This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum_Overseer
    started a topic New Low MoneyGram Rates!

New Low MoneyGram Rates!

For those of you who use cash to send money to inmates in Texas, good news! JPay has negotiated a new lower rate, saving you almost $3 per transaction!

Starting May 1st, the fee for MoneyGram transactions will be $1.95. The current fee is $4.90. This new low fee applies when you send cash at any MoneyGram agent location, including those in Walmart money centers and CVS pharmacies.

There's probably a MoneyGram right near you! Look for these locations in Texas:

Walmart - 232 locations
    CVS/pharmacy - 279 locations
    Advance America - 155 locations
    Albertsons - 49 locations
    Money Box - 39 locations
    Rent A Center - 62 locations
    Cliffs Check Cashing - 19 locations

*To be directed to MoneyGram.com for locations near you, click here!

• rayslady
    replied
    I wish it were true for Florida

Leave a comment:

• Liv Diaz
    replied
    Originally posted by TexasDust View Post
    I wanted to bring this Thread that was Posted in 2013 to the attention of the Old and New Members that send Money to their loved ones in Texas.

I called MoneyGram today to verify if this price of $1.95 is still good and it is

This is what MoneyGram has up on filling out the form

Send Money from a MoneyGram Location

1.Find a MoneyGram location
    2.Visit your MoneyGram location. Remember to bring valid personal identification, such as a driver’s license.
    3.Complete the blue ExpressPayment service form, including the appropriate receive code and account number (the account number is the inmate ID# plus the inmate’s last name, no spaces). Hand the form to the MoneyGram agent along with the money you want to send plus the transfer fee.
    4.You will receive a reference number. Keep this for future reference.
    5.Your money will be transferred within 10 minutes. Funds are available to the recipient within 24 hours.
    OMG thanks!! This is really cheap. I normally send money through jpay, but it costs more.

Leave a comment:

• TexasDust
    replied
    I wanted to bring this Thread that was Posted in 2013 to the attention of the Old and New Members that send Money to their loved ones in Texas.

I called MoneyGram today to verify if this price of $1.95 is still good and it is

This is what MoneyGram has up on filling out the form

Send Money from a MoneyGram Location

1.Find a MoneyGram location
    2.Visit your MoneyGram location. Remember to bring valid personal identification, such as a driver’s license.
    3.Complete the blue ExpressPayment service form, including the appropriate receive code and account number (the account number is the inmate ID# plus the inmate’s last name, no spaces). Hand the form to the MoneyGram agent along with the money you want to send plus the transfer fee.
    4.You will receive a reference number. Keep this for future reference.
    5.Your money will be transferred within 10 minutes. Funds are available to the recipient within 24 hours.
    Last edited by TexasDust; 04-18-2015, 11:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TexasDust
    replied
    Originally posted by Angel14 View Post
    Thank you so much...I usually send money through jpay or texas.gov but I might try money gram next!
    You're Welcome
    I used to send money through ACE which was a set fee then JPay went with MoneyGram which is really the same thing and it can still be done at ACE, Walmart, Etc. which saves me money

Leave a comment:

• Angel14
    replied
    Thank you so much...I usually send money through jpay or texas.gov but I might try money gram next!

Leave a comment:

• TexasDust
    replied
    Originally posted by Angel14 View Post
    I have a question regarding the city and state.
    On the company city...do you put the city that the inmate is jailed in?
    For Company Name:
    The State Abbreviation and then DOC which stands for Department of Corrections

For City and State:
    Yes the City and State they are incarcerated in
    Last edited by TexasDust; 09-30-2014, 11:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Angel14
    replied
    Originally posted by TexasDust View Post
    In person, with cash at the nearest Moneygram Store, located inside WalMart, CVS stores, etc.

Fill out an express blue form and use Receive Code 3570.

This is how you fill that form out so there is no delay on the money transaction:

Company Name TX DOC

City & State City name, Texas or TX

Receive Code (required Texas Department of Correction Code) 3570

Account Number of the Bill to Pay
    Here in the boxes provided you will put the inmate number and the first five letters of their last name (no spaces in-between)

I have a question regarding the city and state.
    On the company city...do you put the city that the inmate is jailed in?

Leave a comment:

• mrscasey210
    replied
    i have been sending money at walmart for more than a yr now and have been charged $1.97 always now as of last month i have been havivg to pay $4.95 dose any one no why

Leave a comment:

• dtmom2013
    replied
    Photos are one stamp for picture.

Leave a comment:

• ummfahim
    replied
    jpay

are you allow to send photos on jpay and if so how? Thank you

Leave a comment:

• So.Califas
    replied
    I went to walmart today to do a money gram and I was surprised. They did not charge me $1.95 like before. I was charged $4.95 and I put $50.00. I have put way more money on his books and money gram would charge me $1.95 but I guess not any more.
    Last edited by TexasDust; 04-18-2015, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TexasDust
    replied
    Originally posted by Vemsweetheart View Post
    This is awesome. Thank you! Thanks for helping with completing the form. . I will definitely need that. .
    You're Welcome!

I found out the hard way...

The clerk at Walmart was no help!

She also charged me more than it was suppose to be

I use ACE, I don't have to fill out a form it is $4.95 (I am here in Texas but I send money to a Colorado DOC) I just tell them I want to send money through Money Gram to a Colorado of Department of Corrections, then they ask for the inmate number, they do their thing on the computer and I just sign a paper.

For the ones that use Money Gram I suggest you write the code number down that you may need and put it in your purse, so you have it if you ever need it...

Leave a comment:

• Vemsweetheart
    replied
    This is awesome. Thank you! Thanks for helping with completing the form. . I will definitely need that. .

Leave a comment:

• Julio's Babygirl :)
    replied
    This page has a code for other states besides Texas! Take a look at the list and see if your institution is on there! https://www.jpay.com/moneygram.aspx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X