Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you again for your help. I am going to call tomorrow to make sure cause it's a 2 hour drive. And my husband would be very upset if we made a drive for nothing.

Comment

• Your Welcome!

I have driven from San Antonio, Texas to Colorado, Springs Colorado a " Couple Times" and have been told he can't have a visit because of trouble in the ward or over a fight that had JUST broke out.

JPay Service
      Help Link
      JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

• That's a long drive to not be able to visit. I would be so upset.

Comment

• It's Heart Wrenching and I've had my Heart Wrenched a few times.

Recently I was down there, i called the jail that morning they said all is good, drove to the jail 20 minutes away from where we were staying at and was told I couldn't have my scheduled visit I made 2 days prior, that's how many days in advance you have to call to see if any visits are open and available, then call the day of visitation.
          Was told I had to wait and make another visit 2 days out and if I wanted I could talk to the Sargent of the facility, well he said yes I could have the visit but since the time passed they couldn't let him visit during that time because he was in a unit that only has certain times for their visitation time, so to come back tomorrow, went back next day and was told No, when I explained the Sargent said Yes and said he would have it okayed in the computer they couldn't find anything and the couldn't get ahold of that specific Sargent, so I had to come back that afternoon, what happened was the first day the man that okayed visit was in unit when fight broke out, when it was brought to his attention that my son couldn't visit because of it, he approved the visit because my son wasn't involved but to late for me to visit, he okayed the visit for next day but couldn't put it in computer cause it is set for 2 day intervals between scheduled visits so it didn't allow him to enter it into computer, I went back to the other building to talk with a Sargent again and he the orginal Sargent apologized, told me he would call down there and okay the visit, so I go back to the building where visits are held and they tell me okay but you have to come back in the afternoon during the next visitation time.
          I was like Lord have Mercy!
          Then when we went back we had to Prove we actually traveled from out of state to visit our state licenses weren't enough Lol! I had more than enough evidence and since I wasn't belligerent they gave me visitation for the next day also! But are plans were to leave early the next day to get back in time for my husband to rest and then go to work here in Texas, he accepted the visit then they tell us the only time open is in the afternoon time, so on the way out we stopped and had our extra visit and drove right out of town,
          You want to hear the craziest part, the visit was on a television screen.

If I had known I wouldn't have traveled in the first place, I could've had the same Visit with JPays Video Visits they provide cheap through a laptop, compared to the cost of traveling So Far and been in the comforts of my own home

JPay Service
          Help Link

Comment

• Girl they would have been dragging me and my husband out of there in handcuffs. That is heart breaking to hear. You are fantastic to hold your cool like that. I sure pray he gets out soon so you don't have to go through that again. I called Gurney to make sure my son could have visits tomorrow and make sure me and my husband was on his list. It better not change by then cause I need a serious hug from him. I hope and pray its contact visits.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissYouSon View Post
              Girl they would have been dragging me and my husband out of there in handcuffs. That is heart breaking to hear. You are fantastic to hold your cool like that. I sure pray he gets out soon so you don't have to go through that again. I called Gurney to make sure my son could have visits tomorrow and make sure me and my husband was on his list. It better not change by then cause I need a serious hug from him. I hope and pray its contact visits.
              At times some issues that arise can be hard to keep ones self control in check, but attitude is everything and I would like to visit, not be turned away cause I had an ugly disposition.

I have seen and heard some loud rude mean cussing up a storm individuals hollering at the prison clerks/CO's trying to get into prison to visit, I can't understand why they think they are entitled like that, Visitation is a Privilege not a Right and they can be taken away permanently, but yes I can understand the feeling it is best to smile be nice and polite, try and put yourself in their shoes and think what it would be to be working on the other side of that desk doing their job, day in and day out with people having attitudes with them just because they see them as an authoritative figure.

JPay Service
              Help Link

Comment

• I have to say that everyone at Gurney was very sweet. The one lady that checked us in even remembered talking to me on Saturday. I have been in customer service since I started working and being a CO is no different. So I understand the attitudes that people can have and I am one that refuses to do that. Even when sometimes I really want to. Even if I was turned away from seeing my son. I would bawl like a baby in front of them but I could not lose my temper either.

Comment

• Oh My..
                  I couldn't even image all that the CO's may have encountered working at the desk for visitation and when they have to tell someone no visit and they do break down crying and there is nothing they can do but follow protocol its has got to be heartbreaking for some of them.

Most of the CO's are nice but when you do get that one person that is rude or mean they Really stand out.

I always tell my husband I could write a book on "Customer Service in Person & On the Phone"
                  For Real...

Well with each day that passes is one day closer to getting your hug from your son!
                  Last edited by TexasDust; 05-13-2019, 10:04 PM.

JPay Service
                  Help Link

Comment

• I am counting down the days. I had a book sent to him about putting a parole packet together. So he is spending time on that. Getting his letter written, then going to send it to me to mail. He told me that the man that is over their district has a 46% rating of approving parole and he is ex military. So that should be interesting when he comes up.

Comment

• That's Great! It's never too early to startt on a Parole Packet.
                      I hope your son is in that percentile and makes his parole,

JPay Service
                      Help Link

Comment

• My fiance is at Hughes Unit. Hopefully only for a short while now.
                        Those benches at the visitation room are really uncomfortable.

Comment

• I just found out that my brother is in Delhart, TX.
                          Anybody ever heard of this unit, or know anything about it?
                          I have been trying all day to send an email (we lost touch for quite awhile and I just finally located him today) but the system has not been letting me purchase.
                          I know it will be a few days till I can get any info from him directly, so I thought I'd try here as well.
                          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X