Visits from convicted felon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visits from convicted felon

Question.....I am in Florida, was released in 2009, which lucky me, I am a convicted felon. Now, my significant other is in reception in Orlando, with a seven and a half year sentenance, which if he stays out of trouble, will work out to be about five years. Being a convicted felon myself what are my chances of being approved to visit, and since we are not married would it be helpful or necessary to get married. Can or will they keep a spouse from visiting. I truly am the only one he has to help him through this. I guess once he gets settled, maybe my best bet would be to get in contact with the Chaplin. I would appreciate any suggestions, I am pretty lost at this point, I feel like I am missing part of my soul with him gone.

Depends on state and prison. Your best bet is to call the prison. Or just put in the visitation form and see if your approved. Then tell us under this forum so the next person in Florida knows. Good luck and welcome to jPay<3
    <3 He gives good love to me <3

Comment

I was released May 2012. Husband is still in. My parole officer approved me to visit; prison denied it.

Comment

Depends on the state. Not the prison. The rules are on the books somewhere there. Ask him to check with the Prison aids at the law library. Washingon DOC states 5 years off papers, unless you are married BEFORE they were incarcerated. Then its 2 years off paper.

10 Years is a LONG time to love someone you cant hold!
        Iv'e done it 8, and can make it 2 more!

Comment

A convicted felon on probation or supervised release will have to follow the rules set by the court and his probation or supervision officer for as long as his supervisory period lasts. These requirements are likely to include reporting regularly to his supervisory officer, submitting to blood and urine drug tests, submitting samples of DNA for identification banks, attending drug, alcohol or mental-health screening and counseling, working or attending school, and making any required payments for restitution, fines or court fees.

Comment

I'm also in Florida and my son is at Lake CI just outside Orlando. A convicted felon will be denied visits but do try it can't hurt. Your fella will send you the viso papers fill them out and see what happens Good luck For lot's of information go to the Florida Dept of Corrections website do the offender search put in his info and his info will pop up it helps if you have his DC number
            That which does not break you only makes you stronger

Comment

I would just check with the state/prison. The prison should be able to point you in the right direction re visitation rules if it's not already posted on the state site. I hope that it works out!
              Home since March 20, 2014.....

Comment

Originally posted by corrinne View Post
                I'm also in Florida and my son is at Lake CI just outside Orlando. A convicted felon will be denied visits but do try it can't hurt. Your fella will send you the viso papers fill them out and see what happens Good luck For lot's of information go to the Florida Dept of Corrections website do the offender search put in his info and his info will pop up it helps if you have his DC number

I know of several convicted felons, that were released from prison in FL getting approved to visit someone in prison. Per FLDOC website on visitation FAQ,

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/inmates/visit.html

What are some of the things that can disqualify me?

To list a few, a criminal history, providing false or inaccurate information on a visiting application, mailing an incomplete application, etc. Possessing a criminal record will not automatically disqualify you for visitation. The nature, extent, and recency of criminal offenses are taken into consideration. However, as of January 8, 2007, offenders must be discharged from community supervision for at least one year prior to being eligible for consideration.

'To be brave is to love unconditionally without expecting anything in return.'

Comment

Working...
                X