpay is awesome, but we still do snail mail to. I have only had a couple of the ones I've sent that took more than one stamp. You can write alot on one stamp. Delivery time on them depends on the facility. i have gotten some within hours after he write and same for him, but then , we've had some take almost a week to get there, We just laugh and say that they must be writing a book on our love life. Fri-Mon never gets there til Mom or Tues from weekend. I don't know if we have video visitation or not. haven't checked since we see each other 7 times a month.
                      Texas Dust-Again- you are so awesome with all the help you give us. THX.
                      Happy Holidays Everyone. TC&GB

Comment

[QUOTE=Fifi;406495Texas Dust-Again- you are so awesome with all the help you give us. THX.
                        Happy Holidays Everyone. TC&GB[/QUOTE]

Thanks Fifi

Appreciate the words

JPay Service
                        Help Link

Comment

Working...
                        X