Rapists and murderers going free under old law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elkaydee View Post
    LOL! Honey don't you know that us white girls 'go medieval'??? Maybe that's just those of us with Celtic backgrounds... I'm just sayin' I'm Scottish and I can hold a grudge for centuries!!

And my brother's descent into his own personal hell started when his 15 yr old girlfriends PARENTS had him arrested on his 18th birthday for stat rape... because he was 18 my parents were not notified (and he had other problems and was estranged)...while he was in he tried heroin the first time and...well... his life was ruined. So I will get VERY defensive about the false sex offender tag...
    I spent 4 years as a religious facilitator in a facility that was initially created to house sex offenders...they aren't all the same and that sex offender label cuts a wide swath with the brush it uses. Working with people who have that label is truly a test of ones faith; the nature of their crimes makes compassion and mercy harder to come by. But they are still human beings, they are still parents, siblings and loved ones of people on the outside. It's easy to demonize them, it requires no effort or heart on one's part to do so. The challenge is to love them and embrace them when no one else does.

As for the person who posted those vile comments, there are times when people might think your stupid and in those instances it is best to keep silent. Opening your mouth just might prove them right.
    Last edited by Cerwydden; 05-02-2011, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by elkaydee View Post
      LOL! Honey don't you know that us white girls 'go medieval'??? Maybe that's just those of us with Celtic backgrounds... I'm just sayin' I'm Scottish and I can hold a grudge for centuries!!

And my brother's descent into his own personal hell started when his 15 yr old girlfriends PARENTS had him arrested on his 18th birthday for stat rape... because he was 18 my parents were not notified (and he had other problems and was estranged)...while he was in he tried heroin the first time and...well... his life was ruined. So I will get VERY defensive about the false sex offender tag...
      my momma is portuguese haha so that comes right out when i get made haha... i look like a white girl... but dont get me wrong i got that blood in me haha... ESPECIALLY when i am totally insulted by narrow mindedness =) lol
      *I may not have been there from the start but I sure will be there until the end! Yo Te Amo Mi Amor Siempre Y Para Siempre*

Yo te amo mi esposo siempre y para siempre <3 02.14.2011 <3

Comment

[QUOTE=elkaydee;177524]LOL! Honey don't you know that us white girls 'go medieval'??? Maybe that's just those of us with Celtic backgrounds... I'm just sayin' I'm Scottish and I can hold a grudge for centuries!!

Well I don't know about 'going medieval', but I have a pretty good dose of Irish in me on my momma's side & at least a double dose of German in me, on both sides, and my husband says I'm the most bullheaded person he's met, he says I can hold a grudge for along azz time, not sure about centuries Elkaydee lol, but close enough. lol I try to be forgiving & tolerant, note the key word TRY...BUT when I'm confronted w/complete ignorance, close mindedness & intolerance, then I'm ready to fight...I have no patience for ignorance & narrow mindedness...
        'To be brave is to love unconditionally without expecting anything in return.'

Comment

I am Scottish, Irish, English and Dutch. If I got any whiter I would be transparent!! I do come with a load of stubbornness and feisty blood in my veins. I try to direct it in a positive way.... it has served me well getting thru this last year with John. I am really going to need it for the coming year or two for sure!!

Comment

I am 1/2 Portguese (I have dual citizenship and all), Swedish (the tinyest bit and wow it came out in my hair and eyes haha) and English and something else cause my dad has dark hair and eyes and tans AWESOMELY haha... but my mom and i always say the portuguse in us gets BAD haha... that and I am from Boston... me and the hubby laugh cause he is 100% cubano... we r both hot temptered but we mellow eachother out... but when it comes to my friends nad family... no i dont put up with jack snap... and i hate narrow mindedness... i cant get past it...
            *I may not have been there from the start but I sure will be there until the end! Yo Te Amo Mi Amor Siempre Y Para Siempre*

Yo te amo mi esposo siempre y para siempre <3 02.14.2011 <3

Comment

She said monsters who touch children ! not married women or Innocent men or women .. I am sure most of you are adults and know children have no reason to lie .. No child is at fault for being raped. If your loved one is not in jail for touching a CHILD then the remarks were not meant to them and if they are regardless of what he or she went through as a child everyone has a choice and there is no excuse to EVER touch an innocent child. I strongly believe laws should be tougher on anyone who does, not after the second or third time but the first time NO EXCEPTIONS .. what if it was your child ? think about that before you respond.

Comment

Murder is a horrible offense. My man was involved in one just before he turned 15. He was with 2 older kids and no one could prove who pulled the trigger on the drug dealer. Who was stealing money from them He was in his 50's. None of this is good. Kids on drugs and alcohol. My guy has served 30 years now. On a life sentence without parole. I know he's paid the price. He is a wonderful man. Not even close to the mixed up kid that went to prison 30 years ago. But the system doesn't look at individual people or the possibility these men are rehabilitated. I love a (so called) murderer. The nicest man I've ever met. God forgave him long ago. And so have I. We have to be careful about lumping all convicts in the same box. It just isn't that way.

Comment

Working...
                X