Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, I'm going to check it out...also I will be seeing him in three weeks if god permits and I want to discuss this with him, thanx again..
    Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

When would be a good time to send the parole packet?..
      Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

PAROLE / MANDATORY SUPERVISION INFORMATION
        Parole Review Process

A Parole Division case pull list identifies offenders 6 months prior to initial parole eligibility date and subsequent parole review cases are identified 4 months prior to next review date.
        Notice is sent to trial officials/victims/ victims family.
        IPO interviews offender - prepares parole case summary.
        Offender's file is sent to affected board office.
        o A panel consists of 3 parole panel members.
        o 1st voting member reviews/votes case.
        o Case transferred to 2nd voting member - reviews/votes case.
        o 2 similar votes = final vote on case.
        o If the first two votes differ from each other, the 3rd voting member of the panel reviews the case and breaks the tie.
        o There must be a majority of two votes for a vote to become final.
        Offender is notified of the parole panel decision via correspondence .
        Interviewing the offender is at the discretion of the parole panel member.
        Granting interviews to individuals in support/ protest of an offender's release is also at the parole panel member's discretion.
        Parole panel members must grant an interview to victims upon request.

Here is a Link that may help you with any other questions pertaining to Parole:
        http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/what...ole/review.htm

PAROLE / MANDATORY SUPERVISION INFORMATION
        Voting Options

Parole panel members do not just vote “yes” or “no.” They have a wide range of voting options:

FI-1: Release when eligible.

FI-2: Release on a specified date.

FI-3R: CHANGES/Lifeskills, Voyager, Segovia pre-Release Center (Segovia PRC), or any other approved tier program

FI-4: Transfer to a Pre-Parole Transfer (PPT) facility and release on a specified date

FI-4R: Sex Offender Education Program (SOEP)

FI-5: Requires the offender to complete an In-Prison Therapeutic Community (IPTC) programs prior to release on parole

FI-6: Transfer to a DWI Program, then release to an alcohol abuse continuum of care treatment program

FI-6R: Pre-Release Therapeutic Community (PRTC), Pre-Release Substance Abuse Program (PRSAP), or In-Prison Therapeutic Community Program (IPTC)

FI-7R Serious and Violent Offender Reentry Initiative (SVORI)

FI-9R Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP-9)

FI-18R: Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP-18) OR InnerChange Freedom Initiative (IFI

NR: Do not release, but set the next parole review month/year

SA: Require the offender to serve all his sentence
        Last edited by TexasDust; 07-31-2012, 04:17 PM.

JPay Service
        Help Link
        JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

how do you get in touch w the commissioner i have been tryin to figure out how to do that

Originally posted by appy85 View Post
          The Commissioner I spoke with commended me on our packet and said that it made a huge difference for him, he talked to me at length and even called me the next morning to tell me what to expect because Van had an institutional case that was going to have to be looked at when assessing how long it would actually be before he walked out the gates. I have made our packets every year but this was the 1st year Van actually gave it to the IPO in his interview instead of assuming she had it, he also asked her to please turn it in with her paper work.

Comment

where can I find out if he if he is under review or if he was granted parole, do you know? I really need to know what is happening whith him. please and thank you.

Comment

new n have questions???

my husband got sentenced 10 yr for DWIs n possesion of firearm by felon....he got the gun charge n the 3rd DWI charge, n while he was on bond he was aressted agian n got his 4th DWI.. hes been in prison for 3 mths wht is the possibility of him makin his first parole with very gud behavior n he takin GED classes n workin n there and in rehab classes??

Comment

Originally posted by hernandezBBY** View Post
                my husband got sentenced 10 yr for DWIs n possesion of firearm by felon....he got the gun charge n the 3rd DWI charge, n while he was on bond he was aressted agian n got his 4th DWI.. hes been in prison for 3 mths wht is the possibility of him makin his first parole with very gud behavior n he takin GED classes n workin n there and in rehab classes??
                Im not an expert or anything but chances are he wont make his first parole, they hardly ever do. He has to do atleast 50% of his time then after that you have to rely on the board he falls under. You can go to the TDCJ website and look at the statistics to get an idea when he is at the halfway mark, but even then its case by case. You can send in a parole packet, schedule a phone interview w one of the board members, hire a parole attorney but at the end of the day its in the hands of the parole board. Good luck and God bless.

Comment

yea thts wht i was thnkin bt he trynna really convince me tht itl b next year n he juss went in ths past august.. b thanx for tha advice, im juss really curious bout all ths prison stuff kuz we neva delt wit sumthn like ths before>>> god bless yu n yur family!!

Comment

Parole Board Decision

My husband was interviewed Dec 28th, does anyone know how long it will take the Parole board to make a decision?

Comment

Originally posted by Hayes22 View Post
                      My husband was interviewed Dec 28th, does anyone know how long it will take the Parole board to make a decision?
                      I dont think theres a specific time frame they have to make a descion but normally it takes 4-8 weeks. I would just keep calling the parole board he's under. Mine took 7 weeks & a day to get an answer, good luck!

Comment

i have a question about perole ..... my husband got 12 years and he came up for perole march 1,2012 but he didnt go infront of the perole board what does that mean?

Comment

what if perold didnt come see yoou

i have a question about perole ..... my husband got 12 years and he came up for perole march 1,2012 but he didnt go infront of the perole board what does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by talisha View Post
                            They see the IPO, then when it is time the inmates File goes in front of the board.

JPay Service
                            Help Link
                            JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

i have some questions about mandatory supervision. My husband recently caught a major case and was moved to a line 3. he was given a parole lay in and saw the IPO. he asked why he was being seen because of his line class and the IPO said his line class didn't matter. He was given 6 years, he has served 5 his review date is sept 1 2012, im just wondering what his chances of making it home early would be. his max is 6-10-13.

Comment

I don't understand that either as I have been told the line class has to be above what he entered TDCJ as. Maybe it is due to the length of time he has served. I read that in a lot of cases they are now letting offenders out prior to their max date so they can have them under supervision when they are first released. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X