Ankle monitor question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ankle monitor question

I was wondering if anyone knows anyone who has had Phase I-B parole. I can't figure out if they are required to wear an ankle monitor or not. My fiance was approved for Phase I-B, his home plan has already been approved. They did not tell him he was going to be required to wear an ankle monitor so I'm curious is the ankle monitor one of those things they just throw on you once your released or do they usually tell you before you are released? Any info is greatly appreciated.

This is a pdf file link, I didn't read it all but looks like this may have the info your looking for (?)

http://www.txcorrections.org/PDF/Ins...IOC_091709.pdf

JPay Service
    Help Link
    JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

They told me when they called me about home visit that he would be on monitor and asked about phone line cause that is what it goes through

Comment

My Hubby is on an ankle monitor now. Biggest pain in the hiney you can imagine!!! You have to have a separate phone line for it that has no features and it has to be a non-cordless phone. We have 120 feet of phone line running through the house so he can hear the phone if it rings. He has been home since Feb. 11th and it has rung only once. For extra excitement my neighbor ran over the cable wire when he mowed last week. That caused for the monitor phone to read as being tampered with....Thankfully we got that issue worked out and parole did not place a warrant. Needless to say....if you have any questions I'll be happy to help. PS-I named our monitor IGOR.

Comment

natbug how long will he be on it ? do yall have to give them a list for the week of what he will be doing ? they said my husband will be on it for 60 to 90 days but did not give me any other info.

Comment

Hi all. I'm new to this. I had a question. My husband is in the Hamilton unit right now completing his program. They told me when he is released he will be on a monitor also from 60 to 90 days. I'm just curious to how it works. He said he heard that when they put you on the monitor you are confined to the house friend about a week or two and after that he has certain hours he has to be in the house by. Are there certain places you can go? Do you have to make a list of places that you will be going. Any information would be appreciated because he should be home in the next month. Thanks!

Comment

im not sure exactly if what im saying is true or not but i was told thet the parole officer will give them all the info when they get home they will have the monitor on before they get released and will have times they can be out and have to be back home . i did hear they do have to make a schedule as for the week to week basis now im not sure this is what a cousin told me cause he just got out and is on monitor

Comment

He is on it for 60-90 days.....today is day 41. We don't have to give the parole officer a list of places we go. The most important thing about it is that they are inside by curfew, in our case its 5:30 pm. Once he gets a job the monitor can be removed. Weekends we are on "lockdown" except for church and he just got approved to volunteer at out local Farmer's Market every other Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by natbug View Post
                  My Hubby is on an ankle monitor now. Biggest pain in the hiney you can imagine!!! You have to have a separate phone line for it that has no features and it has to be a non-cordless phone. We have 120 feet of phone line running through the house so he can hear the phone if it rings. He has been home since Feb. 11th and it has rung only once. For extra excitement my neighbor ran over the cable wire when he mowed last week. That caused for the monitor phone to read as being tampered with....Thankfully we got that issue worked out and parole did not place a warrant. Needless to say....if you have any questions I'll be happy to help. PS-I named our monitor IGOR.
                  So you have to have an actual corded phone? Or do they install one on your phone line...my g/f is coming home in a few days and I was told I needed the landline which I have but there was no mention of a phone...do I need to go buy one?

Comment

You have to have a corded phone in case the power goes out. We also bought 100 feet of cord so we can just move the phone around the house with us when we move to a different room. I think they sell the corded phones at Radio Shack....I just so happened to have one cause I live out in the boonies.....and we lose power all the time out here.

Comment

So does the phone have to be in same room with him or why did yall buy a extra long cord? What time can he leave in morning?

Comment

Our monitor box is in the kitchen hooked up to the phone line and a wall plug. The 100 foot of phone cord goes all through the house so he can always hear it. But we mainly keep the phone in the bedroom....ya know- The schedule has changed up a bit but he can leave the house from 7:30 am- 5:30 pm Mon-Fri., every other Saturday from 6:30am- 2:00 pm. and Sundays for church. He recently got a job....so we are hoping by April 11th the monitor will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by beanz View Post
                          So you have to have an actual corded phone? Or do they install one on your phone line...my g/f is coming home in a few days and I was told I needed the landline which I have but there was no mention of a phone...do I need to go buy one?
                          I used to plug the box into the phone line at the wall connection (No Phone needed)

If you plug it into a back of a phone, then you want it to be an actual phone and not a cordless phone as the cordless phone only works when there is electricity If the electricity goes out so does the phone and your box for the ankle monitor will go off.

With regular phones they hook up straight to the phone connection and that is all, no electricity needed, when the electricity goes out the phone line still works as the electricity to keep it going is in the actual phone line from the phone company.

SO

If you want to plug the box straight into the wall that is fine, if you want to have use of that phone line with a phone also connected to it, you just plug the box and regular phone (not cordless) in together they will explain it to you when they give it to you or come out and hook it up for you.

JPay Service
                          Help Link

Comment

Ok thanks for the clarification. I don't plan on using the phone line for anything else but the monitor. She gets out on Wednesday...they still haven't called to install the monitor :/ I called them and they said it could be as little as 24hrs before she gets out. I'm hoping that wont delay her release if they don't show up to install it!.

Comment

Originally posted by beanz View Post
                              Ok thanks for the clarification. I don't plan on using the phone line for anything else but the monitor. She gets out on Wednesday...they still haven't called to install the monitor :/ I called them and they said it could be as little as 24hrs before she gets out. I'm hoping that wont delay her release if they don't show up to install it!.
                              When I lived in Colorado they would put the ankle monitor on the one who needed to wear it in the probabtion department or the parole department, depending who had you on it, they would explain how it worked and tell us how to set it up at the house, then we would go home and do it.

So it could be that after release and they go to visit with the parole agent it is done then (as well) ?

I know each state is different and each parole officer may handle it differently too.
                              Last edited by TexasDust; 03-25-2013, 03:20 PM.

JPay Service
                              Help Link

Comment

Working...
                              X