This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Low MoneyGram Rates!

For those of you who use cash to send money to inmates in Texas, good news! JPay has negotiated a new lower rate, saving you almost $3 per transaction!

Starting May 1st, the fee for MoneyGram transactions will be $1.95. The current fee is $4.90. This new low fee applies when you send cash at any MoneyGram agent location, including those in Walmart money centers and CVS pharmacies.

There's probably a MoneyGram right near you! Look for these locations in Texas:

Walmart - 232 locations
    CVS/pharmacy - 279 locations
    Advance America - 155 locations
    Albertsons - 49 locations
    Money Box - 39 locations
    Rent A Center - 62 locations
    Cliffs Check Cashing - 19 locations

*To be directed to MoneyGram.com for locations near you, click here!
    Visit JPay.com to transfer money, send an email, set up a video visitation, make a payment and much more for your loved one!

Awesome!!!

Thank You JPay!

JPay Service
    Help Link
    JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

In person, with cash at the nearest Moneygram Store, located inside WalMart, CVS stores, etc.

Fill out an express blue form and use Receive Code 3570.

This is how you fill that form out so there is no delay on the money transaction:

Company Name TX DOC

City & State City name, Texas or TX

Receive Code (required Texas Department of Correction Code) 3570

Account Number of the Bill to Pay
      Here in the boxes provided you will put the inmate number and the first five letters of their last name (no spaces in-between)
      Last edited by TexasDust; 01-18-2014, 04:36 PM.

JPay Service
      Help Link

Comment

do you know if that is only for texas? or for all states that jpay & money gram are in?

Comment

From my understanding the price is good for all who use Moneygram to send funds to inmates that are in Texas.
          Last edited by TexasDust; 04-23-2013, 01:47 PM.

JPay Service
          Help Link

Comment

Any way to save money is EXCELLENT news!!!

Comment

That is really good news. I have been going to Walmart to put money on my man's books lately and I live in California.
              KhInO's KhIcK

Comment

This page has a code for other states besides Texas! Take a look at the list and see if your institution is on there! https://www.jpay.com/moneygram.aspx

Comment

This is awesome. Thank you! Thanks for helping with completing the form. . I will definitely need that. .

Comment

Originally posted by Vemsweetheart View Post
                    This is awesome. Thank you! Thanks for helping with completing the form. . I will definitely need that. .
                    You're Welcome!

I found out the hard way...

The clerk at Walmart was no help!

She also charged me more than it was suppose to be

I use ACE, I don't have to fill out a form it is $4.95 (I am here in Texas but I send money to a Colorado DOC) I just tell them I want to send money through Money Gram to a Colorado of Department of Corrections, then they ask for the inmate number, they do their thing on the computer and I just sign a paper.

For the ones that use Money Gram I suggest you write the code number down that you may need and put it in your purse, so you have it if you ever need it...

JPay Service
                    Help Link

Comment

I went to walmart today to do a money gram and I was surprised. They did not charge me $1.95 like before. I was charged $4.95 and I put $50.00. I have put way more money on his books and money gram would charge me $1.95 but I guess not any more.
                      Last edited by TexasDust; 04-18-2015, 11:54 AM.
                      KhInO's KhIcK

Comment

jpay

are you allow to send photos on jpay and if so how? Thank you

Comment

Photos are one stamp for picture.

Comment

i have been sending money at walmart for more than a yr now and have been charged $1.97 always now as of last month i have been havivg to pay $4.95 dose any one no why

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDust View Post
                              In person, with cash at the nearest Moneygram Store, located inside WalMart, CVS stores, etc.

Fill out an express blue form and use Receive Code 3570.

This is how you fill that form out so there is no delay on the money transaction:

Company Name TX DOC

City & State City name, Texas or TX

Receive Code (required Texas Department of Correction Code) 3570

Account Number of the Bill to Pay
                              Here in the boxes provided you will put the inmate number and the first five letters of their last name (no spaces in-between)

I have a question regarding the city and state.
                              On the company city...do you put the city that the inmate is jailed in?

Comment

Working...
                              X