• Show
Clear All

• Parole In Texas / Answers To Common Questions

Answers To Common Questions
    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/publ...08-22-2008.pdf

JPay Service
    Help Link
    JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Just saw this link as well as the others that you posted. Thanks for the breakdowns and quick links. Always nice having quick resources/links at your finger tips.
    Home since March 20, 2014.....

Comment

Originally posted by scrillagurl View Post
      Just saw this link as well as the others that you posted. Thanks for the breakdowns and quick links. Always nice having quick resources/links at your finger tips.
      Thanks nothing like having useful, helpful and informative links to guide us in the right direction when Members can't answer with their knowledge and experience of a state DOC system rules and regulations

JPay Service
      Help Link

Comment

I was reading up on a post you started or answered. Anyhow, in the info it said that sending support letters for parole is something that should be done throughout the year. Do you think that is something that truly is effective, or would make a difference?
        Home since March 20, 2014.....

Comment

I was reading up on a post you started or answered. Anyhow, in the info it said that sending support letters for parole is something that should be done throughout the year. Do you think that is something that truly is effective, or would make a difference?
          Texas has that you can send in support letters anytime and they put them in their file, I think it shows that they have support on the outside, but Texas also has posted up on the parole area of their website that a parole packet does not make a difference one way or another on a parole decision.

JPay Service
          Help Link

Comment

This is a little of what Texas has up about support letters

SUPPORT LETTERS

Q: Does the parole panel look at support letters?
            A: Support letters are placed in an offender's case file and are available to the parole panel during the parole review process.

Q: What kind of information do I include in a support letter and where do I send it?
            A: Include information that demonstrates to the parole panel that an offender has a support system in place upon release. Letters may include information regarding employment/potential employment, residence, transportation, available treatment programs (as applicable), or other information the writer feels would be helpful to the parole panel in making their decision. Be sure to include the offender's name and TDCJ number. Send letters to: Review and Release Processing, TDCJ Parole Division, P.O. Box 13401, Capitol Station, Austin, TX 78711.

Q: Will a large number of petitions and letters make more of a difference to the parole panel than just a few?
            A: No, a few clear and concise letters stating the nature of support -- financial, vocational, residential, etc. -- are preferable to voluminous petitions and letters. It is not necessary to send a copy of the letter to each parole panel member. Letters are placed in the offender's file to be available to any reviewing parole panel member.

Q: Will the Board accept the certificates and course completion information I am sending them for consideration when they review my loved one for parole?
            A: The Board will accept copies of certificates and course completion information; however an offender's program completions and certifications are already included in the interview/case summary the institutional parole officer submits to the Board for review.

JPay Service
            Help Link

Comment

I have a question that maybe someone can give me advice on....has anyone ever tried to see about the LO bondsman writing a support letter? My husband has never been in trouble before all of this came about and I was curious if the bondsman wrote a letter showing how my husband called in every week, like he was supposed to, if that would help show that he was reliable and not a flight risk or anything. Not that he has any reason to be, but I just wanted something showing he was reliable and did everything he was told to do throughout this whole ordeal. What about an attorney that might have been representing your LO- has anyone ever gotten them to do a support letter? My husband did everything his attorney told him to do and I just wanted to show this since we have no prior criminal history or anything. Do you think it is worth my time to even try?

9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

Comment

Originally posted by tramelsgirl View Post
                I have a question that maybe someone can give me advice on....has anyone ever tried to see about the LO bondsman writing a support letter? My husband has never been in trouble before all of this came about and I was curious if the bondsman wrote a letter showing how my husband called in every week, like he was supposed to, if that would help show that he was reliable and not a flight risk or anything. Not that he has any reason to be, but I just wanted something showing he was reliable and did everything he was told to do throughout this whole ordeal. What about an attorney that might have been representing your LO- has anyone ever gotten them to do a support letter? My husband did everything his attorney told him to do and I just wanted to show this since we have no prior criminal history or anything. Do you think it is worth my time to even try?
                Yes I would at least try! The worse that can happen is for them to say no they won't write the parole board. Also parole knows your LO criminal reocord. When my LO had his interview with the parole officer she had him about a case he had a while ago. God bless & pretty much anyone can write a support letter for your LO.

Comment

My LO is going to a halfway house for 90 days, once he is finished with the program he's in. My question is will they transport him to the halfway house or can I go get him and take him? And if they take him, how long before I can see him? I'm so anxious to see him again, it has been 13 years since the last time we saw each other.

Comment

Originally posted by carmen99 View Post
                    My LO is going to a halfway house for 90 days, once he is finished with the program he's in. My question is will they transport him to the halfway house or can I go get him and take him? And if they take him, how long before I can see him? I'm so anxious to see him again, it has been 13 years since the last time we saw each other.
                    I'm pretty sure they will be taking him there. Is he still in TDCJ? Just to be sure I would call.

