Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved visitor question

Hey all,
    I have been talking to an inmate in Ohio for quite some time and now I would like to sent him some money and do video consultations.
    I know you have to be an approved visitor to do so. I found also the form needed to get approved.
    I noticed the inmate has to approve the request also which of course he will do.
    However at this point I don't feel comfortable yet he knows my address (which I need to fill in at the form). For his approval is he going to see my address from the form or will he just be asked to accept the visitor request just by having my name mentioned?
    Thanks for any help
    Michael

Originally posted by mdk View Post
    Hey all,
    I have been talking to an inmate in Ohio for quite some time and now I would like to sent him some money and do video consultations.
    I know you have to be an approved visitor to do so. I found also the form needed to get approved.
    I noticed the inmate has to approve the request also which of course he will do.
    However at this point I don't feel comfortable yet he knows my address (which I need to fill in at the form). For his approval is he going to see my address from the form or will he just be asked to accept the visitor request just by having my name mentioned?
    Thanks for any help
    Michael
    welcome to jpay. unfortunately i am in michigan so i do not know. maybe you should check in the ohio forum.
    "God is moving. God is shifting the atmosphere." Hold on tight to his Unchanging hand.

Comment

I believe he let's the prison know he would like you approved as a visitor, by giving them your name then you fill out the form/s and send it into the visitation department and they decide if they will approve you or not.

You can always call the prison and ask to talk to someone in charge of Visitation and you can ask what their process is.

JPay Service
      Help Link
      JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Following this post. Great question!
        ​XO - Cori

Comment

In the Ohio prison system, the visitor application form is mailed to the institution, to the attention of the offender's case manager. This is stated clearly in the instructions for the form. So in order to mail the form to the right person, the offender has to give you his or her case manager's name.

I would recommend sending in the form with a letter, addressed to the case manager, explaining that you do not want the offender to have your address.

BMK

Comment

Working...
          X