Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending cards to inmates

Mine is maybe a strange quaestion I hope someone can answer it;

I correspond with a female inmate in NC (I'm in UK); and a few months ago was her birthday, so I sent her a birthday card...whne I was in the shop I spotted another card that was highly ammusing, so I boughtthat too, and sent it blank to her as well as the one I wrote in to wish her happy birthday.

Her next letter to me thanked me for the card and without going into detail (I suspect deliberately being careful) said that she wasn't allowed the blank one..

What is that about? Firstly why couldn't she be given it, and secondly why would anyone tell her she'd had it refused? And on what grounds? I'm of course not familar with how things work, so I'll be grateful for any insight/advice.
    It's in total silence that we can often hear things the loudest. And other pretentious nonesense!

Don't know what state she's in , but if the mail is refused, they have to be informed so they can have a hearing to see if they can actually get it. I'm not sure on the reason they wouldn't let the blank one go thru other than they have to either make or buy their crads from the commissary. They have to have who they're from on them. Just don't know the states issues fir ya. TC&GB

Comment

Here is a link to the North Carolina Offender Family Services - the links in the middle of the page will have information that you are looking for (Handbook for Family and Friends and also Rules for Inmates) Hope this helps.
      Mrs. Hernandez

My Husband is Finally Home 3/5/13 amor de mi vida <3

Comment

Duh-didn't see the NC part, so sorry and hope that the link K gave ya helped.ots of good people here to watch over each other.TC&GB

Comment

The card could have been rejected because it was blank as it could be sold or traded

The card could have been rejected for the way it was made usually it has to be a plain card no glitter inserts or it being doubled and glued together

here is a link to where you can read the rules for mail and on page 7 of the mail rules it states they will inform you through mail the reason it was denied.

http://www.doc.state.nc.us/dop/polic...nual/index.htm

hope this helps

JPay Service
          Help Link
          JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Originally posted by khernandez View Post
            Here is a link to the North Carolina Offender Family Services - the links in the middle of the page will have information that you are looking for (Handbook for Family and Friends and also Rules for Inmates) Hope this helps.
            Awesome Kendra!

I got stuck on a long distances call (still on it) and then the system wouldn't take my post so I seen your post after the fact...

JPay Service
            Help Link

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDust View Post
              The card could have been rejected because it was blank as it could be sold or traded

The card could have been rejected for the way it was made usually it has to be a plain card no glitter inserts or it being doubled and glued together

here is a link to where you can read the rules for mail and on page 7 of the mail rules it states they will inform you through mail the reason it was denied.

http://www.doc.state.nc.us/dop/polic...nual/index.htm

hope this helps

Ahhh I bet that was it! Never occured, I said I was ignorant! Thank you so much for the help everyone..I appreciate it. I'll need to get a christmas card out to her in a week or so to get there in time.
              It's in total silence that we can often hear things the loudest. And other pretentious nonesense!

Comment

Originally posted by English Guy View Post
                Ahhh I bet that was it! Never occured, I said I was ignorant! Thank you so much for the help everyone..I appreciate it. I'll need to get a christmas card out to her in a week or so to get there in time.
                You're Welcome, there are so many rules and regulations in each state that it is hard to keep up with, as the DOC's changes the rules as soon as we get them right.

I still am learning as I go and it amazes me how the rules differ throughout the DOC's systems, it helps to go to the State Website for the answers to our questions but sometimes they don't post the answers we are looking for and have to go by what they say they are...

You can also call the prison, ask for the mail room and then ask what is Not Allowed when it comes to sending any type of card

JPay Service
                Help Link

Comment

They won't give them the blank ones as they can be used by the inmate. Some call it contraband - its silly but I did find this out first hand. Hope this helps Welcome to Jpay
                  Anything worth having is worth waiting and working for....HE IS WORTH IT

Comment

Working...
                  X