X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prison Show Radio ~Shout Outs~

Hello Texas Family!

Not sure how many of you are aware of the Prison Show Radio Station that dedicates an evening to allow us to send Shout Outs to our loved ones. I've heard its really hard to get through but business is good and you just have to keep trying.

Radio Show# 713-526-5738
    http://www.kpft.org/

They start taking calls Friday @ 9:20pm - however the shout outs do not start until 10pm. So again you will get a busy signal but you just have to keep trying and trying. Cut off time to accept calls is 10:50pm.

If you want to do a Prison Shout Out this is the information you want to have ready so when they put you on the air:

1. Your Loved Ones Name [First Name or Nickname]:
    2. The Unit your Love One is In:
    3. Your Name & Relationship:
    4. Your Shout Out: [What you want your loved one to hear you say]

I do really recommend that if you can call in - it will really bring a smile to your Loved Ones face

If you are going to call in please also tell your loved one to be sure to be listening from 9p-11p on the Prison Radio Show.

WHAT UNITS CATCH THE STATION?

Per Ray Hill, the Radio Show Host, the following units can hear the station:

• Beto (very seldom can they hear...there is a Dallas station with the same dial as ours and until we get a tower closer to that area and can knock the other station out, the signal is horrible)
    • Byrd
    • Central
    • Clemens
    • Darrington
    • Ellis
    • Eastham
    • Estelle
    • Ferguson
    • Goree
    • Hightower
    • Holliday (if they have a radio)
    • Huntsville
    • Jester I, III, IV
    • Lewis
    • Luther
    • Pack
    • Polunsky
    • Ramsey I & II
    • Scott
    • Stringfellow
    • Terrell
    • Vance
    • Wynne
    Last edited by TexasDust; 04-11-2013, 01:45 PM.

JPay Service
    Help Link
    JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Originally posted by TexasDust View Post
    Hello Texas Family!

Not sure how many of you are aware of the Prison Show Radio Station that dedicates an evening to allow us to send Shout Outs to our loved ones. I've heard its really hard to get through but business is good and you just have to keep trying.

Radio Show# 713-526-5738

They start taking calls @ 9:20pm - however the shout outs do not start until 10pm. So again you will get a busy signal but you just have to keep trying and trying. Cut off time to accept calls is 10:50pm.

I do really recommend that if you can call in - it will really bring a smile to your Loved Ones face

If you are going to call in please also tell your loved one to be sure to be listening from 9p-11p on the Prison Radio Show.

WHAT UNITS CATCH THE STATION?
    Per Ray Hill, the Radio Show Host, the following units can hear the station:
    • Beto (very seldom can they hear...there is a Dallas station with the same dial as ours and until we get a tower closer to that area and can knock the other station out, the signal is horrible)
    • Byrd
    • Central
    • Clemens
    • Darrington
    • Ellis
    • Eastham
    • Estelle
    • Ferguson
    • Goree
    • Hightower
    • Holliday (if they have a radio)
    • Huntsville
    • Jester I, III, IV
    • Lewis
    • Luther
    • Pack
    • Polunsky
    • Ramsey I & II
    • Scott
    • Stringfellow
    • Terrell
    • Vance
    • Wynne
    Awwww man!!!! What happened to Garza West? lol

Comment

I just want to give credit to RedzReyna an Old Member who brought this info to the JPay Forum about the Shout Outs , I thought it would be fun to bring it to Members who may have loved ones in Texas who would be able to hear a Shout Out meant for them being sent out to them on the air!

JPay Service
      Help Link

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDust View Post
        I just want to give credit to RedzReyna an Old Member who brought this info to the JPay Forum about the Shout Outs , I thought it would be fun to bring it to Members who may have loved ones in Texas who would be able to hear a Shout Out meant for them being sent out to them on the air!
        Definitely great for all the units that get this station! I'd be calling and calling

Comment

Originally posted by Luv my Chavo View Post
          Awwww man!!!! What happened to Garza West? lol
          I am sure there has to be other radio stations/shows that do Shout Outs in the area where the prison tower catches the signal. (?)

JPay Service
          Help Link

Comment

It's called The Prison Show its - KPFT 90.1 FM - they dedicate Friday nights to the Texas Prison Unit and their families from 9p - 11p.

During the first hour of the program Ray, the gang, and sometimes special guests discuss current issues and review the week's mailbag. In the second hour they take the calls that make the show so special, as the callers connect to talk to their family members, friends and loved ones within the Texas prison system. We are all then somehow able to form together to become one large family through our common experience. ;]

Be sure to tell them to Tune In every Friday night ;] You can also listen to the show online @
            http://www.theprisonshow.org

JPay Service
            Help Link

Comment

a hint

If you call in @ 9:20p which is the time they start taking calls then start dialing in again around 10p they take the last call @ 10:50p

~ you just have to keep trying and trying its very much worth it.

JPay Service
              Help Link

Comment

I Think this is A GREAT Thing Here!

To be able to reach your loved one from this side of the prison walls in a way that catches them off guard and the memory will stay with them for the rest of their life (unless they get senile in old age ).

Couldn't even guess or think what they feel like during and after the fact they got a shout out from their loved one OVER THE RADIO WAVES.

But you would think some of these emotions are involved: Shock, Bewilderment, Amazement, Ecstatic, Joy, Happy, Pride, Contentment.

JPay Service
                Help Link

Comment

The Prison Show regularly conducts live, on-air weddings between free-world women and incarcerated men; the groom listens on the radio from prison while his bride marries a stand-in known as a legal proxy. Show host David Babb, a former inmate himself, says the weddings reflect the show's overall mission of keeping prisoners connected to their wives, children and friends.

JPay Service
                  Help Link

Comment

I am going to call tomorrow and make sure everything is the same, cause the links don't work but it could be due to them not being on line right now I will update this post, as their website has them as still being on air.

JPay Service
                    Help Link

Comment

Aww, Gurney isn't on there, but that is such an awesome thing to do for your loved one. :-)

Comment

I always hear the radio station on Fridays and always make a shout out to my man. It is true the line is always busy. So what I do is call and if I get a busy signal I hang up and call again until I get through. I like hearing the show so I have my lap top on the website and be dailing on my phone. The first hour is information and updating us up on what is going on in the units and at 10 to 11 is the shout outs.
                        KhInO's KhIcK

Comment

You go to kpft.org is the website then you click on listen live then you click on the first box that says live now on 90.1 on the green circle that has the white errow. And you can hear the show.
                          KhInO's KhIcK

Comment

This is great info. My son's unit is on the list

Comment

I seen this in YouTube

Comment

Working...
                              X