Release State Prison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release State Prison

Iím confused about release locations when my son is at Gist Unit doing his 6-month program ending Zjuly 11th. My son says he will be taken to Hutchins in Dallas when I pick him up after release. But he is at Gist in Beaumont which I think is a State Prison. Does that mean I will have to drive down to Gist to pick him up, even though we live in the Dallas area and his sentencing was in Denton County. Heís about to finish his FI-6R on July 11th and has been approved home release. Beaumont is a 5 hour drive so was hoping he would be transferred back to Hutchins for release. Any help with that question? Also any idea how long after program completion he should be released? I know he had blood draw last week. Thanks for any advice.

RELEASE

When the time for release from prison draws near, the offender who is eligible for parole, is interviewed by the institutional parole officer to determine residence and employment plans. Offenders with special medical or mental health needs receive information from a field services representative about medication and other relevant aftercare plans.
    Most offenders are released from regional release sites, releasing them closer to their county of conviction, residence or approved release county.

Regional release sites are located at the Clements Unit (Amarillo), Crain Unit (Gatesville), Huntsville Unit (Huntsville), Hutchins State Jail (Dallas), McConnell Unit (Beeville), and Robertson Unit (Abilene).

All male offenders with a detainer, classified as sex offenders, have special conditions of Super Intensive Supervision Program (SISP) or Electronic Monitoring imposed by the Board of Pardons and Paroles are released from the Huntsville Unit.

Female offenders are released from Gatesville.*

Releases from all facilities occur between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.

Each offender is given a set of civilian clothing and a bus voucher (if released and traveling by bus), in addition to the remaining balance in the individualís trust fund account.

Offenders released to parole or mandatory supervision receive a $50.00 gate check and will receive another $50.00 check upon reporting to their parole officer.*

Offenders that complete their sentence in the Correctional Institutions Division (flat discharge) receive a $100.00 gate check when released.

State Jail offenders are released from the unit in which they are incarcerated, or given a bus voucher to the county of residence. State Jail offenders*do not*receive money upon release (Texas Government Code, Section 501.015 (b)).

JPay Service
    Help Link
    JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Q: Will I be notified of the date of a parole review? If so, when?

A: Unless you are registered with Victims Services as a victim of the offender, victim's family member, guardian of a victim, or concerned citizen, you will not be notified of an upcoming review date. You may contact the appropriate board office to send letters of support or to request an interview with a parole panel member. You may call the TDCJ Parole Division, Review & Release Processing Section, at (512) 406-5202 after BPP has voted the*

JPay Service
      Help Link
      JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Working...
      X