parole/home plans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parole/home plans

My husband was granted parole now we are just waiting for them to approve our home plan, does anyone have any advice or know exactly what they are looking for? I am so nervous about it we are just so close. Also I have been hearing that they have been denying home plans if you have dogs anyone know anything about that?

No way!!! it was so easy.. they never even came to my home.. or asked me crap about the home. All i can say is have it looking decent.. clean. No alcohol or drugs.. no weapons.. nothing of that sort...If you do live in apts they might contact the office to let them know they are releasing a felon to that address.. but they didnt do that for me.. ( live in apt) .. if he is some type of sex offender they might make sure he isnt within so many feet of a school or daycare .. something like that.. If he is going to be on parole and wearing a monitor they will require you to have a home phone just for that purpose but they will let you know in advance to do so.. I dont think you should have any problems about a dog .. if so thats nuts!! but either way good luck to ya!
    Together we can accomplish anything

And by that I mean GOD...

Comment

Hi were you able to find out about if they are approving homes with a dog, I heard the same thing and my husband is up for parole in a 9 months so I was wondering if they will approve my home with a dog?
      KBwifeyforlife

Comment

If you have a large dog inside the house or even a vicious little dog you may get rejected if the parole officer doesn't feel "safe" entering the home. I think that it is the larger breeds that are of major concern here though.

Comment

I asked K's PO and he said that mainly they will deny if there is an animal that makes the PO feel threatened when entering the home. Mainly, if you have a dog or animal of any sort that can make any type of threat (even if it's a poodle lol)... have a crate so that when the PO does make an expected or unexpected visit, you can place the animal in the crate. Just locking the animal in a room will not do because they can search every room if they want, which would include whatever room you place the animal in. In the home plan or when speaking with them about their home plan, mention you have a dog or whatever animal, but also make sure you mention that they are crate trained and that any time there is company, the animal will be placed in the crate.

Comment

Originally posted by hollandku View Post
            My husband was granted parole now we are just waiting for them to approve our home plan, does anyone have any advice or know exactly what they are looking for? I am so nervous about it we are just so close. Also I have been hearing that they have been denying home plans if you have dogs anyone know anything about that?
            congrats! maybe you can have your dog stay somewhere else when the PO comes over and let him know you do have a dog but that he is at a friends or the vet or something

Pre-parole 7/22/11 Parole 8/12/11 Greensheet 9/29/11 Homeplan Check 11/18/11 Homeplan Approved 12/16/11 Home 1/17/12

Comment

when do you find out if the home plan was approved? they came about a week ago to look at the house.. he said everything looks good but he has to finish one part of the investigation.... whatever that means but he told me that the guys will find out and then i asked my man and he said most people in there said i was supposed to find out please help me he is supposed to be released in early march
              FOREVER AND A DAY...PROMISE!!!!

Comment

You should get a letter in the mail, it took about 2 weeks to get mine. But I was impatient and called the Agent that came to my house and said I just wanted to make sure there weren't any problems and he told me it approved.

Comment

now my man has me stressing cause i have yet to recieve anything or hear anything about it being approved and someone got theirs back after 4 days saying it was approved and i told him that maybe they are getting out earlier than you... what should i do tom (tuesday) will be 2 weeks since he has been here should i give him one more week or call?

Comment

please if anyone knows what i can do next to find out if it was approved let me know i dont want to bother people you know

Comment

ok so its been sent out what is that supposed to mean i guess i will call back tom if i dont get anything in the mail

Comment

unless you are on parole or own a firearm or had a previous case with this man or against this man you shold be ok. keep the faith and im sure you will here something soon. these things take time. and just because one person heard back in two weeks does not mean everyone else will. hang in there lady

Pre-parole 7/22/11 Parole 8/12/11 Greensheet 9/29/11 Homeplan Check 11/18/11 Homeplan Approved 12/16/11 Home 1/17/12

Comment

Your dealing with the DOC you HAVE TO bother or they won't. The guy that came to my house gave me his card with all his contact info...did the person that came to your house give you that? If he did start calling....if not call the parole office he is out of...just start calling so they know there is someone out there that cares whether he is released or not

Comment

i have called twice now the parole office and left messages for the duty officer and the po i dont know i know it takes time but i have added stress from my man cause all they have is time to sit there and worry

Comment

His home plan was approved but his po told me when he was still at my house that it was approved and when his report had to be to the prison by. We did recieve a letter in the mail about two weeks later saying it was approved. Now it is just a waiting game because he was paroled on feb 12th and we still dont know when they are releasing him and I call the prison and my husband writes requests and they will not tell us anything. My husband is at sci pittsburgh and they dont do anything they are supposed to, his po even said good luck with that place there is the do and then there is pittsburgh who thinks they can do whatever they want. Not so encouraging.

Comment

Working...
                              X