This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Insight View Post
    You are important to me and you are worth investing in. Keep your eyes on God. It is so nice here under the protection and blessing of the Lord. It is not just for a few of "His favorites" It is for everyone. I will help to answer all of your questions and questions from anyone who you find in there that is safe to call a friend. There is a way out of this and I know that you will find your way. There is happiness for you someday. I know that you are asking when are things going to turn for you. When are you gonna catch some slack. Well, it is not God holding out on you. The hardest thing that anybody ever does in this life is come to the end of themselves. It is the hardest thing, but the best thing to ever happen. It doesn't make sense to the world either. They won't understand it. The beginning of joy comes from letting go and surrendering. Weird. You won't "get it" until you have done it.
    I am praying for you ***. I know that you are a good person stuck in a bad pattern. You will make it. Hold on.....
    (to the Rock) THIS IS FOR EVERYONE...
    Absolutely beautiful words
    Posted via Mobile Device
    FeelinTheLove<3

Comment

I hear you Rocky but I am not sure how true that can be my LO has been in treatment again and again. I believe he uses as an escape and a self medicated blur to avoid facing all the abuse he suffered at his dad's hands as a child and even as an adult. He now says he wants recovery not just sobriety because he has over 100 days sober now. We have spoken a lot about him needing some kind of counseling to tlk about these things and figure out better ways now to deal with things that cause him to be anxious or uptight rather than using, his drugs of choice have been crack and beer (lots of beer). I love him and I pray that somewhere out there even if it is in Minnesota so far from me, he can find someone that cn and will understand how to help him move on. He was in jail here in NY and got special permission to visit his dad dying of brain cancer (he did shortly after) but when he got there his dad brought him to the local shelter and told him he could NOT stay in his finished basement, he had to stay in the homeless shelter. This is just one example of the many abuses both physical and emotional he has taken in his life. Can you imagine getting a judges permission to go from NY to Nebraska and being told you have to stay in a homeless shelter? So while I do think a person can if they are very willing, I also think there are often external forces that make it hard for them to find the way and sometimes they have to hit really rock bottom to want the help. I love him and I will do anything to help but he also has to come to want it which I think he finally has. His not coming back here after the special permission and then landing in jail and then prison, made him realize he really needs help. I pray every day that he gets it in a way that helps him so that his sobriety can turn into recovery and he can get better for him a bit selfishly for me and my girls, we love him and when he is not drunk or high he is a great person. Smart, fun to be with, he taught my girls to build and fly kites, just a good guy. Sorry this has gone on so long but I have strong feelings and God I miss him so so so much. The emails, and snail mail from him and phone calls just dont really cut it for me I will be so excited when they get the video visitation set up in Minnesota, I already have a cam with voice, when I heard it might happen soon.

Comment

I remember when I thought incarceration would help my husband and it did for a while when he got out. But now he is as my mother would say SOWING HIS WILD OATS.... as far as I am concerned he can sow until he makes some oatmeal. We had a better relationship when he was incarcerated. Go figure that!!!!!!!
        "God is moving. God is shifting the atmosphere." Hold on tight to his Unchanging hand.

Comment

Originally posted by godislove52 View Post
          I remember when I thought incarceration would help my husband and it did for a while when he got out. But now he is as my mother would say SOWING HIS WILD OATS.... as far as I am concerned he can sow until he makes some oatmeal. We had a better relationship when he was incarcerated. Go figure that!!!!!!!
          and the hits just keep on coming. Sorry to say at least when he was locked down I knew where his stupid a&& was at. Since he is not around he can go to he&&!!!!!!!
          "God is moving. God is shifting the atmosphere." Hold on tight to his Unchanging hand.

Comment

Working...
          X