X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BabyG
    replied
    I love this idea!! I'm gonna give it a shot this Friday! I pray I can get through....

Leave a comment:

• godislove52
    replied
    Originally posted by TexasDust View Post
    Hello Texas Family!

Not sure how many of you are aware of the Prison Show Radio Station that dedicates an evening to allow us to send Shout Outs to our loved ones. I've heard its really hard to get through but business is good and you just have to keep trying.

Radio Show# 713-526-5738

They start taking calls @ 9:20pm - however the shout outs do not start until 10pm. So again you will get a busy signal but you just have to keep trying and trying. Cut off time to accept calls is 10:50pm.

I do really recommend that if you can call in - it will really bring a smile to your Loved Ones face

If you are going to call in please also tell your loved one to be sure to be listening from 9p-11p on the Prison Radio Show.

WHAT UNITS CATCH THE STATION?
    Per Ray Hill, the Radio Show Host, the following units can hear the station:
    • Beto (very seldom can they hear...there is a Dallas station with the same dial as ours and until we get a tower closer to that area and can knock the other station out, the signal is horrible)
    • Byrd
    • Central
    • Clemens
    • Darrington
    • Ellis
    • Eastham
    • Estelle
    • Ferguson
    • Goree
    • Hightower
    • Holliday (if they have a radio)
    • Huntsville
    • Jester I, III, IV
    • Lewis
    • Luther
    • Pack
    • Polunsky
    • Ramsey I & II
    • Scott
    • Stringfellow
    • Terrell
    • Vance
    • Wynne
    they need to do that in michigan

Leave a comment:

• TexasDust
    replied
    If you want to do a Prison Shout Out this is the information you want to have ready so when they put you on the air:

1. Your Loved Ones Name [First Name or Nickname]:
    2. The Unit your Love One is On:
    3. Your Name & Relationship:
    4: Your Shout Out: (What you want your loved one to hear you say)

Leave a comment:

• TexasDust
    replied
    Originally posted by So.Califas View Post
    You go to kpft.org is the website then you click on listen live then you click on the first box that says live now on 90.1 on the green circle that has the white errow. And you can hear the show.
    Thank You So Much!

www.kpft.org

The Prison Show-Friday: 9:00 - 11:00 PM.
    Prison issues, Call-in from inmates' family members.
    The Prison Show, (Friday nights 9:00 to 11:00), which has aired on KPFT since Ray Hill originated it in 1980, is the longest running and only secular program of it's nature in the United States, and has listeners in some 25 countries! It has been duplicated in several European cities where it is called The Sunday Telephone in French, German and Dutch. In the first hour of the program, staff along with guests discuss the whole criminal justice enigma (cops, courts, jails, prisons, probation, parole, policy, legislation and politics). The second hour is made up of the calls from wives, mothers, and children; mostly women's voices but occasionally fathers, lovers, friends and brothers, each of whom is calling to give a few words of encouragement to an inmate living in a prison within the broadcast range of KPFT, with the goal of strengthening family ties and reducing recidivism by Keeping Prison Families Together! -

Leave a comment:

• denise.ortiz
    replied
    Too bad my husband's facility isn't on the list, but I think this is awesome!!

Leave a comment:

• khernandez
    replied
    This is absolutely awesome - there will definitely be a lot of members checkin' this out - great info!

Leave a comment:

• So.Califas
    replied
    Originally posted by Luv my Chavo View Post
    Thanks for the info !
    I'm sure many will be joining every Friday .

your welcome

Leave a comment:

• Luv my Chavo
    replied
    Originally posted by So.Califas View Post
    You go to kpft.org is the website then you click on listen live then you click on the first box that says live now on 90.1 on the green circle that has the white errow. And you can hear the show.
    Thanks for the info !
    I'm sure many will be joining every Friday .

Leave a comment:

• Geraldine P
    replied
    It used to be a great show I got married on air on 16 September 2011 but now the structure has changed it is not so good a. And good luck to anyone who can get connected

Leave a comment:

• Elady86
    replied
    I seen this in YouTube

Leave a comment:

• helen1961
    replied
    This is great info. My son's unit is on the list

Leave a comment:

• So.Califas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• So.Califas
    replied
    I always hear the radio station on Fridays and always make a shout out to my man. It is true the line is always busy. So what I do is call and if I get a busy signal I hang up and call again until I get through. I like hearing the show so I have my lap top on the website and be dailing on my phone. The first hour is information and updating us up on what is going on in the units and at 10 to 11 is the shout outs.

Leave a comment:

• AiKazama
    replied
    Aww, Gurney isn't on there, but that is such an awesome thing to do for your loved one. :-)

Leave a comment:

• TexasDust
    replied
    I am going to call tomorrow and make sure everything is the same, cause the links don't work but it could be due to them not being on line right now I will update this post, as their website has them as still being on air.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X