Worried about no letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about no letter

My female inmate correspondant is in NCCIW at Raleigh. I wrote to her just before Christmas twice, she had sent me a christmas card (Other post). But since then, nothing. She'd sent me deatils of how to contact her mother, with a view to transfer money (I can't do it from here, no cc) to her. The number I found in white pages just rings and rings without being answered. So either her mother dosen't answer unknown numbers or she isn't living there.

Anyway, I haven't heard from her since early december. Does anyone know of anything that might have prevented her being in touch? We have an agreement that neither of us would simply stop writing to the other without saying why.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much?
    It's in total silence that we can often hear things the loudest. And other pretentious nonesense!

There could be a number of things that could be out of her control. Like maybe she ran out of writing supplies, paper, envelopes, stamps. And she hasn't been able to go to the store. Happened to my hubby a couple of weeks ago he ran out of stamps. I usually get 1-2 letters a week and I went 1 1/2 weeks without one. And when he finally went to the store I had two big fat letters at once. So maybe it's just that. Or maybe something is going on at her unit and she can't write right now. Try not to worry to much. It will be ok.

Originally posted by English Guy View Post
    My female inmate correspondant is in NCCIW at Raleigh. I wrote to her just before Christmas twice, she had sent me a christmas card (Other post). But since then, nothing. She'd sent me deatils of how to contact her mother, with a view to transfer money (I can't do it from here, no cc) to her. The number I found in white pages just rings and rings without being answered. So either her mother dosen't answer unknown numbers or she isn't living there.

Anyway, I haven't heard from her since early december. Does anyone know of anything that might have prevented her being in touch? We have an agreement that neither of us would simply stop writing to the other without saying why.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much?

Forever and Always <3

Comment

There are lots like she said that can stop her from writing. Supplies are one of the biggies. They also do lockups, but they usually don't work that long. Maybe she's a little bummed from the holidays to. Sometimes they don't get the mail out from the mailroom very fast either. i live about 300 miles from my husband and it sometimes takes over a week to get his mail. Hang in there and eventually, you'll have an answer.In the meantime, we're here so you can talk and vent. TC&GB

Comment

Well, it's the beggining of March and I still haven't heard anything from her..I've tried calling the number I think is her mother's but it doesn't pick up... Ideas anyone? Is anyone in the Raleigh area who could do any enquiries on my behalf? Would the prison tell me if she's okay if I called? I'm a bit worried.
        It's in total silence that we can often hear things the loudest. And other pretentious nonesense!

Comment

Is a long time for mail delay English Guy. Calling the prison is a good idea, they may or not tell you but at least you tried that avenue. I hope you find out what is going on soon.

Comment

I hope you hear from her soon. It's easy to think the worst. I have had to sometimes wait. Once it was because his pen broke and had a hard time getting another. I waited almost a month. There are many reasons. Try to be patient.

Comment

I'd say the number you got for the mother isn't right. If you got it from the white pages online.... no wonder. There really could be countless reasons why she hasn't written... maybe call the prison and ask to speak to her Counsellor. Explain that you have been corresponding regularly with each other and you are worried because you haven't heard anything since December. They may not be able to tell you, but I think it's worth a try. Good luck.
              "The burden is not so heavy....when we all lighten each other's load"

Comment

I hope that you have either gotten a letter or got an answer from the facility. Is she still there do ya know? It's gotta be so hard not getting any info, but keep squeaking to someone and they will help you. Have you called and talked to her councelor or the warden?
                It's been quite awhile now. TC&GB

Comment

Originally posted by Fifi View Post
                  I hope that you have either gotten a letter or got an answer from the facility. Is she still there do ya know? It's gotta be so hard not getting any info, but keep squeaking to someone and they will help you. Have you called and talked to her councelor or the warden?
                  It's been quite awhile now. TC&GB

No Fifi, stil no news. I haven't called yet. I've never called a prison before, what's the usual attitude? Will they tell me to go away as I'm not family?

Southernfoodluva: Yes I got the number from White pages. Using the address that she gave me to sort out a Western Union money transaction.

