Stupid ND Snow!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid ND Snow!!

I'm pretty sure we finally got approved for visits this weekend, but there is a huge snow storm coming!!! Just my luck! We live only 2 hours away, but I'm not sure I want to take the chance with 3 kiddos in the car! Grrrr! Maybe the forecast will be wrong, it's gonna be a looooong winter!

Never Again...

Welcome to Jpay! I'm from ND, too. Moving to Louisiana though in 2 months. I hear the storm is bad! Luckily I catch a plane tomorrow to visit my husband in Lousiana.

Comment

That's awesome! I'm sure you won't miss the snow when you move! Best of luck on the move and congrats on your marriage!!

Never Again...

Comment

Welcome to J-Pay

Comment

Well I was right! Winter Storm Brutus ruined our first visit day!!! (when did they start naming winter storms anyways??) Looking forward to next weekend I guess! The kids are disappointed, but at least we get to stay inside all weekend and cuddle Just wish my hubby could be here with us.

Never Again...

Comment

Hopefully it won't be snowing next week-end when you go visit.

Comment

How much snow did ya'll get? I know when Waiting4Chris was boarding her plane to Louisiana she was saying ya'll were supposed to get 6-18 inches....smh Could not imagine it!!! lol

Comment

I think she got out before it started, thankfully! I think we have already got at least 6" overnight and more expected throughout the day. Hope it clears up a bit before next weekend! I'm sure the snow plows are out and starting to make the roads better. The worst part is that it rained first, so the roads are covered with ice and then the snow on top. Makes it very slippery. Like I said, Its gonna be a loooong winter!!

Never Again...

Comment

yeah she left prior.....hopefully they'll get the roads taken care of!! So Lynn can get home safe and then your family gets to visit your loved one next weekend!!!!

Comment

Yeah thanks! Looking forward to it!!

Never Again...

Comment

I hope that you're able to go but I'm sure he'd want you to be safe :-) Have a GREAT visit
                      Anything worth having is worth waiting and working for....HE IS WORTH IT

Comment

Yeah, he totally understood. I just feel bad for the kids. They really wanted to see him. Next week will be awesome tho!!

Never Again...

Comment

Well, the snow did not stop us this past weekend. As a matter if fact, it was beautiful weather for nov in ND! My husband got moved from the prison to a minimum security facility called the "farm". It is really nice there and there are no fences or bars. Just wide open, like a camp. Kind of thankful that it snowed and our first visit turned out to be there. I was really nervous taking the kids to the penitentiary since I had never been there before. And we also got to visit on Thanksgiving as well!! He gets 20 hours of visits a month and we will be using all of them!!

Never Again...

Comment

thats great news. happy for you and the 20 hours a month is wonderful. is the "farm" close to you? I am sure the kids are thrilled.

Comment

It's about 2 hours, same town as the prison. The kids were so excited!! They have lots of snacks available there and some games. It actually gives us some good family times. Who knew there were so many other things to do when there is no tv or Internet. Board games and card games are fun!! And the guards are really good there about letting us hug and kiss and hold hands. So far, great visits!!

Never Again...

Comment

Working...
                              X