Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costs of a lawyer for parole hearing

Hello y'all,

could someone tell me what the range is that lawyer could cost for a parole board hearing? I mean the whole process, not only at the hearing itself. What are the usual costs and what is too much or to less?

Thanks for all helpful answers in advance.
    Joker

Here in Texas it's approximately $1,500 for a parole packet which you can do yourself, I don't know if that covers the lawyer/attorney attending the parole hearing.
    Last edited by TexasDust; 05-03-2019, 02:43 PM.

JPay Service
    Help Link
    JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Hey TexasDust,
      I am just asking out of curiosity. It would also need a lawyer in California. I have a penpal there, as you might already know, who is serving a 15-life sentence and I am just curious how much it would cost to hire a lawyer for the parole hearing process, because I have actually no idea. It's interesting to me to get to know the bits and pieces of a foreign legal system.

Would $1500 be the maximum or the midrange?

Have a great day,
      Joker

Comment

Originally posted by FremeJoker View Post
        Hey TexasDust,
        I am just asking out of curiosity. It would also need a lawyer in California. I have a penpal there, as you might already know, who is serving a 15-life sentence and I am just curious how much it would cost to hire a lawyer for the parole hearing process, because I have actually no idea. It's interesting to me to get to know the bits and pieces of a foreign legal system.

Would $1500 be the maximum or the midrange?

Have a great day,
        Joker
        You can Google
        parole hearing lawyers in California
        or
        parole hearing attorney in California

I remember your out of the country, but some websites have where you can contact them by text and get information.

So the $1,500 approximate price was on the low end the high price I have read is $5,000 and mid range is $3,500.

But those lawyers and attorney's have a name for themselves as being real good in what they do, along with no guarantee of the inmate getting out but some the price covers reappearing at the next parole hearing for the price.

I'm sure in talking to other lawyers you may find cheaper prices.

JPay Service
        Help Link

Comment

Hello TexasDust,

yes I am still from Germany ;-). You are very helpful with your answers, thanks for that. Well, it would be irresponsible to give out guarantees, that's for sure. I am still just curious, the attorney fees here in Germany are regulated by law. The lawyer can either calculate the fees according to the law or make a special agreement with the client with higher, but not lower fees. If you have a legal expenses insurance, the insurance will probably just pay according to law.

Have a great day,
          Joker

Comment

Originally posted by FremeJoker View Post
            Hello TexasDust,

yes I am still from Germany ;-). You are very helpful with your answers, thanks for that. Well, it would be irresponsible to give out guarantees, that's for sure. I am still just curious, the attorney fees here in Germany are regulated by law. The lawyer can either calculate the fees according to the law or make a special agreement with the client with higher, but not lower fees. If you have a legal expenses insurance, the insurance will probably just pay according to law.

Have a great day,
            Joker
            When I posted the Texas lawyer info I had just helped a couple other Members from Texas, then you posted I will also need info for California, it brought me back to my senses so I deleted the TX lawyer information.

Wish USA would regulate medical services like you say Germany does for how lawyers can charge for services,, and leave them open to charge less for services if the doctors feel inclined to do so. It's crazy the unbalance of what each charges for the same service.
            Last edited by TexasDust; 05-04-2019, 10:39 AM.

JPay Service
            Help Link

Comment

Hey TexasDust, there was no need to delete it, it would probably help others if they search for Texas. There could be a thread with lawyers and the range of costs for parole hearings for each state. Could surely be helpful and it could be a pinned thread.

As for health care, just root for public health care, our public health insurances make kinda sure that the costs are reasonable, and I myself does not have to pay anything except the monthly premium to my public health insurance.

Comment

There are a couple Threads in the Texas sub-forum where the Members were having discussions on the Topic where they also have the names of different parole hearing attornies mentioned.

JPay Service
                Help Link

Comment

Working...
                X