Comment

Yes, he is still in tdcj.

Comment

Originally posted by carmen99 View Post
                        Yes, he is still in tdcj.
                        Well I hope you get to see your LO soon! 13 years is a long time! God bless!

Comment

My hubby got a FI-3R on Feb 11 and still hasn't started taking his changes classes. What is taking so long? Is the Parole Board Decision final or under what circumstances do they just change it to a FI-1 ?

Comment

Originally posted by DannieB813 View Post
                            My hubby got a FI-3R on Feb 11 and still hasn't started taking his changes classes. What is taking so long? Is the Parole Board Decision final or under what circumstances do they just change it to a FI-1 ?
                            Sorry to hear it is taking a long time for his classes to start, Texas has their way of doing things, none of us have figured it out yet either...

But here is what Texas has up about the Parole Decisions;

The Board of Pardons and Paroles can decide a case in a number of different ways and can attach a number of Special Conditions to the parole. For information on Special Conditions check out the “Policies and Directives” section of The Board of Pardons and Paroles’ web site at:

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/

RULE §145.12 Action upon Review
                            Texas Administrative Code TITLE 37 PUBLIC SAFETY AND CORRECTIONS PART 5 TEXAS BOARD OF PARDONS AND PAROLES CHAPTER 145 PAROLE SUBCHAPTER A PAROLE PROCESS RULE §145.12 Action upon Review

A case reviewed by a parole panel for parole consideration may be:

(1) deferred for request and receipt of further information;

(2) denied a favorable parole action at this time and set for review on a future specific month and year (Set-Off). The next review docket date (Month/Year) may be set at any date in the three year incarceration period following the prior parole docket date, but in no event shall it be less than one calendar year from either the prior parole docket date or the date of the panel decision if the prior parole docket date has passed;

(3) deny parole and order serve-all, but in no event shall this be utilized if the inmate's minimum expiration date is over three years from either the prior parole docket date or the date of the panel decision if the prior parole docket date has passed. If the serve-all date in effect on the date of the panel decision is extended by more than 180 days, the case shall be placed in regular parole review;

(4) determined that the totality of the circumstances favor the inmate's release on parole, further investigation (FI) is ordered in the following manner; and, upon release to parole, all conditions of parole or release to mandatory supervision that the parole panel is required by law to impose as a condition of parole or release to mandatory supervision are imposed:

(5) any person released to parole after completing a TDCJ treatment program as a prerequisite for parole, must participate in and complete any required post-release program.

Parole Panel Voting Options

The voting panels of the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles do not vote just “yes” or “no” on parole cases. The panels have a number of voting options for parole approval. The board may withdraw an approval vote at any time if new information is received.
                            • FI-1 (Further Investigation 1): Release the offender when eligible.
                            • FI-2: Release on a specified future date.
                            • FI-3R: Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program. Release to parole only after program completion and not earlier than three months from specified date. Such TDCJ program may include either CHANGES/Lifeskills, Voyager, Segovia Pre-Release Center (Segovia PRC), or any other approved tier program.
                            • FI-4R: Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program. Release to parole only after program completion and not earlier than four months from specified date. Such TDCJ program shall be the Sex Offender Education Program (SOEP).
                            • FI-5: Transfer to In-Prison Therapeutic Community Program (IPTC), with a release to aftercare.
                            • FI-6: Transfer to a DWI Program and release to continuum of care program.
                            • FI-6R: Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program. Release to parole only after program completion and no earlier than six months from specified date. Such TDCJ program may include the Pre-Release Therapeutic Community (PRTC), Pre-Release Substance Abuse Program (PRSAP), or In-Prison Therapeutic Community Program (IPTC), or any other approved tier program.
                            • FI-7R: Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program. Release to parole only after program completion and not earlier than seven months from the specified date. Such TDCJ program shall be the Serious and Violent Offender Reentry Initiative (SVORI).
                            • FI-9R: Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program. Release to parole only after program completion and not earlier than nine months from specified date. Such TDCJ program shall be the Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP-9).
                            • FI-18R: Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation treatment program. Release to parole only after program completion and no earlier than 18 months from specified date. Such TDCJ program shall be either the Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP-18), or the InnerChange Freedom Initiative (IFI).
                            • CU-FI: Designates the date an offender serving consecutive sentences would have been eligible for parole if single sentence.
                            • RMS: Release to mandatory supervision.
                            Denial Votes
                            • NR (Next Review): Deny parole and set time for next parole consideration. State law requires annual reviews except for certain violent or sexual cases.
                            • SA (Serve All): Deny parole with no regular subsequent review, requiring offender to serve balance of sentence if discharge date occurs in less than three years.
                            • CU-NR: Deny favorable action and set next review in consecutive sentence case.
                            • CU-SA: Require offender to serve all of current sentence in consecutive sentence case.
                            • DMS: Denies Mandatory Supervision (and sets next review date) because offender’s accrued good conduct time does not accurately reflect potential for rehabilitation and offender’s release would endanger the public.
                            Updated 03/16/2016

