Payments from the UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payments from the UK

Sorry did not know where to post my question.

Is it against the law in the USA to take payments from non-US cards to sending money to prisoners in the US.

I ask because I am in the UK (not exactly a dodgy country haha). My friend is in Idaho and his family disowned him. I am able us Jpay to buy him stamps, credit for music and a jpay tablet but what he needs is soap/cleaning stuff haha.

But I cannot seem to find a way of paying to get it to him.
    Access Secure Pak will not accept UK credit/debut cards nor can I send money direct through them either.
    Then I found Moneygram but I got stuck here too because I cannot find Idaho State Correctional Centre's company code its like they do not use it and even then I am not sure they will accept my card,

Please can someone help. The dude just needs soap lmao

Are you not able to send money thru Jpay since you're able to buy him stamps, tablet thru jpay??
    Fight your battle on your knees

Comment

here is some info that may help this is from JPay
      http://www.jpay.com/jpayHelp/Default.htm

What payment methods do you accept?

Do you accept debit cards?
      Yes, we accept debit cards, gift cards, check cards and prepaid cards as long as they have the Visa, MasterCard or Discover logo on them and they are registered to a valid US or internationaladdress.

Do you accept gift card or prepaid cards?
      Yes, we accept debit cards, gift cards, check cards and pre paid cards as long as they have the Visa, MasterCard or Discover logo on them and they are registered to a valid US or internationaladdress. We accept Greendot cards if they have a Visa or MasterCard logo but if it is a Greendot Moneypak card, we do not accept it.

Okay I checked to verify if JPay does Money Transfers to Idaho and they do not (that is why I couldn't find the Code for Idaho Money Gram either, so I will get you the info you need on how to send Money to Idaho Inmates

JPay Service
      Help Link
      JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

https://www.idoc.idaho.gov/content/p...ender_accounts

IDAHO
        Sending Money to Inmates

One more way the IDOC continues to move forward with technology that helps minimize barriers for our offenders and their families is through our inmate banking solution called Access Corrections. It's not a bank - instead it is an account management system designed to manage trust accounts in near real time.
        Below is a brief list of some of the highpoints related to the account management system provided by Access Corrections or see the Deposit and Payment Services FAQ or www.accesscorrections.com for fees and full details:
        • Access Corrections will accept deposits to inmate accounts using cash, debit/credit card, money order, cashier’s check or personal check.
        • Some options have fees associated with them, but there is a FREE mail-in option as well.
        • The IDOC will continue to accept mailed in money order deposits for 90 days. After that any deposits received by IDOC will be returned to sender so they can mail it to Access Corrections.
        • Inmates will be able to view their inmate trust account balance through the commissary portal on the kiosks.
        • Commissary/Property orders will be paid for in real time through a Keefe/AMS interface that allows the inmate’s account to be charged as soon as Keefe processes the order.
        • Phone calls will be paid for in real time through the Enforcer/AMS interface by debiting the inmate’s trust account for the cost of the call once the call is completed (called DirectLink Trust™). This means inmates will no longer purchase phone time through commissary for inmate debit.
        • Inmates will get a debit card upon their release (called SecureRelease™) which will allow them easy access to their money without having to go to a bank to cash a check.
        Incarcerated Offenders: Access Corrections will accept deposits for inmate trust account online, by phone, by mail and through authorized retailers.
        Community-Based Offenders: In addition to the options listed above, Access Corrections will provide payment kiosks at each of the main IDOC Probation and Parole district offices. These kiosks accept credit and debit card payments from community-based offenders to make payments against COS, PSI, or Interstate Compact Application fees they may owe.
        WHAT KIND OF DEPOSIT OR PAYMENT TYPE WILL ACCESS CORRECTIONS ACCEPT?
        Access Corrections accepts money orders, cashier’s checks and personal checks, as well as debit and credit cards (Visa and MasterCard). Walk-in cash services available at participating retailers. There is a daily limit of $300.00 per day per credit / debit card. You can choose the most convenient method below: (Access Corrections FAQ)
        Online: www.accesscorrections.com (fees apply)
        Phone: 1-866-345-1884 (fees apply)
        Walk-in Sites: (fees apply)
        • Dollar General
        • CashPayToday.com (call 1-844-340-2274 to enroll and find a location)
        • AceCashExpress.com (call 1-877-223-2274 to find a location)
        Mail: (free service)
        Send INMATE DEPOSITS to: Send COMMUNITY-BASED OFFENDER PAYMENTS to:
        Secure Deposits-Idaho DOC Secure Deposits-Idaho DOC P&P
        PO Box 12486 PO Box 12486
        St. Louis, MO 63132 St. Louis, MO 63132

JPay Service
        Help Link

Comment

Hey. Unfortunately I contacted Access. They will only accept payments from American citizens from abroad holding a US card over the telephone. :'(

Comment

Originally posted by lonelysoul69 View Post
            Hey. Unfortunately I contacted Access. They will only accept payments from American citizens from abroad holding a US card over the telephone. :'(

Maybe you can ask if they will accept a cashier's check or personal check if you mail it in (?)

Access Corrections will accept deposits to inmate accounts using cash, debit/credit card, money order, cashier’s check or personal check

JPay Service
            Help Link

Comment

Worth a try. Thanks. I'll let ya know how I get one.

Comment

sorry: on*

Comment

I have the same problem,I too am from the UK and am unable to send money to my friend who is in corr; inst in Marion Ohio.
                  Any help in finding a solution to this problem would be greatfully recieved,
                  Many thanks Dee

Comment

Working...
                  X