X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Release Sites

RELEASE

When the time for release from prison draws near, the offender who is eligible for parole, is interviewed by the institutional parole officer to determine residence and employment plans. Offenders with special medical or mental health needs receive information from a field services representative about medication and other relevant aftercare plans.
    Most offenders are released from regional release sites, releasing them closer to their county of conviction, residence or approved release county.

Regional release sites are located at the Clements Unit (Amarillo), Crain Unit (Gatesville), Huntsville Unit (Huntsville), Hutchins State Jail (Dallas), McConnell Unit (Beeville), and Robertson Unit (Abilene).

All male offenders with a detainer, classified as sex offenders, have special conditions of Super Intensive Supervision Program (SISP) or Electronic Monitoring imposed by the Board of Pardons and Paroles are released from the Huntsville Unit.

Female offenders are released from Gatesville.

Releases from all facilities occur between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.

Each offender is given a set of civilian clothing and a bus voucher (if released and traveling by bus), in addition to the remaining balance in the individual’s trust fund account.

Offenders released to parole or mandatory supervision receive a $50.00 gate check and will receive another $50.00 check upon reporting to their parole officer.

Offenders that complete their sentence in the Correctional Institutions Division (flat discharge) receive a $100.00 gate check when released.

State Jail offenders are released from the unit in which they are incarcerated, or given a bus voucher to the county of residence. State Jail offenders do not receive money upon release (Texas Government Code, Section 501.015 (b)).

JPay Service
    Help Link
    JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Thanks for posting this info. Good to know how the release process is and the units the offenders get release from. As well as the bus voucher and the check the offenders receive. I'm sure the members will appreciate this info

Comment

This is great. Very informative. Thank you for posting this

Comment

This is very helpful, thanks a lot. Let's hope we all need this information soon...

Comment

You're Welcome!

Now we have more answers for questions about Texas release sites and what the inmate receives or doesn't receive upon release

JPay Service
          Help Link

Comment

Thank you Texas Dust for this information :-)
            "Every man needs a woman when his life is a mess, because like in a game of chess, the queen protects the king"..........

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysBaby View Post
              Thank you Texas Dust for this information :-)
              You're Welcome!

I'm glad I can help out with information

JPay Service
              Help Link

Comment

thank you so much

Comment

questions about release......does anybody know what i need to do when i go to clements unit to pick up?? do i wait in my car? do i need to check in with someone? do they call me again to varify release? thanks in advance

Comment

Husband is in state prison in Huntsville. If he doesn't receive check at release does be need to spend his balance or will he be mailed a check?
                    For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Originally posted by missunshine6 View Post
                      Husband is in state prison in Huntsville. If he doesn't receive check at release does be need to spend his balance or will he be mailed a check?
                      If a check isn't received upon release all they will have to spend is their balance in their inmate account, wouldn't seem there would be a check that would come in the mail later on...

The only thing that TDCJ has posted is this:

Each offender is given a set of civilian clothing and a bus voucher (if released and traveling by bus), in addition to the remaining balance in the individual’s trust fund account.

Offenders released to parole or mandatory supervision receive a $50.00 gate check and will receive another $50.00 check upon reporting to their parole officer.

Offenders that complete their sentencein the Correctional Institutions Division (flat discharge) receive a $100.00 gate check when released.

State Jail offenders are released from the unit in which they are incarcerated, or given a bus voucher to the county of residence. State Jail offenders do not receive money upon release (Texas Government Code, Section 501.015 (b)).
                      Last edited by TexasDust; 11-25-2014, 06:54 PM.

JPay Service
                      Help Link

Comment

thanks, nice to know
                        For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

minerva

Originally posted by bowievols03 View Post
                          thank you so much
                          Thank you so much. !

Comment

What about release form ISF Units, such as Roach(BT). Does anybody know how ISF release is handled? I don't think they give them money and I believe they release from the Unit!
                            Loving Him*Him Loving Me for Life

Comment

Working...
                            X