What Are Rehabilitation Tier/FI-R Programs
                            The Texas Legislature has required that the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) identify offenders who should attend treatment programs that will most immediately impact post-release adjustment. These programs are identified as Rehabilitation Tier Programs. TDCJ has also established other programs that satisfy the Rehabilitation Parole Vote (FI-R), but are not designated as Rehabilitation Tier Programs.

WHICH PROGRAMS SATISFY THE REHABILITATION TIER PAROLE VOTE (FI-R)?

INTERCHANGE PROGRAM*
                            In a unique partnership, TDCJ and Prison Fellowship Ministries have developed the Interchange Freedom Initiative Program which is designed to reduce recidivism. This program is a voluntary, 18 month, faith-based program located at the Vance Unit. This program uses Biblical principles to emphasize the importance of taking ownership for one’s life and for developing good decision-making skills and actions.

SEX OFFENDER TREATMENT PROGRAM (SOTP)*
                            An 18-month program which is based on Cognitive-Behavioral therapy in a relapse-prevention framework. Therapists work with offenders to change error in thinking. These errors have led them to negative outcomes such as sex offending and prison. Positive changes in thinking will lead to more positive behavior. The SOTP program is located at eh Goree, Hightower, and Hilltop Units.

IN-PRISON THERAPEUTIC COMMUNITY (IPTC)*
                            A nine-month program intensive program for offenders identified as needing substance abuse treatment. The programs are located at the Hackberry and Henley Units for females and the Kyle Unit for males. Programming for the IPTC consists of three phases: orientation, Main Treatment, and Re-Entry. Orientation provides a comprehensive assessment and orientation to the therapeutic community. Main Treatment concentrates on education, skills training, offender lifestyle confrontation, family dynamics, and 12-step programs. Re-Entry focuses on the development of social skills, personal growth skill, and relapse prevention. After program completion, offenders are paroled to a community residential facility for three month, followed by outpatient treatment for 12 months.

IN-PERSON THERAPEUTIC COMMUNITY 2 PROGRAM (IPTC2)*
                            A six-month intensive program for female offenders identified as needing substance abuse treatment. This program is structured the same as the above described IPTC program The IPTC2 program is located at the Halbert Unit.

PRE-RELEASE SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROGRAM (PRSAP)*
                            A six-month program modified therapeutic community treatment program for offenders with serious substance abuse dependence and antisocial characteristics. Programming consists of five months of intensive structured treatment and one month of after-care treatment, which is all provided at the LeBlanc Unit.

PRE-RELEASE THERAPEUTIC COMMUNITY PROGRAM (PRTC)*
                            A six-month modified therapeutic community treatment program located at the Beto Unit. It is designed to provide pre-release services to offenders who may have a combination of needs. The Programs and Services Division, Windham School District, and Parole Division work in accord to provide the following: vocational training, educational classes, substance abuse treatment, life skills classes, cognitive intervention, employment training, and release planning.

SEGOVIA PRE-RELEASE CENTER (SEGOVLPRC)
                            A four to six-month program designed to prepare offenders for release. The primary program component is CHANGES (described below). Other program components are literacy, cognitive intervention, and vocational courses. This program is located at the Segovia Unit.

CHANGES PROGRAM
                            A three-month program entitled Changing Habits and Achieving New Goals to Empower Success (CHANGES). It offers a life skills curriculum to offenders for release. The program content includes: family relationships and parenting, civic and legal responsibilities, victim sensitivity, health maintenance, employability, money management, and other related life skills. CHANGES is offered on most TDCJ facilities.

VOYAGER PROGRAM
                            This program is offered through the Chaplain’s Department and offers a faith-based, non denominational curriculum. The program is strictly voluntary and is normally three months in length. Program content is similar to CHANGES. Voyager is offered on most TDCJ facilities.

YOUTHFUL OFFENDER PROGRAM (YOP)
                            A six month intensive treatment program for violent and habitual youthful offenders who are between the ages of 14 through 18. Program components include anger management, academics, cognitive restructuring, substance abuse treatment, and chaplaincy activities. The program is located at the Clements Unit for males, and the Hilltop Unit for females.
                            Last edited by TexasDust; 05-27-2016, 03:01 AM.

JPay Service
                            Help Link

Comment

Does n e body knw if the phones r working in Segovia unit

Comment

Working...
                              X