Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any info on a 6 year sentence?

Comment

• My husband PED was in August he signed for his time September 20, his case went into review , October 16 and he caught chain October 20th. When will I have some answers. He is doing two years tdc time on a possession charge from 2010. Will he make first parole,??

Comment

• hello, I am trying to have a better understanding of projected release dates vs parole eligibility?? and what is the chances of a loved one making it first time for parole? I plan on getting with the family to do a parole packet and do as much possible to help. he was sentenced 6 years and his projected release date is June 2019 and he is eligible for parole in April.
        thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharlagene View Post
          hello, I am trying to have a better understanding of projected release dates vs parole eligibility?? and what is the chances of a loved one making it first time for parole? I plan on getting with the family to do a parole packet and do as much possible to help. he was sentenced 6 years and his projected release date is June 2019 and he is eligible for parole in April.
          thanks!
          Here is a link to a page on the TDCJ Website with links to info that can help with other questions as well
          (try checking out the inmate handbook) it explains what they go through and the process of everything
          http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/info_families.html

projected release dates vs parole eligibility

Projected Release Date:
          is a date that is giving to mark when one may be released from prison when all his time is done this date can change due to good time given which takes time away form the date or when an inmate gets in trouble they can add time or not give him good time. Some individuals get good time credit for school and for working so that is why as Time goes by that date changes.

Parole Eligibility:
          is being able to possibly be granted the privilege of getting released early from prison, which allows you to complete your time while your out of prison, whether the time is done on the streets in a half way house or a program.

what is the chances of a loved one making it first time for parole?
          It is hard to say because it is totally up to Parole and their Guidelines.
          (If everything is in order, then it is up to Parole to say they are willing to take a chance on that person
          to give him or her an opportunity to prove they can be an asset to society,
          just keep in mind no one is guaranteed parole)

JPay Service
          Help Link
          JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

• Thank you so much Texas Dust!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasDust View Post

Here is a link to a page on the TDCJ Website with links to info that can help with other questions as well
              (try checking out the inmate handbook) it explains what they go through and the process of everything
              http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/info_families.html

projected release dates vs parole eligibility

Projected Release Date:
              is a date that is giving to mark when one may be released from prison when all his time is done this date can change due to good time given which takes time away form the date or when an inmate gets in trouble they can add time or not give him good time. Some individuals get good time credit for school and for working so that is why as Time goes by that date changes.

Parole Eligibility:
              is being able to possibly be granted the privilege of getting released early from prison, which allows you to complete your time while your out of prison, whether the time is done on the streets in a half way house or a program.

what is the chances of a loved one making it first time for parole?
              It is hard to say because it is totally up to Parole and their Guidelines.
              (If everything is in order, then it is up to Parole to say they are willing to take a chance on that person
              to give him or her an opportunity to prove they can be an asset to society,
              just keep in mind no one is guaranteed parole)
              You are very knowledgeable about the parole process and I appreciate all your insight! My husband was awarded an FI-6 parole approval in July but has not yet gone to his program. On 12/12 a local parole officer called to verify the parole address and stated he was unsure of my husband even going to a pre-release program. The PO stated he received my husband's information to process for release. Do you know if its common for a local parole office to verify a person's address prior to them starting a pre-release program?

Comment

• Has anyone had their address verified before your LO went to their pre release program? My husband's parole was approved in July but a local parole officer contacted me on 12/12 to approve my home. He hasn't been transferred to the program tho.....

Comment

• I know they verify address for parole, not sure if they do it before classes have started but the parole officer that contacted you may have a release date (?)

Originally posted by mrsg101 View Post

You are very knowledgeable about the parole process and I appreciate all your insight! My husband was awarded an FI-6 parole approval in July but has not yet gone to his program. On 12/12 a local parole officer called to verify the parole address and stated he was unsure of my husband even going to a pre-release program. The PO stated he received my husband's information to process for release. Do you know if its common for a local parole office to verify a person's address prior to them starting a pre-release program?

JPay Service
                  Help Link
                  JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

• I am tiring to findout who i can write /contact about my man being denied parole now 7 times for the same reason each time. is it againist rules that the inmate be denied for the same reason each time? I need to know who I can contact to get answers. He's at hughes unit, Gatesville. thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myskia View Post
                      I am tiring to findout who i can write /contact about my man being denied parole now 7 times for the same reason each time. is it againist rules that the inmate be denied for the same reason each time? I need to know who I can contact to get answers. He's at hughes unit, Gatesville. thank you.
                      Unfortunately, it is not against the rules to be denied parole for the same reason. Parole is considered a privilege. The board has the right to approve or deny anyone for whatever reason they declare. I don't think there is anything you can do about it, but try the Pardons & Parole Ombudsman 512-406-5864. There is also a parole office in Gatesville 254-865-8816. Good Luck to you guys.

Comment

• ty for getting back to me I do appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                        X