X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TexasDust
    replied
    The Prison Show regularly conducts live, on-air weddings between free-world women and incarcerated men; the groom listens on the radio from prison while his bride marries a stand-in known as a legal proxy. Show host David Babb, a former inmate himself, says the weddings reflect the show's overall mission of keeping prisoners connected to their wives, children and friends.

Leave a comment:

• TexasDust
    replied
    I Think this is A GREAT Thing Here!

To be able to reach your loved one from this side of the prison walls in a way that catches them off guard and the memory will stay with them for the rest of their life (unless they get senile in old age ).

Couldn't even guess or think what they feel like during and after the fact they got a shout out from their loved one OVER THE RADIO WAVES.

But you would think some of these emotions are involved: Shock, Bewilderment, Amazement, Ecstatic, Joy, Happy, Pride, Contentment.

Leave a comment:

• TexasDust
    replied
    a hint

If you call in @ 9:20p which is the time they start taking calls then start dialing in again around 10p they take the last call @ 10:50p

~ you just have to keep trying and trying its very much worth it.

Leave a comment:

• TexasDust
    replied
    It's called The Prison Show its - KPFT 90.1 FM - they dedicate Friday nights to the Texas Prison Unit and their families from 9p - 11p.

During the first hour of the program Ray, the gang, and sometimes special guests discuss current issues and review the week's mailbag. In the second hour they take the calls that make the show so special, as the callers connect to talk to their family members, friends and loved ones within the Texas prison system. We are all then somehow able to form together to become one large family through our common experience. ;]

Be sure to tell them to Tune In every Friday night ;] You can also listen to the show online @
    http://www.theprisonshow.org

Leave a comment:

• TexasDust
    replied
    Originally posted by Luv my Chavo View Post
    Awwww man!!!! What happened to Garza West? lol
    I am sure there has to be other radio stations/shows that do Shout Outs in the area where the prison tower catches the signal. (?)

Leave a comment:

• Luv my Chavo
    replied
    Originally posted by TexasDust View Post
    I just want to give credit to RedzReyna an Old Member who brought this info to the JPay Forum about the Shout Outs , I thought it would be fun to bring it to Members who may have loved ones in Texas who would be able to hear a Shout Out meant for them being sent out to them on the air!
    Definitely great for all the units that get this station! I'd be calling and calling

Leave a comment:

• TexasDust
    replied
    I just want to give credit to RedzReyna an Old Member who brought this info to the JPay Forum about the Shout Outs , I thought it would be fun to bring it to Members who may have loved ones in Texas who would be able to hear a Shout Out meant for them being sent out to them on the air!

Leave a comment:

• Luv my Chavo
    replied
    Originally posted by TexasDust View Post
    Hello Texas Family!

Not sure how many of you are aware of the Prison Show Radio Station that dedicates an evening to allow us to send Shout Outs to our loved ones. I've heard its really hard to get through but business is good and you just have to keep trying.

Radio Show# 713-526-5738

They start taking calls @ 9:20pm - however the shout outs do not start until 10pm. So again you will get a busy signal but you just have to keep trying and trying. Cut off time to accept calls is 10:50pm.

I do really recommend that if you can call in - it will really bring a smile to your Loved Ones face

If you are going to call in please also tell your loved one to be sure to be listening from 9p-11p on the Prison Radio Show.

WHAT UNITS CATCH THE STATION?
    Per Ray Hill, the Radio Show Host, the following units can hear the station:
    • Beto (very seldom can they hear...there is a Dallas station with the same dial as ours and until we get a tower closer to that area and can knock the other station out, the signal is horrible)
    • Byrd
    • Central
    • Clemens
    • Darrington
    • Ellis
    • Eastham
    • Estelle
    • Ferguson
    • Goree
    • Hightower
    • Holliday (if they have a radio)
    • Huntsville