Where is the treatment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the treatment?

My lo's been incarcerated since oct, and still today has not been transfered to parent prison from crc. He needs to have treatment, all that is offered to him is one aa meeting a week. The told him he needed treatment and in may, he will look at his work in the programs to see if he can get a jr release. So how can he work his recovery programs if none are offered? I dont understand.

Hi mona053 I am finding the same thing, my lo went in in Sept with high blood pressure, gout and an alcohol problem, he should take anti depressants too and sleeping aids, but wasn't even given the basics till he was moved to crc, however they moved him out of there within 3 weeks they did help him there with the blood pressure and gout but still nothing with regards to aa or anything else but for us at least, he will be moving to a program soon where it's set for rehab, your lo can request a kite to see a dr, maybe he can get more info from him and can he address the problem with the aa CO? sorry I don't have any more helpful answers xXx

Comment

Thank you britgirl, he was inially moved o hocking unit, and they place him on blood pressure and water meds. we think his troat maybe returning to. they promised to take him to a cancer doctor soon, to get it checked out. we are praying hard. He was just moved 2 days ago, after sitting in crc for over a 100 days in lock down for 22 hours a day. he his grained 35 pounds in water weight. I hope now he can get the help his needs both physically and mentally.

Comment

Does anyone know how the SAFP program work??

Comment

Originally posted by SaraMc1990 View Post
          Does anyone know how the SAFP program work??
          SAFP or Substance Abuse Felony Punishment provides treatment to offenders who have been diagnosed with substance abuse. Itís a 6 month treatment program followed by 3 months of aftercare (residential) in a TTC (Transitional Treatment center), 6-9 months of aftercare (outpatient), and 12 months of support groups and follow-up after that. You can find more info on that here- http://tdcj.state.tx.us/divisions/rpd/index.html

Mona, when will he be out? Itís best if you get him admitted to a rehab center. If youíre anywhere in Canada, Canada Drug Rehab ( http://www.canadadrugrehab.ca ) is a good option, and offers programs across the country. Iím an ex-alcoholic myself, and I attended their addiction treatment in Calgary, where I live now. I hope that all goes well with your lo.

Peace,
          Harry

Comment

My problems with drug addictions had been increasing day by day. It was just not affecting my health but made negative impact on personal life as well but now I have been getting treatment from the opiate detox norfolk center and seeing great results.

Comment

Working...
            X