This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keepthefaith8 View Post
    The only inmates that can actually reply to emails that we send are those in Federal. Its a awesome way to communicate. JPAY is just one sided it seems... We write a email, the mail room prints it and gives it to them like a regular letter. I wish they could reply to emails like federal inmates do.
    I think in our case with the TDCJ it's not on the JPay side of things. It's the TDCJ itself being stuck in the 1980's. I don't think they realize that it could streamline the process of communications between families, SO's, etc. and the people on the inside which would cause less congestion in the mail rooms at these facilities. That's just my humble opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by z3r0c00l View Post
      I think in our case with the TDCJ it's not on the JPay side of things. It's the TDCJ itself being stuck in the 1980's. I don't think they realize that it could streamline the process of communications between families, SO's, etc. and the people on the inside which would cause less congestion in the mail rooms at these facilities. That's just my humble opinion though.
      Texas is behind in the times it was only a few years ago that they allowed phones in the facilities

JPay Service
      Help Link
      JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDust View Post
        Texas is behind in the times it was only a few years ago that they allowed phones in the facilities
        Really?!?! I had no idea that the phones just came into play somewhat recently. That's ridiculous! I guess I just find it odd because I worked in five different facilities in two states and it was never an issue. Crazy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by z3r0c00l View Post
          Really?!?! I had no idea that the phones just came into play somewhat recently. That's ridiculous! I guess I just find it odd because I worked in five different facilities in two states and it was never an issue. Crazy stuff.
          I want to say 2003 and just recently they allowed cell phones to be registered to receive calls, so that was a big step as well for TDCJ.

JPay Service
          Help Link

Comment

PHONE? Seriously? I can't get emails delivered to the inmate. I put money in his canteen fund and found out he does not have access to the canteen. I'm dealing with an indigent family and CPS took this boy when he was nine. Kept him locked in abusive group homes, and finally got him locked up for good at age 11. He is 19 and was in ICU in Galveston. A guard found him unconscious from an overdose and while unconscious, the guard beat the hell out of him, according to UTMB. His body is all bruised up, a black eye, busted his skull, brain damage is likely (though he already had brain damage from lead poisoning as a child), and he remained unconscious until Tuesday. WTH do we do? This is scary and he is a little dude; lead poisoning stunted his growth.

Comment

Within the last two weeks the fee for sending money on my account rise almost two dollars. I called jpay support and they said it was the facilities in all 50 states that had raised fees. Anyone know or had their fees raised or is someone at japy pulling my leg?

Comment

Originally posted by williefayj View Post
                Within the last two weeks the fee for sending money on my account rise almost two dollars. I called jpay support and they said it was the facilities in all 50 states that had raised fees. Anyone know or had their fees raised or is someone at japy pulling my leg?
                There was another Member the other day that posted she noticed her fee went up as well

Here is a link that has information about sending money through Money Gram at $4.95 "I believe" for any amount up to I think $3,000 or $5,000 if you go through Money Gram and do not do the transaction on line with JPay. (JPay and Money Gram partnered together, to offer you cheaper rates)

http://forum.jpay.com/news-and-annou...-to-send-money
                Last edited by TexasDust; 03-20-2015, 07:42 PM.

JPay Service
                Help Link

Comment

Originally posted by Hope4KidZ View Post
                  PHONE? Seriously? I can't get emails delivered to the inmate. I put money in his canteen fund and found out he does not have access to the canteen. I'm dealing with an indigent family and CPS took this boy when he was nine. Kept him locked in abusive group homes, and finally got him locked up for good at age 11. He is 19 and was in ICU in Galveston. A guard found him unconscious from an overdose and while unconscious, the guard beat the hell out of him, according to UTMB. His body is all bruised up, a black eye, busted his skull, brain damage is likely (though he already had brain damage from lead poisoning as a child), and he remained unconscious until Tuesday. WTH do we do? This is scary and he is a little dude; lead poisoning stunted his growth.
                  After writing this and contacting the Ombudsman, my boy received all my emails at the same time. I'm just glad he now knows that I did not forget about him for the past two years. I realized that he entered the system too young to know what an email was for, so I asked someone to explain to him. Staff at the TDC offices have been extremely helpful thus far.

Comment

Working...
                  X