Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cell Phone Registration For TDCJ Calls !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell Phone Registration For TDCJ Calls !

Hello my Texas Ladies I just wanted to share this info with all of you and also let yall know that the phone rate will NOT change from .26 a minute. So if you are in Texas and your LO calls your cell or landline you will still pay the same rate .26 (bummer). I was thinking I could change my cellphone number to his units area code but it won't make a difference lol. Anyway here is some good info for all of you

The decision to accept cell phones has been approved by TDCJ. At this time we do not have a date to begin processing registrations. Computer systems are being updated to allow for the change and updates will be posted to this site. Please check back periodically. http://www.texasprisonphone.com/

What can I expect once cell phones are allowed?
    Only cell phones with ?post-paid? billing arrangements will be allowed. Pre-paid phones will not be approved.
    ?Pre-paid cell phones (aka pay-as-you-go) are phones for which credit is purchased in advance. Example providers include TracFone, Boost Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, and T-Mobile Prepaid.
    Post-paid cell phones are phones where the user chooses a calling plan and enters into regular billing arrangement with the provider. Examples include AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
    Pre-paid phones are not allowed due to TDCJ security policies.

All cell phone registrations must be processed by calling the Enrollment Center at 866 806 7804, option 1, 2, and 7 (Understand that when you hit the 7 key you are agreeing to the terms so listen carefully). The representative will call your cell phone provider with you on the line to verify ownership of the account and confirm that the cellphone is not pre-paid. .

You cannot port your landline phone to a cell phone without calling the Enrollment Center to register the number as a cell phone. All numbers ported from a landline to a cell phone will be blocked until you call to re-register it as a cell phone.
    You may keep your landline phone registered AND register your cell phone.
    Last edited by Luv my Chavo; 09-27-2012, 03:34 PM.

Yay.! Woo woo.! Lol, so do we go ahead and call that number now to register our cell phones?

My man is home.! 7/12/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Cayla Lester View Post
      Yay.! Woo woo.! Lol, so do we go ahead and call that number now to register our cell phones?
      Not yet they are still working out the kinks in the system but they are headed in the right direction thats for sure .

Comment

TDCJ moving on up now I see you lol
        The Bible...read it to be wise, believe it to be saved and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you. Chist is its grand subject. Our good is its design.The glory of God is its end. Read it slowly. Read it often. Read it prayerfully.
        Praise the Lord it's another day with out him but a day closer for him to be home

Comment

Originally posted by cc_ortiz View Post
          TDCJ moving on up now I see you lol
          Shoot about time! LMAO! But we still behind , wish we had the e-mails like yall have .

Comment

Originally posted by Luv my Chavo View Post
            Not yet they are still working out the kinks in the system but they are headed in the right direction thats for sure .
            I sure hope that they get the kinks out soon.! Looks like I will have another site to start stalking now =D

Comment

Thanks LUV MY CHAVO for the info about the cellphones. Can't wait for them to get lines up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by helen1961 View Post
                Thanks LUV MY CHAVO for the info about the cellphones. Can't wait for them to get lines up and running.
                No problem I think we are all anxious. Then I can stop paying 3 phone bills lol.

Comment

is this going to be for all tdcj units? my husband is in connally unit

Comment

Originally posted by kelsey View Post
                    Yes ma'am . Welcome to Jpay

Comment

Originally posted by kelsey View Post
                      My dad is in Connally.!

Comment

Can't wait for the cell phones to be up and running, I love to travel and I usually don't cuz I don't want to miss my husbands calls...! Come on Securus, so anxious for this...! =)

Comment

yay!!! now I can save some money on the home phone. Glad Texas is at least catching up on some things (not much though)
                          Kristen Behn
                          Houston, TX

It's actually 2019 but the ticker would only go to 2017.

Comment

well Texas is talking about catching up with the times. I am sure set backs delays and kinks will keep this from starting for quite some time!

Comment

Originally posted by welderswife View Post
                              well Texas is talking about catching up with the times. I am sure set backs delays and kinks will keep this from starting for quite some time!
                              Change is hard for everyone in whatever situation you may be, even at work (I'm sure many can relate) so imagine the work they have to do to set all units to the exact same thing....... We have to be patient but it will come .

Comment

Working...
                              X