Is there another means of tracing a number from across the pond other than white pages? I'm stumped.

Comment

You can go to the DOC site for the stae she's in and it'll ask for her # and then maybe you can see if she's been moved.
                    I know that it's hard for you not knowing. If you wanna PM me, I'll get the info and look it up for you. I'll try to call for you, but have to know her # and what state she's in. Let me know if ya want me to do that for you. Her Mom may have had a landline phone and switched over to a cell nd they're not listed. Did ya get her Moms' address? Maybe we could write her. TC&GB

Comment

Originally posted by English Guy View Post
                      No Fifi, stil no news. I haven't called yet. I've never called a prison before, what's the usual attitude? Will they tell me to go away as I'm not family?

Southernfoodluva: Yes I got the number from White pages. Using the address that she gave me to sort out a Western Union money transaction.

Is there another means of tracing a number from across the pond other than white pages? I'm stumped.
                      I was nervous the first time I called also...Here's what I would do...first be pleasant...just ask for inmate records...they will transfer you to there...make sure you have her inmate # when you call...then you could do several things....But what I would do if it was me was say...I am planning on visiting this weekend and I wanted to make sure my inmate can visit i haven't heard from her and I just want to make sure she isn't in any trouble and won't be able to since I am travel from such a long ways away....or you can just skip the visiting thing and say you haven't heard from her and want to make sure she's not in trouble or has any reason for not being able to contact you. The worst they can say is no they can't give you the info. I would say the attitude would be pleasant yet concerned...and of course not matter how much they may or may not help be polite....

Forever and Always <3

Comment

Hiyah English Guy. If it rings and rings, there has to be someone because when it's cut off there's a voice telling you that you have a number that doesn't exist. At least, over here it does. I also don't know how to track a number in the US but if you have mom's full name and whereabouts, I'd say try and find her on FB or Google her name and see if it pops up on a website or so. If it does, just mail and that person and ask if she is who you are looking for. You probably already did all that, but just in case, it's an idea. I hope nothing bad happened and it's just a simple reason. Good luck anyway and I hope you'll find her mom or get a letter from herself soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Fifi View Post
                          You can go to the DOC site for the stae she's in and it'll ask for her # and then maybe you can see if she's been moved.
                          I know that it's hard for you not knowing. If you wanna PM me, I'll get the info and look it up for you. I'll try to call for you, but have to know her # and what state she's in. Let me know if ya want me to do that for you. Her Mom may have had a landline phone and switched over to a cell nd they're not listed. Did ya get her Moms' address? Maybe we could write her. TC&GB
                          PM sent Fifi; Thanks.

Comment

I presume that because you haven't been able to get on to the Mother, you haven't been able to send her any money? Maybe the answer is as simple as that - she simply doesn't have any stamps to be able to send off a letter. Obviously it costs more to send mail internationally (for example, it takes 3 normal stamps to send a letter to Australia from the US). Maybe no one puts money on her books. Unfortunately a lot of inmates are in that boat...

What a pity you can't do jpay email to that facility - it would be a lot easier for you wouldn't it! It would save all this stress and worry. It's awful when the line of communication gets broken for whatever reason - and it's hard not to worry about what's going on.

Anyway, best of british.... (i thought that an appropriate phrase!) and hopefully FiFi can help out with getting some answers....
                            "The burden is not so heavy....when we all lighten each other's load"

Comment

I guess I'm the only one who thinks and feels that she just don't want to correspond with him anymore. Maybe she decided that because he wasn't able to send the money, that he wasn't worth her time. Who says that the name for the mom was really her mom? Maybe she was trying to scam him out of money and since he couldn't provide the money, she decided to not write. Why ask him to transfer money, but didn't leave her mom's number.

It's been since December, I wouldn't worry about it anymore. She's not writing.

I'm not trying to be mean or offend anyone. Maybe you can try to find another penpal.
                              Parole hearing 7/29/11; Greensheet dated 9/2/11, Greensheet rec'd 9/8/11; Home Inspection 9/27/11; Urine taken 10/26/11; HOME..11/9/11

Comment

Working...
                              X