need some help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help

How long did it take everyone to be approved for visitation and phone calls? Also how often do you all get letters? I've been trying to wait patiently for all of this but I'm loosing the battle of patience and need help figuring it all out.

Welcome to Jpay. I have had a horrible time with the visitation but there are reasons for this so that's not a question for me to really answer. I can tell you that I've had two friends in the past that I got approved for and it went pretty quick. As far as the phone, my number had to be put on his approved call list and that took a day or two. I am very blessed with letters and emails, I get them pretty often. Hang in there!!!!! I'm sure you'll hear from him anytime now. God Bless
    Originally posted by Alphawolf View Post
    How long did it take everyone to be approved for visitation and phone calls? Also how often do you all get letters? I've been trying to wait patiently for all of this but I'm loosing the battle of patience and need help figuring it all out.
    Anything worth having is worth waiting and working for....HE IS WORTH IT

Comment

Its been almost 2 weeks since last letter. and I didn't know they could email ill send him my new email address in next letter. It may be different out here though

Comment

In mi. , they are supposed to answer within 45 days. If we want the answer sent to us, we have yo send a SASE with the application. We also have Jpay emails and they're reasonable. I get 100 for $20 and it costs a stamp a page. There's a lot of room on a page to.
        Good Luck, TC&GB

Comment

It took about a month for me to get approved for visitng and same for calls ours are $4.80 for a 30min call and 2 letters a week I usually get

Comment

Its been almost 2 weeks since last letter. and I didn't know they could email ill send him my new email address in next letter. It may be different out here though
            No inmates can not actually email you straight to your email so you don't want to send him your email address for the internet

JPay is a special service that allows the Members and their loved ones to be able to emessage/email each other through their Service they provide.

In some states our loved ones do not have the service installed into the prison facilities and in some facilities the Members can send an email but their loved ones have to write back through the regular postal service.

To see what Services and Products the facility has here is a link http://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx

Here is a link to the Service Side of JPay so you can Register if you find it is something you are interested in www.JPay.com
            Last edited by TexasDust; 01-31-2014, 09:20 AM.

JPay Service
            Help Link
            JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

It may be different out here though
              I checked the Availability of JPay Services in Arizona and at this time the only Service provided through JPay is the Money Transfer Service.

JPay Service
              Help Link

Comment

When my husband got to Holliday Unit, the staff was very helpful. They explained the intake process could take 30-45 days. During that time he could receive mail, but may not be able to send it. He would not be eligible for visit for 30 days and no contact visits for 60. The phone calls happen after your phone is registered through the phone service and only if you are on his approved visitors list.
                You can, however, go on the TDCJ website and order him commissary through there. he should be able to receive that within 48 hrs. Then he can get the items he needs to write you. He will be very grateful. Intake is not pleasant for them either. They cannot go to commissary during intake so that will be their only chance to have something nice.
                I hope this helps.

Comment

How long has he been in?

Comment

Originally posted by I miss him View Post
                    When my husband got to Holliday Unit, the staff was very helpful. They explained the intake process could take 30-45 days. During that time he could receive mail, but may not be able to send it. He would not be eligible for visit for 30 days and no contact visits for 60. The phone calls happen after your phone is registered through the phone service and only if you are on his approved visitors list.
                    You can, however, go on the TDCJ website and order him commissary through there. he should be able to receive that within 48 hrs. Then he can get the items he needs to write you. He will be very grateful. Intake is not pleasant for them either. They cannot go to commissary during intake so that will be their only chance to have something nice.
                    I hope this helps.
                    Alphawolf's loved one is in the Arizona DOC which has different processes than TDCJ
                    Mrs. Hernandez

My Husband is Finally Home 3/5/13 amor de mi vida <3

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDust View Post
                      I checked the Availability of JPay Services in Arizona and at this time the only Service provided through JPay is the Money Transfer Service.
                      Thank you TexasDust.

Comment

Originally posted by I miss him View Post
                        How long has he been in?
                        he was arrested and detained Dec 19th, but was placed in this DOC yard Jan 15th.

Comment

Thank you TexasDust.
                          You're Welcome

JPay Service
                          Help Link

Comment

Got a 5 page letter from him today! he explained they are sparse right now since he doesn't have envelopes at the moment. is there a way i can get him some or would i have to wire him money for that?

Comment

Working...
                            X