This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrabbit View Post
    I tried going on for Michigan and can not figure the stupid thing out. I really want to send some stuff to my dad. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    If you clicked on the link then picked the state and if the facility is there click on it if it is not they don't service that facility.
    If the facility comes up and you click on it and you just get a picture then you can not order at this time for the facility but if you click on the facility and you get an order form than you are good to go the site is easy to navigate.

Here on this forum is in The State you are interested in find The Department of Corrections Home Page and find the facility you are checking about and it should have the information you need for what can be sent to him through the mail and should have about the packages..

JPay Service
    Help Link
    JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Connally Unit TX does not accept any care packages
      I love you with all my heart and I will wait for you faithfully

Comment

Do you know if Connally Unit will soon be getting this service as well??

Comment

Originally posted by babygirl View Post
          Do you know if Connally Unit will soon be getting this service as well??
          "I tried to PM you back but you have it set up where you do not recieve PM's"

No, no one knows it is up to the individual facility what they allow and what they don't.

Here is a link to Texas rules and Frequently asked Questins it may help you and also the Handbook for inmates and one for the family members which should have what is allowed and what is not I hope this helps you.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/list-gen...nformation.htm
          Click On The Link In Red

Good Luck!
          Last edited by TexasDust; 10-01-2009, 04:16 AM.

JPay Service
          Help Link

Comment

how do the PM set up?

Comment

Each state is different..not available everywhere...

Access Secure doesn't offer services to every state. And for some states they only offer holiday and summer packages, not inmate direct packages.

Inmate direct packages are usually sent throughout the whole year, but not in all cases. This where loved ones can buy shoes, clothes, electronics , and personal items for there loved one year around. They ship inmate direct packages to every state except - CA, FL, ID, MA, ND, NV, OH, PA, TN, VA, WA, WV and WY.

Now there are several states were they have special holiday and summer packages programs. Each state has there own limit and amount of packages an inmate can receive. Some of the states that utilize this program is Georgia, south carolina, virginia, and West Virginia.....and of course my state Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania has not started the program yet this year...but should be coming soon. In PA, the limit is only $50.00, but other states have $100.00 limits. If in doubt, give them a call to see what areas they service - 1-800-546-6283.
              Through Thick and Thin, I'm ridin with him until the end....

Comment

Also.....Please remember...

Even though the company may ship to a state does not mean the jail/prison/correctional facility, etc will except the products. Each establishment has there own rules in regards to what is allowed in there facility, so before purchasing anything not endorsed by the facility....always ask first!!!
                Through Thick and Thin, I'm ridin with him until the end....

Comment

Originally posted by babygirl View Post
                  how do the PM set up?
                  On the top of the page Click On User CP

The page that comes up on the left side go down where it says Setting Options
                  Click On / Edit Options on that page is where you can enable PM's
                  remember once you make changes go to the bottom of that page and click on save changes.

JPay Service
                  Help Link

Comment

they have this for marin county jail. the county jail has a link on their page that goes straight to a special page specifically for their facility. you enter your inmate's information and then are taken to a page where you can pick from things to order from. i just put in my first order last night because my boyfriend put in a request for a bunch of things (i was going to do this anyway but he beat me to asking before i asked what he wanted....GMTA), plus a small surprise (i told him i shrunk myself down and am sending myself in the care package). he told me it takes a week to arrive. it'll arrive at the commisary, and they deliver it. inmates at MCJ can receive 1 package a week so i ordered enough to hopefully hold him a week. and it costs $3 shipping. i ended up spending 20 bucks, which isn't too bad considering all that he requested.

glad to know others can do this for their loved ones at other facilities.

Comment

It is as if this does not permit to send packages to all prisons but if at least it permits some people to get in touch with their family members who are inmates and if they can send them things it fine for a beginning.

Comment

When I put in my state of Virginia it just says this:

Order Tracking
                        Below is the status of orders for your confirmation number or inmate number search.
                        Important Note: If your order has shipped, please allow up to 14 business days for the order to be delivered to the recipient once it arrives at the facility.

Sorry, we could not find any orders for your confirmation number or inmate. Please check the number and try again. Can somebody please tell me what that means im not trying to look up a order for i have not done one yet im trying to see if he can get one He is in Bland Correctional Center In Bland Virginia!

Comment

Texas Dust do you know wen the next one is for Colorado? My sweetie is in Canon in Colorado
                          STILL LOVE HIM AND WOULD NEVER WISH ANYTHING BAD FOR HIM BUT HE IS JUST A USER AND i AM NOT DOWN OR THAT SO i WILL SURVIVE WITHOUT ALL THE GAMES HE PLAYS

Comment

I went to this link and even tho it says Michigan is one of the states you can send packages to I an still unable to find out how to sent to a Michigan facility. My son
                            is in Parnall correctional facility in Jackson, Michigan. Can anyone help?
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Alley66 View Post
                              I went to this link and even tho it says Michigan is one of the states you can send packages to I an still unable to find out how to sent to a Michigan facility. My son
                              is in Parnall correctional facility in Jackson, Michigan. Can anyone help?
                              Thanks
                              Go to the Link and on the left hand side pick the state and put the DOC Number in
                              STILL LOVE HIM AND WOULD NEVER WISH ANYTHING BAD FOR HIM BUT HE IS JUST A USER AND i AM NOT DOWN OR THAT SO i WILL SURVIVE WITHOUT ALL THE GAMES HE PLAYS

Comment

I am bringing up three links that are here on the forum about this company, it is getting time for some of the facilities in different states to be able to receive these packages.

If you open the link on the first post it will take you to the main page if you cannot get in because the Store is Closed or you are asked for a code, that means they are not talking orders right now for the facility you are inquiring about, IF you have placed an order then you would have been giving A CODE
                                and you will be able to enter during these times to check on the status of your order.

I have read a lot of posts over this past year that states you have to be careful what you order from this company because the items may not be approved by the facility for them to be able to receive it, that is not true, the company only offers you the items that are approved for each facility.
                                Last edited by TexasDust; 09-26-2010, 01:21 PM.

JPay Service
                                Help Link

Comment

Working...
                                X