I have uploaded the TDCJ Offender Visitation Plan Attachment F
    Page 1 and 2

Which makes it easy for JPay Members and Others to Save, Copy and Print

So there is No Longer the Need for me to have to E-Mail them out to anyone

TDCJ MARRIAGE AFFIDAVIT Forms

When printing them I would suggest using
    Fit to Page option

I have no problem with
    Members from other Forums Copying, Sharing and Posting.
    After All We Are In This Together As A Whole

Texas is a common law state, meaning that a legal wedding ceremony is not required if you want to claim common law marriage to your loved one.

In regard to TDCJ there are 2 methods to present yourself as common law married with your incarcerated loved one.

1. Before your loved one was incarcerated, you could have possible gone to the local county clerk's office and filed an Affidavit of Informal Marriage. This would have required both parties being present. If you took these steps prior to incarceration, you may obtain a certified copy of the informal declaration of marriage from the county clerk and send it to inmate records at your loved one's specific TDCJ unit and request the status be honored.
    (Or)
    2. When your loved one arrived in TDCJ they are given the opportunity to add you to their family tree and visitation list. Your status at that time can be listed as common law, however TDCJ typically requires you to fill out their Affidavit of Informal Marriage. This document is for TDCJ purposes only. And if you are trying to prove you are common law married to another entity you may have a difficult time in doing so.

Keep in mind with informal marriage the burden to prove the marriage exists is upon you in all circumstances.

In addition, if your loved one is no longer at an intake facility, many units in fact no longer honor the informal marriage request if it wasn't completed during intake or if the offender has been incarcerated for an extended period of time.
    Last edited by TexasDust; 05-17-2019, 11:25 PM.

JPay Service
    Help Link
    JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

can you please email them to me for some reason it wont even let me open the documents?
    @ashcash011@gmail.com

Comment

It's a PDF File it downloads to your phone when you click on the tabs, then you open the file from your cell phone with adobe acrobat, etc.
      Last edited by TexasDust; 05-16-2017, 12:36 PM.

JPay Service
      Help Link

Comment

Originally posted by ashckash View Post
        can you please email them to me for some reason it wont even let me open the documents?
        @ashcash011@gmail.com

Sent via email

JPay Service
        Help Link

Comment

When I click on the Tabs (I'm on my laptop) a box appears on the bottom of the screen Affidaivt of Comm....pdf when I click on that I see the form and I can print the form there.

JPay Service
          Help Link

Comment

I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question but do we put the Unit's address as the address my husband resides at or my address for both of us?

Comment

Originally posted by harden38 View Post
              I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question but do we put the Unit's address as the address my husband resides at or my address for both of us?
              His address he is at right now and your address you're at right now (so yes you use the Unit's Address for him)

JPay Service
              Help Link

Comment

do I have to wait for him to fill out the i60 for me to be able to send them to him or can I print it and send it to him

Comment

Originally posted by maranelson View Post
                  do I have to wait for him to fill out the i60 for me to be able to send them to him or can I print it and send it to him
                  It's supposed to work where the inmates ask for the forms and then he send you yours or they send you one but they seem to either not be doing their job by not giving the forms, taking a long time giving the forms out to the inmates, so this is the next best thing to getting the forms.

JPay Service
                  Help Link

Comment

So can I print mine out fill it out and go ahead and send it in

Comment

And can I send him his bc they are taking forever

Comment

I'm assuming that is what all the ladies that have printed out the forms have done, filled them out and sent them to their loved ones.

JPay Service
                        Help Link

Comment

OK thank you ☺

Comment

Originally posted by maranelson View Post
                            OK thank you ☺

You're Welcome

JPay Service
                            Help Link

Comment

Do I send mine to my husband after it's notarized or do I need to send it somewhere else?

Comment

Working...
                              X