Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cell Phone Registration For TDCJ Calls !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luv my Chavo
    started a topic Cell Phone Registration For TDCJ Calls !

Cell Phone Registration For TDCJ Calls !

Hello my Texas Ladies I just wanted to share this info with all of you and also let yall know that the phone rate will NOT change from .26 a minute. So if you are in Texas and your LO calls your cell or landline you will still pay the same rate .26 (bummer). I was thinking I could change my cellphone number to his units area code but it won't make a difference lol. Anyway here is some good info for all of you

The decision to accept cell phones has been approved by TDCJ. At this time we do not have a date to begin processing registrations. Computer systems are being updated to allow for the change and updates will be posted to this site. Please check back periodically. http://www.texasprisonphone.com/

What can I expect once cell phones are allowed?
    Only cell phones with ?post-paid? billing arrangements will be allowed. Pre-paid phones will not be approved.
    ?Pre-paid cell phones (aka pay-as-you-go) are phones for which credit is purchased in advance. Example providers include TracFone, Boost Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, and T-Mobile Prepaid.
    Post-paid cell phones are phones where the user chooses a calling plan and enters into regular billing arrangement with the provider. Examples include AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
    Pre-paid phones are not allowed due to TDCJ security policies.

All cell phone registrations must be processed by calling the Enrollment Center at 866 806 7804, option 1, 2, and 7 (Understand that when you hit the 7 key you are agreeing to the terms so listen carefully). The representative will call your cell phone provider with you on the line to verify ownership of the account and confirm that the cellphone is not pre-paid. .

You cannot port your landline phone to a cell phone without calling the Enrollment Center to register the number as a cell phone. All numbers ported from a landline to a cell phone will be blocked until you call to re-register it as a cell phone.
    You may keep your landline phone registered AND register your cell phone.
    Last edited by Luv my Chavo; 09-27-2012, 03:34 PM.

• beausgrl
    replied
    Just an update I got approved with no problems

Leave a comment:

• beausgrl
    replied
    Kinda worried because my cell phone is registered in mine and my daughters name to keep my ex from being able from finding me but I am registered on it too and I am on the bill with her .. It is just registered under both our names so it shows hers first because if someone does a cell phone search it pulls her not me as main so Ex cannot get the number easily.. long story but when doing a verification I can find out bill and do any changes on bill and so on

Leave a comment:

• legalservice
    replied
    I heard about inmates getting cell phones in prison lol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Conviction Solutions
    Get out of jail, prison, probation, parole
    Sue your lawyer, govern't
    Costs FRACTION of lawyer
    www.national-legal-services.com

Leave a comment:

• lblessed
    replied
    Isn't it sad how only american numbers are allowed to register?

Leave a comment:

• randomchic
    replied
    Does anybody know if having a landline through Securus will affect trying to register a cell phone? My landline account was closed or something with Securus. They do not even have my number listed as having an account. My loved one lost his phone privileges for a year. Well in January we were told a year. I didn't worry about paying the rest of the money on my account because I couldn't use it anymore anyways.. soooooo good ole TDCJ decided yesterday to re-instate his privileges five months early which is awesome, amazing, and all that... except for i have no phone account now..

so anyhow i started the process of registering my cell number. but when i logged onto securus website it still has me linked to my old account, but even the customer service person told me that i did not have an active account. ???

SO I am just wondering if having an invalid account that I owe money on will affect a new account with a new number. I want to be able to talk to him.

I appreciate any help with this matter.

Leave a comment:

• camobaby
    replied
    Hey Ladies, I'm new to this also my boyfriend is at Pam Lynchner an I have a Metro PCS an can't register my cell pH. A friend of mine sent me this website an she said she used it when her son was locked up an I worked great. So I'm going to check it out. Here's the website.

www.conscallhome.com

Leave a comment:

• khernandez
    replied
    Originally posted by iheartbrandn View Post
    Hello everyone, I am new to all of this. But I registered my phone last week and we have been able to talk now, etc which is GREAT. I just was trying to see where I could find a balance of what I have left? Or a per minute rate?
    Here are the numbers for Securus:

Main Support Line:
    Customers Calling from a Mobile Device: 972-734-1111
    1-800-844-6591

They can tell you over the phone, but I would have them sign you up for an online account, that way you can just log in and see your balance, put money on your account, etc. It's so much easier!

Leave a comment:

• iheartbrandn
    replied
    Hello everyone, I am new to all of this. But I registered my phone last week and we have been able to talk now, etc which is GREAT. I just was trying to see where I could find a balance of what I have left? Or a per minute rate?

Leave a comment:

• pieceapeace
    replied
    Originally posted by arhai21 View Post
    Hello i just got a house phone line and was wondering i got it with time warner cable but the phone is connected thru the internet but it stull is a house phone can i still register it

Yes Time Warner is considered post paid...it's what I use (landline but through the computer) and my phone DID get set up and my husband and I were able to talk. The lady at Time Warner was a little confused when TDCJ asked if it was post paid but she eventually realized and all went well.

Leave a comment:

• arhai21
    replied
    Hello i just got a house phone line and was wondering i got it with time warner cable but the phone is connected thru the internet but it stull is a house phone can i still register it

Leave a comment:

• Angeliadee
    replied
    They don't allow any prepaid phones, u have to have contract, or landline, and everything has to match, from your name, address. No prepaid.

Leave a comment:

• hiliana94
    replied
    Metro Pcs

I was wondering do they accept Metro Pcs or would that be considered pre paid? I have been trying to set up my phone but I don't know if that is accepted anyone know?

Leave a comment:

• Kduenas9187
    replied
    Heeeeelp!

Hey guys, i'm pretty new to the whole jpay phone system and have a couple questions. Well my boyfriend is held at Garza west and when I first got a letter from him he sent this little paper saying to register my phone. Except the cell phone i have is under my moms name and shes really against my relationship, so I know it wasn't going to work out in the first place since she would never agree to register the phone for me. Anyway, I decided to get time warner cable and received a house phone with it. The only problem I have is, even though the house phone is registered under my name I don't live at the location my ID says it does. I live with my aunt since its closer to college and work, but I let time Warner know to bill my phone to my moms address which is the address I have on my ID and it also says on my time warner account that my billing information is set for my moms address. So I was wondering if that was still going to work? Plus my boyfriend already told me he has my name on the registered phone list but with my cell phone number, do i tell him to put my new number or leave it alone since it already has my name? & if my phone does get approved will they call my house phone to let me know or do I have to call to find out? & how does adding money on the phone work? I don't want them to bill my moms address or anything like that. I used to registered with ICSolutions and when the money ran out for me to talk to him, I would just go online to add more or on the phone manually. Does it work like that too with this phone company? Basically, I just really want to make sure all of this will work and have no complications before I actually register my house phone to talk to him. So I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

Leave a comment:

• z3r0c00l
    replied
    Originally posted by TexasDust View Post
    Nothing wrong with being stubborn at times I would rather be stubborn and make a call to make sure I had the right answer than always having that thought in my head of "What If"

Now We All Know

Thank You
    Confirmed. No Straight Talk phones either. The main reason I was wondering is because when I got my ST phone I had to register my name, address, debit card, etc. It would make sense that doing it that way they could verify the phones owner. Now I know for sure and thought I would share.

Now, on to plan B!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X