This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commissary List

So I was browsing around on the PA DOC website and I found that they posted the commissary listing for the state inmates. I dont know if this is recent or has been up there for quite sometime, but it was very cool checking it out. My boyfriend is now on AC status and I was so surprised to see how limited his commissary options are compared to general population and even thoughs that are long term AC. So Im really hoping when he meets with PRC on the 21st that they will let him go back to population. Also if you noticed that with the limited options there are more candy junk food options than anything else=/. I swear these people are idiots. Enough ranting lol. I wanted to share this with other members that belong to the states DOC. It shows prices and everything they are able to order. Sadly we cant order any of it for them, but at least we know what they are able to get and make it easier on us for when we have to send them money and it goes to. Oh they all come up in PDF files, in case no one is able to get that on their computers.

http://www.cor.state.pa.us/portal/se...stings/1702948
    He's my happily ever after and I'm his sanity

How interesting to see what is available and how much they cost. Shampoo and conditioner over 5 bucks! My guy earns 20 cents an hour? I imagine it must be around the same in every state... Louisiana doesn't post anything like this. Thanks for posting this information ChasingStars.

Comment

They update the commissary list 4 times January April July and October. I spoke to the commissary department in PA DOC for clarification on the various list like classification, general population with detergent w/o detergent ect. and they told me when they update them.
      Puffslady!

Comment

How do you know which list to classify your loved one in? My fiance is in Frackville I'm assuming general population. It's Wednesday adn I haven't talked to him since Friday and just wondering if I need to send him more money because I know he needs a lot of things plus phone cards. I've sent him $300 in 3 weeks I would think that would be enough?

Comment

Does anyone know how long it takes for an inmate to be able to order from the commissary? My LO has been there for 2 weeks and I am wondering when he would be eligible for ordering, or that I would be able to forward him a package?

Comment

Is he at his home prison
            Expect the worse hope for the BEST Patiently waiting for our time<3

Comment

He is not. They have not determined what his home jail will be yet. He just got off the Quarantine block...I believe.

Comment

My husband is still in Camp Hill and has been able to order commissary. He is classified and has been up there about a month. He did state that it takes two weeks to get the first order. Also, they are only able to spend either 35 or 40 dollars at commissary. They can purchse phone time which does not count toward the weekly allotment. Keep in mind that the DOC takes 10% of what you send them before they are classified and 30% after they are classified.

Comment

Maybe it's different for each offense because my bf is classified and they only take 10%
                  Expect the worse hope for the BEST Patiently waiting for our time<3

Comment

I need help and information I am very new to this stuff and I dont know really what to do. My husband was just moved to graterford from cfcf last week i haven't heard from him and i sent out like two letters and still got nothing. I am very worried about him and want to know how long do it take before i hear some thing from him?????

Comment

Working...
                    X