Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cell Phone Registration For TDCJ Calls !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stephbrown71 View Post
    OK so I called secures to find out what was going on since I've been approved since April 29 and still no call , a rep told me that before they can call the inmate has to request that your number be approved. How does that work if I am already approved and on his calling list? Has anyone else been told that?
    I have not heard of that.....if you are already on his approved list then there isn't any reason why you shouldn't be receiving phone calls. The only hold up would be if his voice has not been recorded, or if he is having trouble calling out......what is your loved one telling you about when he tries to call? (assuming that you are writing each other)
    Mrs. Hernandez

My Husband is Finally Home 3/5/13 amor de mi vida <3

Comment

• Originally posted by khernandez View Post
      I have not heard of that.....if you are already on his approved list then there isn't any reason why you shouldn't be receiving phone calls. The only hold up would be if his voice has not been recorded, or if he is having trouble calling out......what is your loved one telling you about when he tries to call? (assuming that you are writing each other)
      I wrote him the day after I was approved to let him know I was approved I haven't received a letter back yet it usually takes him 2 or 3 days to receive my letters. I also called tdc to see if they let them know when someone is added to their calling list but basicly what they told me was I would have to tell him myself. Also can I call tdc or the family & friends to find out if his voice has been recorded b/c secures is not too much of a help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephbrown71 View Post
        I wrote him the day after I was approved to let him know I was approved I haven't received a letter back yet it usually takes him 2 or 3 days to receive my letters. I also called tdc to see if they let them know when someone is added to their calling list but basicly what they told me was I would have to tell him myself. Also can I call tdc or the family & friends to find out if his voice has been recorded b/c secures is not too much of a help.
        Yes the bad part is that we have to let them know that everything is set up with the phone on our end - they don't let them know anything like that. They won't be able to tell you if his voice has been recorded - he will have to let you know that. If you have already made him aware that you have been approved and your phone is set up, then it's just a sit back and wait kind of thing.
        Mrs. Hernandez

My Husband is Finally Home 3/5/13 amor de mi vida <3

Comment

• Hello there!! My hubby just caught chain about a week ago for TDCJ. I know it'll be a while until he gets to call me but I want to be ready beforehand.
          I have a question. I am trying to register my cell phone which isn't registered under my name, its under my brothers, can I still receive calls if my brother sets up the account with his name. We live under the same roof but since he passed on the phone to me, the contracted stayed under his name? Does he have to be on an approved calling list or can I still receive my Hubby's calls like that? Please let me know!!! Thank you in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by janejg7 View Post
            I am trying to register my cell phone which isn't registered under my name, its under my brothers, can I still receive calls if my brother sets up the account with his name.

the contracted stayed under his name?

Does he have to be on an approved calling list or can I still receive my Hubby's calls like that? Please let me know!!! Thank you in advance
            I would say you can receive calls but your brother has to be the one to register the phone

Here are the Rules for registering phones in Texas
            :

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/offender...one/index.html

Offender Telephone System

The Offender Telephone System (OTS) allows eligible offenders to make paid telephone calls to friends and family. Offenders with major disciplinary problems, gang affiliations, or on death row will not have access to the telephone system.

Information or registration:

Before you can receive calls from a TDCJ offender, you must first register your telephone number:
            •Internet: texasprisonphone.com
            Note: You will need the offender's TDCJ ID Number to register to receive phone calls from him or her. If you do not know their number you can find it through the online offender search at http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/offender...ion/index.html or by phone at (936) 295-6371 or (800) 535-0283. The phones are answered from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday.
            •Telephone: (866) 806-7804

Telephone calls can be placed in the following manner:
            •Collect calls - charges are accepted when the offender calls.
            •Friends and Family Prepaid - the telephone number owner establishes an account in which to deposit money to pay for the offender's calls.
            •Offender Telephone Prepaid Debit Account - the offender or family can deposit money into the offender's account.

The following rules apply to the system:
            •Phones are available from 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m., unless conditions dictate a change.
            •Calls are limited to 20 minutes.
            •You will hear a warning message one minute before being disconnected.
            •Offenders have unlimited minutes per month.
            •All calls, except to the Attorney of Record, are subject to monitoring and recording.
            •Calls may only be made to home land line telephone numbers and post-paid cell phones. No calls are allowed to internet services, 800 numbers, businesses, pay phones, or international numbers.
            •To receive calls, the name on the registrant's driver's license or state identification card must be reflected on their telephone listing or bill.
            To register you will be required to confirm that you: ◦Are the registered owner of the telephone number.
            ◦Agree to allow the offender to call the phone number.
            ◦Are at least 18 years old.
            ◦Will not forward calls or make 3-way calls received from the offender.

If a victim does or does not wish to receive calls from offenders, they should contact:

Victim Services Division
            8712 Shoal Creek Blvd., Suite 265
            Austin, TX 78757
            Telephone: (800) 848-4284

E-messaging Service
            E-messaging allows friends and families to send electronic messages to offenders. To learn more about the service and to set up an account, click the following link: E-messaging.
            Complaints about the vendor service for the Offender Telephone System or E-Messaging Service should be forwarded in writing to:

Texas Department of Criminal Justice
            Information Technology Division
            Offender Telephone System Contract Manager
            P.O. Box 4016
            Huntsville, TX 77342-4016
            email: offenderphones@tdcj.state.tx.us

JPay Service
            Help Link
            JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

• I did a search for this in the forum and did not see anything, so here goes.

