Getting married in IDOC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting married in IDOC?

What does it take to get married in IDOC? I'm not saying we are going to but I just want to know... Do I get the marriage license in my county (I live in Ohio- ten minutes from the IN state line) or what? I'm confused!

I don't know about your state, but I applied for the license in the county that I live in and they just needed his address, h9is parents names and birthplaces and his place of birth. Also had to have a copy of his divorce and my6 hubbies death. I paid my $20.00 and in3 days, i got them and they're good for only 30 days, which id s ok since we're getting married on Mon.. Don't know what it'd be like State to State.TC&GB

Comment

Originally posted by Fifi View Post
      I don't know about your state, but I applied for the license in the county that I live in and they just needed his address, h9is parents names and birthplaces and his place of birth. Also had to have a copy of his divorce and my6 hubbies death. I paid my $20.00 and in3 days, i got them and they're good for only 30 days, which id s ok since we're getting married on Mon.. Don't know what it'd be like State to State.TC&GB

He finally decided we should get married while he is there, so please tell me what I need to do exactly. We've been engaged almost a year. He wants to get married May 13th, if that is even possible. We have a Pastor, that we would like to marry us, too. He is in New Castle Correctional Facility, I'm in Marion co. What do I have to do to be able to get married there? They are ran by GEO, not the state. Can you explain the steps to be taken? thank you!!

Jo
      The best thing in life is finding someone who knows your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses, but still thinks you are completely amazing

Comment

I researched i on doc website, here is the beginning steps for him:

IV. COORDINATOR FOR MARRIAGE REQUESTS:
        Each Facility Head shall designate a staff person to act as a Coordinator for offender marriages.
        The duties of the Coordinator will include:
        A. Answering questions from offenders and intended spouses about the facility's procedures for offender marriages;
        B. Receiving requests for marriages from offenders and intended spouses;
        C. Verifying the information supplied by the offender;
        D. Assisting, as necessary, in arranging the marriage; and,
        E. Complete and file a monthly MARRIAGE COORDINATOR REPORT and forward a copy to the Director of Religious Services and Community Involvement, not later than the 10th of the following month.
        The Coordinator may confer with the facility Chaplain, if the Coordinator is not the Chaplain and if a Chaplain is available at the facility, to arrange any pre-marital counseling with the clergy performing the ceremony and for assistance in aspects related to the marriage ceremony.
        V. REQUEST FOR MARRIAGE:
        An offender desiring to marry shall obtain approval from the Facility Head or designee. An offender desiring to marry shall contact the Coordinator to obtain State Form 28388, OFFENDER REQUEST FOR MARRIAGE. The offender shall complete this form accurately and supply all requested information. Upon return of a completed State Form 28388, the Coordinator shall verify the information supplied by the offender by the O.I.S. and use of the offender's facility packet. Failure to supply all requested information, falsification of information and the inability to verify the information supplied by the offender may delay the approval or result in a denial of the request.
        The best thing in life is finding someone who knows your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses, but still thinks you are completely amazing

Comment

I was married in Miami in Indiana. Alot of it's on him to do. I had to get our marriage license in the county the prison was in. Hit me up if you have any questions.
          I AM COMPLETELY COVERED IN YOUR LOVE AND I WILL NEVER GIVE IT UP.

Comment

My fiance is in Miami and we want to get married but im an ex offender and can't get approved on his visiting lost without being immediate family can we still get married if im not on his visiting list

Comment

Working...
            X