• Free Sign-Up
    • Costs only 49 a stamp
    • eMessages are printed in the mailroom daily
      (excluding weekends and holidays)
    • Offenders receive your letter normally within two business days,
      sometimes sooner!

Buy Phone Time for Offenders

Two funding options
    • Debit. This option lets you credit an offender's debit account, allowing them to make calls to anyone on their Approved Caller list.
    • Prepaid. This option allows you to fund your prepaid phone account for your approved phone number so offenders can call you.

Send Money

Send Money to your
    Offender quickly
    • Free Sign-Up
    • Funds arrive within 1 to 2 business days
    • Use a credit/debit card or cash via Ace Cash Express or MoneyGram
    • Best way to make a trust fund deposit

Last edited by TexasDust; 03-24-2016, 01:01 AM.

JPay Service
    Help Link
    JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

I have several inmates on my list with jpay that their unit now accepts the emessaging but only one of the inmates shows up in my pick list that I can send to. Do you know why this is happening and if I'm doing something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jennann76 View Post
      I have several inmates on my list with jpay that their unit now accepts the emessaging but only one of the inmates shows up in my pick list that I can send to. Do you know why this is happening and if I'm doing something wrong.
      No sometimes if they are new it takes 48 hours to be put in the system.

Some inmates quailfy for certian things when others don't because of their charges or actions their in the prison system.

I would say the question is better answered on the Facility Side....
      To Call Them and Ask "What is Up!?"

CONTACT US
      Contact Us by Email:
      JPay's Customer Service team can answer all account questions. Email us at Support@jpay.com and we will reply promptly.
      Contact Us by Phone:
      For live agent help, please call (800) 574-5729.
      We can only discuss account information with the account holder. We will verify account information before answering any account specific questions.

Write to Us:
      JPay, Inc.
      P.O. Box 530955
      Miami, FL 33153-0955
      Last edited by TexasDust; 09-06-2009, 07:25 PM.

JPay Service
      Help Link

Comment

I have a question.. my fiancee is in the Garza West Unit in Beeville, Texas. He just got transferred there from county on September 2, 2009. I think I'm going to go crazy because I was so used to talking to him 4-5 times a day and going to visit him every Saturday or Sunday.. does anyone know how long it will be before he can start making calls? Also, I have called in several times regarding the visit and the people there always change the information they give me. Do I have to wait 30-60 days for both regular and contact visits? I thought regular visits could be done right away like a week after they got there and contact visits would take the whole processing time.. can anybody answer me this?? I feel lost.. and I don't know what to do...

Comment

Originally posted by lucylu1005 View Post
          I have a question.. my fiancee is in the Garza West Unit in Beeville, Texas. He just got transferred there from county on September 2, 2009. I think I'm going to go crazy because I was so used to talking to him 4-5 times a day and going to visit him every Saturday or Sunday.. does anyone know how long it will be before he can start making calls? Also, I have called in several times regarding the visit and the people there always change the information they give me. Do I have to wait 30-60 days for both regular and contact visits? I thought regular visits could be done right away like a week after they got there and contact visits would take the whole processing time.. can anybody answer me this?? I feel lost.. and I don't know what to do...
          Well he needs to make a list of phone numbers and visitors that need to be approved takes a few weeks, meantime you need to register your phone to recive phone calls from The Texas Facilities there is a Post on here in this forum about registering your phone but it is going to be a waiting process right now for you until that list gets approved on his side, you will mailed a visitors form to fill out and you need to send it back and wait some more while it is approved for you to be able to go and visit him.

JPay Service
          Help Link

Comment

Just to let you know that it takes 30 to 60 days for processing. My husband got there end of March from county and we did not get to visit til May and first few visits were regular first then they went to contact visits. Also like the first responder there is the new Friends and Family Phone system. You must have a home (land line) in your name and name must match the offenders visitors list and then he can call. Its not the same as the GlobalTel system that had to be used from county but it works! If you have any questions...all the details are on the TDCJ website, browse the links. I can help you too. Good luck hun, dont lose it yet! Be patient. It takes time but you will be in contact again. Write him everyday til then.
            Last edited by dlarrend; 09-15-2009, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I am trying to purchase prepaid phone time for an inmate through Jpay, however I can not find an option to do so on the website, he is in Texas @ Clements Unit, I now use Jpay to send money to his trust account and to send e-mail. Can you tell me how to purchase phone time for him? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Shygirl View Post
                I am trying to purchase prepaid phone time for an inmate through Jpay, however I can not find an option to do so on the website, he is in Texas @ Clements Unit, I now use Jpay to send money to his trust account and to send e-mail. Can you tell me how to purchase phone time for him? Thanks!
                http://jpay.com/agencies/texas_DOC.html
                Click on this link then scroll down where it says buy phone time!

This is the same link that is in the FIRST POST....

GOOD LUCK!

JPay Service
                Help Link

Comment

Thanks for your help, I followed the link, it took me to "buy phone time" when I clicked on it, it took me to the regular jpay home page with still no option to "buy phone time" Maybe I'm confused, do I just put money in his trust account or do I have to specifically buy phone time? Thanks again.........

Comment

OK, disreguard my last post, I have been in contact with jpay, they will in the next few weeks be offering pre-paid phone service, it's just not available now, guess that's why I couodn't find it on the site.......... just wanted to say thanks for your help!

Comment

I tried to buy pre-paid phone time through jpay, and it ended going into his trust account just like a regular payment. I then called to ask about it, and was referred to a number with TDCJ, and they said that I was approved for phone time through them, and would be billed for the amount of calls made to my phone. Boy, I have been switched around so many times, I'm not sure what is going on.

Comment

They can use money for phone calls from their trust money, but if you don't want them to have to do that, you should try to set up a phone account.

Comment

I have a friend who is at The Pack Unit and when I sign into my jpay account and click to buy the prepaid phone time, it asks me to put in my phone number and pin. What pin? I dont understand what PIN number they are talking about. I know my number has been approved for him to call because he has tried to call me several times and i couldnt accept the call because i didnt have money yet to pay for it. I do now and want to get that set up but im hung up on what pin number they are talking about.
                          ~Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about~

Comment

Originally posted by iknowdatzrite View Post
                            I have a friend who is at The Pack Unit and when I sign into my jpay account and click to buy the prepaid phone time, it asks me to put in my phone number and pin. What pin? I dont understand what PIN number they are talking about. I know my number has been approved for him to call because he has tried to call me several times and i couldnt accept the call because i didnt have money yet to pay for it. I do now and want to get that set up but im hung up on what pin number they are talking about.
                            I just found the solution to my issue by going to https://www.correctionalbillingservi...Payonline.aspx
                            ~Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about~

Comment

does anyone have any idea about how much the calls cost...are they per call or per min...any info would be great

Comment

Working...
                              X