• TexasDust
    started a topic Texas board of pardons and paroles

Texas board of pardons and paroles

TEXAS BOARD OF PARDONS AND PAROLES
    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/brd_...locations.html

MEMBERS OF THE TEXAS BOARD OF PARDONS AND PAROLES
    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/brd_...d_members.html

*Request by Telephone

The following offices are open 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Call the following numbers to find out an offender's status/location: Offender parole review status line (prior to being voted by the BPP to be released) - Board of Pardons and Paroles status line in Huntsville (936) 291-2106. Must have TDCJ or SID# or date of birth.
    Offender parole release status line (after being voted by the BPP to be released) - Parole Division status line in Austin (512) 406‑5202. Must have TDCJ or SID# or date of birth.
    Offender Locator/General Information Line - Huntsville, (936) 295-6371, or (800) 535-0283.

*NOTE: If you do not know the offender's TDCJ or SID number you MUST provide EXACT date of birth of offender for telephone requests.
    Last edited by TexasDust; 05-06-2014, 10:20 AM.

• Myskia
    replied
    ty for getting back to me I do appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• Jennjones528
    replied
    Originally posted by Myskia View Post
    I am tiring to findout who i can write /contact about my man being denied parole now 7 times for the same reason each time. is it againist rules that the inmate be denied for the same reason each time? I need to know who I can contact to get answers. He's at hughes unit, Gatesville. thank you.
    Unfortunately, it is not against the rules to be denied parole for the same reason. Parole is considered a privilege. The board has the right to approve or deny anyone for whatever reason they declare. I don't think there is anything you can do about it, but try the Pardons & Parole Ombudsman 512-406-5864. There is also a parole office in Gatesville 254-865-8816. Good Luck to you guys.

Leave a comment:

• Myskia
    replied
    I am tiring to findout who i can write /contact about my man being denied parole now 7 times for the same reason each time. is it againist rules that the inmate be denied for the same reason each time? I need to know who I can contact to get answers. He's at hughes unit, Gatesville. thank you.

Leave a comment:

• TexasDust
    replied
    I know they verify address for parole, not sure if they do it before classes have started but the parole officer that contacted you may have a release date (?)

Originally posted by mrsg101 View Post

You are very knowledgeable about the parole process and I appreciate all your insight! My husband was awarded an FI-6 parole approval in July but has not yet gone to his program. On 12/12 a local parole officer called to verify the parole address and stated he was unsure of my husband even going to a pre-release program. The PO stated he received my husband's information to process for release. Do you know if its common for a local parole office to verify a person's address prior to them starting a pre-release program?

Leave a comment:

• mrsg101
    replied
    Has anyone had their address verified before your LO went to their pre release program? My husband's parole was approved in July but a local parole officer contacted me on 12/12 to approve my home. He hasn't been transferred to the program tho.....

Leave a comment:

• mrsg101
    replied
    Originally posted by TexasDust View Post

Here is a link to a page on the TDCJ Website with links to info that can help with other questions as well
    (try checking out the inmate handbook) it explains what they go through and the process of everything
    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/info_families.html

projected release dates vs parole eligibility

Projected Release Date:
    is a date that is giving to mark when one may be released from prison when all his time is done this date can change due to good time given which takes time away form the date or when an inmate gets in trouble they can add time or not give him good time. Some individuals get good time credit for school and for working so that is why as Time goes by that date changes.

Parole Eligibility:
    is being able to possibly be granted the privilege of getting released early from prison, which allows you to complete your time while your out of prison, whether the time is done on the streets in a half way house or a program.

what is the chances of a loved one making it first time for parole?
    It is hard to say because it is totally up to Parole and their Guidelines.
    (If everything is in order, then it is up to Parole to say they are willing to take a chance on that person
    to give him or her an opportunity to prove they can be an asset to society,
    just keep in mind no one is guaranteed parole)
    You are very knowledgeable about the parole process and I appreciate all your insight! My husband was awarded an FI-6 parole approval in July but has not yet gone to his program. On 12/12 a local parole officer called to verify the parole address and stated he was unsure of my husband even going to a pre-release program. The PO stated he received my husband's information to process for release. Do you know if its common for a local parole office to verify a person's address prior to them starting a pre-release program?

Leave a comment:

• Sharlagene
    replied
    Thank you so much Texas Dust!!!!

