Mail to SFRC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail to SFRC

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive mail at the South Florida Reception Center? My husband was sent there on the 27th of January and I have been mailing him ever since. I sent his first letter on the 28th of January and a total of 10 letters since. I have received 3 letters from him and 1 postcard. His postcard today is asking me why I have not mailed him. He thinks that I have abandoned him. I am a mess right now because I have been mailing him since I found out he was transferred there. I've sent our phone bills too so we can do the phone list and nothing. I've also sent him money, but I have no idea if he even knows it's there. Anyone have any insight? Thank you in advance!

I know exactly how you feel. My inmate was sent there last May. It took 8 days before I received a letter. We both wrote every day. I looked at the dates on all the envelopes and recorded everything. It can take between 5 days up to two weeks for mail to be delivered to the inmate or myself. The mail was often not in order. My inmate also thought I had abandoned him. It was a very stressful time until we both figured out that the mail is delayed, out of chronological order, and sometimes letters were never received. When he was transferred a month later, he had never received all the mail sent to him. Eventually, about a month later, a couple letters were returned to me labeled that he was not at that facility.

This is why I am joining a prison reform movement. The sentence in inhumane for inmates in the Florida DOC.

My inmate was in work release, but unfortunately was transferred back to SFRC. So, here we go again.

Comment

Working...
    X