Somebody care class at TDCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody care class at TDCJ

Anyone know what this class is about? I was told parole is the one that signs you up for it. It's called somebody care?

TDCJ Discharge Process
    https://www.dshs.texas.gov/WorkArea/...mID=8589950616

this is a PDF Link

JPay Service
    Help Link
    JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDust View Post
      TDCJ Discharge Process
      https://www.dshs.texas.gov/WorkArea/...mID=8589950616

this is a PDF Link
      I saw that, but I called a Parole office and they believe my husband is talking about the changes class. Because I really dont think its what is in that PDF

Comment

Or maybe I am reading too much in to the PDF.. Idk.

Comment

Yes there is a class that they go to after release called Changes, they do a Changes class while locked up but the one after release is different.

This Somebody cares class is for the ones that take medication after release

I'll post what the Changes class is about, let me go get the info

JPay Service
          Help Link

Comment

CHANGES PROGRAM
            A three-month program entitled Changing Habits and Achieving New Goals to Empower Success (CHANGES). It offers a life skills curriculum to offenders for release. The program content includes: family relationships and parenting, civic and legal responsibilities, victim sensitivity, health maintenance, employability, money management, and other related life skills. CHANGES is offered on most TDCJ facilities.

JPay Service
            Help Link

Comment

Was anyone ever really able to figure out what this class is about? My husband has received a lay in to take this 2 day class but its at the same time he has his changes class. He doesn't want to attend this class if its not for anything important and miss getting his credit for changes for those 2 days. So he has left me to figure out what this class is about and if its something he has to take now or if it can wait for when they are on summer break or when he is finished with his class. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MissMichele View Post
                Was anyone ever really able to figure out what this class is about? My husband has received a lay in to take this 2 day class but its at the same time he has his changes class. He doesn't want to attend this class if its not for anything important and miss getting his credit for changes for those 2 days. So he has left me to figure out what this class is about and if its something he has to take now or if it can wait for when they are on summer break or when he is finished with his class. Thanks!
                He should ask his case manager/worker which one he should go to first as the worker would know which class would have another date that isn't to far off from the one he has now.

JPay Service
                Help Link

Comment

Working...
                X