Menard correctional center Illinois

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menard correctional center Illinois

Is there anyone will their L/O in Menard Correctional Center? My husband is there and would like friends with same.

Hello my L/o is in Menard

Comment

My boyfriend just got transferred from Graham to Menard 2 weeks ago. He is in seg. He was also in the x house at Menard in October. I have been doing a lot of reading about Menard, and I know my friends are tired of hearing about him, so it would be nice to have someone to talk to about what is going on. How long has your husband been there? What house is he in? Have you been getting mail, calls, and/or visits? How have you been handling the lockdown?

Comment

my fiance is there & I miss him deaply it is very expensive 4 even calls

Comment

My boyfriend is in East house. He has been there since December. The mail is a lot better now. Calls are also coming in. They are if lockdown but they all say within a month they will be back on.

Comment

does anyone still use this forum? I see the most recent posts are from 2013? My bf is at Menard.....he was at Stateville before that - he's hoping to transfer closer to Chicago but honestly getting your hopes up is usually not a good thing so far.... he's in north house- he is supposed to call me tomorrow so I'll ask him but I am like 99 percent sure it's north but maybe East house...

Comment

I'm so happy that Eric called me today......he said they were on lockdown b/c of flood water??? I asked him if it was bc of a storm and he said it's b/c they are so close to the Mississippi River. I am going to visit him in July- for my birthday. Please tell me, ladies (and men?) ..... I'm upset that he was moved (he was in a house with all guys that had jobs and he was turned down for a job!!!! He is relatively new- he was at Statesville and recently moved to Menard so he's assuming that's why and he's NOT happy about the move- he had just gotten comfortable where he was and knew his neighbors, liked his cellie, etc. ) I'm just sad for him and want to be with him so badly- having a rough patch bc he cannot get the phone. OH OK so that's my question- do you guys ever hear your LO say that they have trouble getting a phone or have to work out a deal to get a hold of the phone? I'm not talking about illegal cell phones, I'm talking about regular prison phones???!! That pisses me off so much that he can't call me for the cheap 30-whatever cents for a half hour but instead I have to deal with these people raping us for 75 bucks to make sure he can call me twice a day. Anyone else dealing with this????????????? He's in with LWOP- he was on death row but the Innocence Project is helping now so let's pray we get him if not exonerated at least another trial... thanks for listening :*( J.......
              Last edited by TexasDust; 05-07-2019, 02:35 AM. Reason: I looked on the Illinois Department of Corrections Website

Comment

my BF has been moved (he was w/inmates w/jobs and he was denied job he was already upset about that and now he's moved to new area of building, new celly, etc.) my question is = have you heard from your men that it's tough to get a hold of a phone to call you? he claims he had to work out a 'deal' so he can call me every day.... it just upsets me that he has all this to deal with and now can't call me until he works out something w the people that control the phones????? and i'm not talking about a cell phone- the 30 whatever cents for a half hour phone call :*( I swear i will schedule video visits as much as possible if this keeps up I miss hearing his voice daily. he finally called this am and said he has to give the phone guy money i'm hoping he's telling the truth and someone else has dealt with phone problems???

Comment

Originally posted by jemcc View Post
                  I'm so happy that Eric called me today......he said they were on lockdown b/c of flood water??? I asked him if it was bc of a storm and he said it's b/c they are so close to the Mississippi River. I am going to visit him in July- for my birthday. Please tell me, ladies (and men?) ..... I'm upset that he was moved (he was in a house with all guys that had jobs and he was turned down for a job!!!! He is relatively new- he was at Statesville and recently moved to Menard so he's assuming that's why and he's NOT happy about the move- he had just gotten comfortable where he was and knew his neighbors, liked his cellie, etc. ) I'm just sad for him and want to be with him so badly- having a rough patch bc he cannot get the phone. OH OK so that's my question- do you guys ever hear your LO say that they have trouble getting a phone or have to work out a deal to get a hold of the phone? I'm not talking about illegal cell phones, I'm talking about regular prison phones???!! That pisses me off so much that he can't call me for the cheap 30-whatever cents for a half hour but instead I have to deal with these people raping us for 75 bucks to make sure he can call me twice a day. Anyone else dealing with this????????????? He's in with LWOP- he was on death row but the Innocence Project is helping now so let's pray we get him if not exonerated at least another trial... thanks for listening :*( J.......

Originally posted by jemcc View Post
                  my BF has been moved (he was w/inmates w/jobs and he was denied job he was already upset about that and now he's moved to new area of building, new celly, etc.) my question is = have you heard from your men that it's tough to get a hold of a phone to call you? he claims he had to work out a 'deal' so he can call me every day.... it just upsets me that he has all this to deal with and now can't call me until he works out something w the people that control the phones????? and i'm not talking about a cell phone- the 30 whatever cents for a half hour phone call :*( I swear i will schedule video visits as much as possible if this keeps up I miss hearing his voice daily. he finally called this am and said he has to give the phone guy money i'm hoping he's telling the truth and someone else has dealt with phone problems???
                  I Looked on the Illinois Department of Corrections Website https://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facil...nalcenter.aspx and it is posted about the flood and a partial lockdown, that seems scary that the inmates are dealing with the flooding.
                  When you go visit I hope you have a safe trip and the visit is a good one.
                  I checked on the site about how the phones are run and it is posted that https://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/commu...eServices.aspx
                  Offenders have scheduled times when they can make collect calls, which are determined by their living unit's schedule.
                  I wonder if he has a deal with someone in there and he is calling on another inmates phone time, with the phone calls being recorded if his caught it will get him and whoever else in trouble, if the staff is extorting him you would think the inmates would speak up.
                  Prayers going Up for the two of you
                  Last edited by TexasDust; 05-07-2019, 03:07 AM.

JPay Service
                  Help Link
                  JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Working...
                  X