Out of state visitations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of state visitations

So I'm going to go visit my boyfriend this weekend and he is on the va doc and he told me that out of state visitors can usually get approved for visiting both Saturday and Sunday. Is there anyone in particular I need to talk to at the facility or could I just call the main number? Please help. Thanks

When I went to see a friend out of state, I just told them when I was checking in that I was out of State so I could get the full 8 hours each day. Just ask one of the guards when you go in, they'll be able to help. Have a GREAT Visit!!!!! Be safe.
    Anything worth having is worth waiting and working for....HE IS WORTH IT

Comment

I really think it is like other places it depends on the unit. I think it would be best to call the unit and talk to them they will tell you if there is anything else you need to do...Good luck and have fun...

Texas can hold him under lock and key but in my heart is where he will be..Mi amor.

Comment

I visit Texas from overseas, I usually write the warden a few weeks before I plan to visit to request a special visit if it is granted then we get 4 hours on a Saturday and Sunday but I always call the day before for confirmation.

What the other ladies told you is correct write or call just to be sure

Comment

Always plan ahead so you don't run into a situation you didn't expect. I do know that if the facilites here get full and they have to ask people to leave, they usually always allow visitors from over 300 miles to stay. Be safe and plan ahead. if you call, make sure you know who and when you asked the questions to. TC&GB and GOOD LUCK!

Comment

The person to talk to at least at my hubby's unit is Inmate Records and they put in a request for you with the warden. I would always call ahead. I am doing a special visit for next weekend and I will call on monday to get everything arranged.

Forever and Always <3

Comment

The first thing you'll need to do is have a criminal background check done. Va DOC now has the document on line. You cannot visit anyone in VA DOC until they have that background check cleared. It includes those visitors from out of state. My son's in VA DOC and when his Uncle comes from NY he must have a current background check on file. Also, make sure that you have nothing on you but your ID. You can't have a wallet, cell phones or anything other than your photo ID on you when you check in. You can either bring up to $40 in quarters for the vending machine or bring in only enough bills to exchange them for quarters in the machine. You will be searched. http://vadoc.virginia.gov/about/proc...800/851_F1.pdf

Comment

104myson that varies between units my brother is in VA DOC and we are not allowed to take in any type of bills to exchange for change only quarters and I believe at his unit the max is 25.00. Yes they do run a background check as stated, I am only allowed to take in my ID and 1 car key not allowed on a keychain, at my brothers unit they are VERY strict on dress code, 2 of my daughters and our father have been turned away from visits because of there dress code policy and I have seen numerous other people turned away. I really siggest you call the unit because that is the only way to be 100% sure of there polices as all units vary.

Originally posted by 104myson View Post
                The first thing you'll need to do is have a criminal background check done. Va DOC now has the document on line. You cannot visit anyone in VA DOC until they have that background check cleared. It includes those visitors from out of state. My son's in VA DOC and when his Uncle comes from NY he must have a current background check on file. Also, make sure that you have nothing on you but your ID. You can't have a wallet, cell phones or anything other than your photo ID on you when you check in. You can either bring up to $40 in quarters for the vending machine or bring in only enough bills to exchange them for quarters in the machine. You will be searched. http://vadoc.virginia.gov/about/proc...800/851_F1.pdf

Texas can hold him under lock and key but in my heart is where he will be..Mi amor.

Comment

angelzgrl,
                  Hope your brother is doing well. I had no idea the dollar amt. was different at different prisons in VA. The change amount went up from $20 per visitor to $40 last summer. We can bring in bills but they MUST be exchanged for quarters at the machine in the lobby before you're searched. One key and an ID is all we're allowed to bring in too.

Comment

I know the dresscode by heart now, I read it on the VADOC website. But as far as I can remember there was nothing about a maximum amount. Good that here the info is to be read.
                    What awaits me when I get there?
                    Parking spaces? Is the parking lot guarded or is there a possibility to lock my handbag with my things in a "locker"? Passport or European driving licence, what is more likely to be accepted?
                    How long before do I have to register or how do I register? (My English is only good in writing, I'm afraid that people won't understand me when I call).
                    How does such a visit actually work?

All I know is that my friend has to register the "special visit" because I come from overseas (that's what he told me). I exceed the 300 mile limit many times over.
                    What interests me is what I should do additionally to be able to visit him. Background check is running already.
                    My friend is in Pocahontas State.

Comment

Working...
                    X