Does anyone know about registering a cell phone with Straight Talk as a carrier. I looked on the Offender Phone site and it said only 'post-paid' cell phones accepted. I don't get a bill and I guess Straight Talk is still technically considered a 'Pay-as-you-Go' phone but now days almost every one I know has service through them. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by z3r0c00l View Post
                I did a search for this in the forum and did not see anything, so here goes.

Does anyone know about registering a cell phone with Straight Talk as a carrier. I looked on the Offender Phone site and it said only 'post-paid' cell phones accepted. I don't get a bill and I guess Straight Talk is still technically considered a 'Pay-as-you-Go' phone but now days almost every one I know has service through them. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
                Here is the link for the actual website to Register Phones

http://www.texasprisonphone.com/

http://www.texasoffenderfriendsandfa.../cellphone.asp
                Cell Phone Registration

Cell phone registrations are now being accepted.

Rules for cell phone registrations

1.Only cell phones with “post-paid” billing arrangements will be allowed: ◦Post-paid cell phones are phones where the user chooses a calling plan and enters into a regular billing arrangement, commonly a contract, with the provider. Examples include AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile.

2.Pre-paid cell phones are not allowed due to TDCJ security policies, and will NOT be approved:
                ◦Pre-paid cell phones (Pay-As-You-Go) are phones for which credit is purchased in advance. Providers include TracFone, Boost Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Cricket, Metro, and T-Mobile Prepaid.

3.You may keep your landline phone registered AND register your cell phone.
                4.You cannot change your landline phone number to a cell phone number and still receive calls from an offender without calling the Enrollment Center to register the number as a cell phone. All numbers changed from a landline to a cell phone will be blocked until you call to re-register it as a cell phone.
                5.If you are registering more than one cell phone, you have to register each cell phone separately.

There are two ways to register a cell phone:
                1.Register manually by mailing in a form and the required documentation. Due to the significant increase in customers registering cell phones, hold times are long. To avoid long hold times, and to save your cell phone minutes, we recommend that you REGISTER MANUALLY.
                2.Call the Enrollment Center at 1.866.806.7804, option 1, 0, from the cell phone you are registering. The representative will call your cell phone provider with you on the line to verify ownership of the account and confirm that the cell phone is not pre-paid.

JPay Service
                Help Link

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasDust View Post
                  Here is the link for the actual website to Register Phones
                  Thanks! I did check the website out before. I'm thinking I need to call and ask about Straight Talk specifically since it is not listed within their list of Pre-Pay cell services. I'll post here as soon as I find out something definitive.

Comment

Thanks! I did check the website out before. I'm thinking I need to call and ask about Straight Talk specifically since it is not listed within their list of Pre-Pay cell services. I'll post here as soon as I find out something definitive.
                    Never hurts to call and ask but the answer to your question is right here

1.Only cell phones with “post-paid” billing arrangements will be allowed: ◦Post-paid cell phones are phones where the user chooses a calling plan and enters into a regular billing arrangement, commonly a contract, with the provider. Examples include AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile.

They just didn't list all the pre paid cell phone companies, but it does help other Members out that will have the same question/s and at least when you find out one way or another, we will all be informed

JPay Service
                    Help Link

Comment

Never hurts to call and ask but the answer to your question is right here
                      True story! I'm just stubborn! LOL. I'm ready to actually get to talk to her! We will work something out for sure though.

Comment

True story! I'm just stubborn! LOL. I'm ready to actually get to talk to her! We will work something out for sure though.
                        Nothing wrong with being stubborn at times I would rather be stubborn and make a call to make sure I had the right answer than always having that thought in my head of "What If"

Now We All Know

Thank You

JPay Service
                        Help Link

Comment

Nothing wrong with being stubborn at times I would rather be stubborn and make a call to make sure I had the right answer than always having that thought in my head of "What If"

Now We All Know

Thank You
                          Confirmed. No Straight Talk phones either. The main reason I was wondering is because when I got my ST phone I had to register my name, address, debit card, etc. It would make sense that doing it that way they could verify the phones owner. Now I know for sure and thought I would share.

Now, on to plan B!

Comment

• Heeeeelp!

Hey guys, i'm pretty new to the whole jpay phone system and have a couple questions. Well my boyfriend is held at Garza west and when I first got a letter from him he sent this little paper saying to register my phone. Except the cell phone i have is under my moms name and shes really against my relationship, so I know it wasn't going to work out in the first place since she would never agree to register the phone for me. Anyway, I decided to get time warner cable and received a house phone with it. The only problem I have is, even though the house phone is registered under my name I don't live at the location my ID says it does. I live with my aunt since its closer to college and work, but I let time Warner know to bill my phone to my moms address which is the address I have on my ID and it also says on my time warner account that my billing information is set for my moms address. So I was wondering if that was still going to work? Plus my boyfriend already told me he has my name on the registered phone list but with my cell phone number, do i tell him to put my new number or leave it alone since it already has my name? & if my phone does get approved will they call my house phone to let me know or do I have to call to find out? & how does adding money on the phone work? I don't want them to bill my moms address or anything like that. I used to registered with ICSolutions and when the money ran out for me to talk to him, I would just go online to add more or on the phone manually. Does it work like that too with this phone company? Basically, I just really want to make sure all of this will work and have no complications before I actually register my house phone to talk to him. So I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

Comment

• Metro Pcs

I was wondering do they accept Metro Pcs or would that be considered pre paid? I have been trying to set up my phone but I don't know if that is accepted anyone know?

Comment

• They don't allow any prepaid phones, u have to have contract, or landline, and everything has to match, from your name, address. No prepaid.

Comment

Working...
                                X