• Show
Clear All

• Texas board of pardons and paroles

TEXAS BOARD OF PARDONS AND PAROLES
    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/brd_...locations.html

MEMBERS OF THE TEXAS BOARD OF PARDONS AND PAROLES
    http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/brd_...d_members.html

*Request by Telephone

The following offices are open 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Call the following numbers to find out an offender's status/location: Offender parole review status line (prior to being voted by the BPP to be released) - Board of Pardons and Paroles status line in Huntsville (936) 291-2106. Must have TDCJ or SID# or date of birth.
    Offender parole release status line (after being voted by the BPP to be released) - Parole Division status line in Austin (512) 406‑5202. Must have TDCJ or SID# or date of birth.
    Offender Locator/General Information Line - Huntsville, (936) 295-6371, or (800) 535-0283.

*NOTE: If you do not know the offender's TDCJ or SID number you MUST provide EXACT date of birth of offender for telephone requests.
    Last edited by TexasDust; 05-06-2014, 10:20 AM.

JPay Service
    Help Link
    JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Can somebody tell me about how long it takes for the to release them after they approved the address? My hubby got granted parole on Aug. 31st and today they called and approved our address but I am trying to find out what is the next step. The man that called me said it shouldn't take no longer then a month but I don't know. I am new to this.

Thank you

Comment

try calling these numbers and talking to the ombudsman. they probably won't give you a release date until it is down to the wire but the ombudsman will be able to give you more information than anyone. good luck!

TDCJ-Parole Division Ombudsman
      Issues from the public relating to parole supervision. May also respond to concerns from offenders on parole or mandatory supervision.
      P.O. Box 13401, Austin, TX 78758
      (512) 406-5795
      Fax-(512) 406-5858

General offender status information may be obtained at
      www.tdcj.state.tx.us
      Agency Toll-Free Telephone Number
      1-800-535-0283

Comment

How long was he there? im just curious. My hubby was sentenced to 12 yrs, i am wanting to know the rates on parole approval.

Comment

email patrick.ivey@tdcj.state.tx.us - his is the Director in Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by DalilaG View Post
            How long was he there? im just curious. My hubby was sentenced to 12 yrs, i am wanting to know the rates on parole approval.
            My hubby is also on a 12. he was denied first parole all cuz somebody out here is against hie getting out. We are still fighting for him to be granted and allowed to come back home to his family. But honestly it takes quit some time to get any kind of answer, well in my experiance it has. But good luck with everything and keep your head up.
            AnnerNinner

Comment

Support Letters for Parole Packets

I would like to hear from the love ones of offenders, who have been up for parole. Did you feel like your support letters made a difference? Did his letter to the board have an impact? Was it more about the nature of the crime? Did a parole attorney change the outcome?
              Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

i wonder the same thing i made a parole packing several months ago for my love one, he is coming up for review anyday and i wonder does it really help or makes a difference when support letters are involved.

Comment

what is a parole packet are they aquired ? from where

Comment

A parole packet is something you put together for your loved one incarcerated. It contains support letters from friends and family, certificates (from courses while incarcerated), family photos, parole plan, etc. There are examples under Parole Packet preparation section. It goes in before they are reviewed by Parole Board.

Comment

The Commissioner I spoke with

Originally posted by raelgirl View Post
                      I would like to hear from the love ones of offenders, who have been up for parole. Did you feel like your support letters made a difference? Did his letter to the board have an impact? Was it more about the nature of the crime? Did a parole attorney change the outcome?
                      Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks
                      The Commissioner I spoke with commended me on our packet and said that it made a huge difference for him, he talked to me at length and even called me the next morning to tell me what to expect because Van had an institutional case that was going to have to be looked at when assessing how long it would actually be before he walked out the gates. I have made our packets every year but this was the 1st year Van actually gave it to the IPO in his interview instead of assuming she had it, he also asked her to please turn it in with her paper work.
                      He is finally home after 21 years! Praise God!!!

Comment

appy 85...thanks, I keep hearing different stories. I want to keep hope alive.

Comment

That would be nice to know. My daughter has been up for review, but today I noticed that her projected release date changed to the maximum. she is in for forgery and nothing violent. PRD was showing 11-22-2011 so we thought she would be out then, but now has been changed to maximum and and can't call parole status line till monday. Guess she got denied parole again Anyone else had PRD change to maximum?

Comment

What does a parole packet consist of or would it be just wise to hire a parole lawyer, my husband is up for parole in July of thus coming year and I want to make sure he gets approved, he will have served half of his time already,...can anyone give me any sugestions..
                            Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Originally posted by cimarti2169 View Post
                              What does a parole packet consist of or would it be just wise to hire a parole lawyer, my husband is up for parole in July of thus coming year and I want to make sure he gets approved, he will have served half of his time already,...can anyone give me any sugestions..
                              Posted via Mobile Device
                              Parole board letters and parole packet samples
                              http://forum.jpay.com/texas-doc/1617...packet-samples

Here is one that is complete to give you and idea
                              http://forum.jpay.com/prison-legal-h...parole-package

Hope This Helps!

JPay Service
                              Help Link
                              JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Working...
                              X