Leave a comment:

• TexasDust
    replied
    Originally posted by Sharlagene View Post
    hello, I am trying to have a better understanding of projected release dates vs parole eligibility?? and what is the chances of a loved one making it first time for parole? I plan on getting with the family to do a parole packet and do as much possible to help. he was sentenced 6 years and his projected release date is June 2019 and he is eligible for parole in April.
    thanks!
    Here is a link to a page on the TDCJ Website with links to info that can help with other questions as well
    (try checking out the inmate handbook) it explains what they go through and the process of everything
    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/info_families.html

projected release dates vs parole eligibility

Projected Release Date:
    is a date that is giving to mark when one may be released from prison when all his time is done this date can change due to good time given which takes time away form the date or when an inmate gets in trouble they can add time or not give him good time. Some individuals get good time credit for school and for working so that is why as Time goes by that date changes.

Parole Eligibility:
    is being able to possibly be granted the privilege of getting released early from prison, which allows you to complete your time while your out of prison, whether the time is done on the streets in a half way house or a program.

what is the chances of a loved one making it first time for parole?
    It is hard to say because it is totally up to Parole and their Guidelines.
    (If everything is in order, then it is up to Parole to say they are willing to take a chance on that person
    to give him or her an opportunity to prove they can be an asset to society,
    just keep in mind no one is guaranteed parole)

Leave a comment:

• Sharlagene
    replied
    hello, I am trying to have a better understanding of projected release dates vs parole eligibility?? and what is the chances of a loved one making it first time for parole? I plan on getting with the family to do a parole packet and do as much possible to help. he was sentenced 6 years and his projected release date is June 2019 and he is eligible for parole in April.
    thanks!

Leave a comment:

• MrsDurst
    replied
    My husband PED was in August he signed for his time September 20, his case went into review , October 16 and he caught chain October 20th. When will I have some answers. He is doing two years tdc time on a possession charge from 2010. Will he make first parole,??

Leave a comment:

• Sharlagene
    replied
    Does anyone have any info on a 6 year sentence?

Leave a comment:

• Glitter1986
    replied
    Originally posted by mlopez167 View Post
    Hi sorry took so long to write back.. Well now its says fi2 02/2017?
    So he got approved 9-22 for fi3 now it says on 10/10/2016 it was approved for fi . When I called status line they said they must of done a revote since my lo was in sec and couldn't do the class. So I'm guessing he will be home in Feb? Does anyone know?
    So February now right? So sorry it took me so long to respond lol, I'm not very active on this forum. Why was he in sec if you don't mind me asking, did he get into trouble? The screen shot says February so you should probably plan on that, for more confirmation though talk to him and call the status line and ask more questions. The inmate usually gets a lot more information than we can get out here just at a slower rate. Hope this helps and good luck to you and your honey!

Leave a comment:

• mlopez167
    replied
    Originally posted by nikluvchris View Post
    I would like to know this as well because my hubby was granted an fi2 for Oct.2015 and the parole officer came to the house and approved it last week. I was told that they wouldn't come til mid-Sept. I was just wondering if they showed up early, that means he's coming home early.
    Hi I'm wondering what happened ? Did your loved one get out earlier or did y'all have to wait? My loved one got fi2 02/2017 and parole already camecame 10/13/2016 by the house and they approved the home.. She said someone will come install the monitor box right before he comes home.. Do I need to get the phone line now or will it be around Feb next year??

Leave a comment:

• mlopez167
    replied
    Hi your lo got a fi2 with 09/2014? Was that the date in the perinthesis ? My lo got approved on 10/10 and it says fi2 (02/2017)? Does that mean he gets out in Feb? My lo says that he should get out 2 months after approval but the stae is in Feb? When did your lo get out?

QUOTE=reagan;n602642]Hi I just wanted to give people an idea of how my husband's experience with parole happened. He was sentence June 6, 2013 to 10 years TDC (at the time he went he had been clean 1 year and the group service rep of our local Narcotics Anonymous) he stayed in county for a month and was transferred to Gurney for two months and then to Choice-Moore where he is today. I sent in about 7 letters in his parole packet really not expecting him to be approved because of the length of sentence. He saw his ipoon April 24, 2014 and I called May 2 and was told he made parole Fi-2 with his release date of September 1, 2014. I was so happy but really surprised. I thought his sentence was harsh but now I am a little more ok with it knowing he will be home in a few months. In his interview, he took responsibility for all his mistakes and told the board that he deserved whatever punishment they deemed fit. He had a job waiting and he completed a few Bible Studies programs and 3/4 of a cognitive change program which he didn't complete because his sargeant (sp?) needed him. I wrote all this because I know many people like to know exact times and facts so that they can know what to expect. I love reading the stories here and praying for each and every poster. I hope for a good result for each of your loved ones.[/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X