Frustrated & don't know where to turn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated & don't know where to turn

So My husband went to SAFP in Texas December 12,2017. He's been receiving and signing his progress reports (which he is doing very well). He had his TTC hearing and typically they send that to people who randomly selected who will get 4-C instead of having to go to a half way house. Well his TTC hearing was 2 months ago. He stayed he got his discharge paperwork 2 weeks ago and that it stated 4-C recommended and he now has less than 30 days left until his projected release date. Now here is where I'm frustrated..... The counselors ask for family support for family education classes and to help in their sobriety, etc. I have called 4 different Dept. 1 says yes he projected to be released in June, one says we havent received anything from the unit, 1 says we'll even if I know the information I can't tell you because it's confidential , another one says he has to tell you we can't. So I cannot get any information on a release date, if 4 -c was approved or is he going to have to go to a halfway house if so how long will the wait be for a bed. From my understanding what I read in the handbook is there will be a field probation officer checking out our home within 14 days of his release to verify the address andake sure it is suitable to probate put to. But my question is this.... How do you expect an inmate battling addiction to have a support system but yet you cannot discuss anything with the support system about the processes and if he's been approved? I'm thrown for a loop today and now I am ticked off because trying to find out any information is like trying to find Waldo in a Where's Waldo book. Am I the only one who gets frustrated in types of situations like this? Please can anyone tell me who to call or what I can inquire about so that I can get some clarification. THANKS A BUNCH

Here is a number that you may be able to get some information
    http://www.tdcj.texas.gov/bpp/faq/faq.html

You may call the TDCJ Parole Division, Review & Release Processing Section, at (512) 406-5202 after BPP has voted the offender to be released for the release status.

hope this helps

JPay Service
    Help Link
    JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Here is something New I found on the Texas Department of Corrections Website

Offender Information Search
      https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/Offe...arch/index.jsp

I'm interested to know if this Link gives you the information you're looking for, if you try it, can you please Post what information that it does provide for others to be able to know what kind of Information Search it is.

JPay Service
      Help Link

Comment

Hi,

I have called the parole line and they stated that his parole date has already been expired. Now they have a set off date of 6-27. He still has no answer if he going to a HWH or getting 4 C. I am just about ready to give up searching and just wait. It's so disappointing to not know anything. He had to go to SAFPF as a condition of his probation and don't her me wrong SAFP has helped him tremendously so far. I just feel it's unfair to us out here who want to help and we cannot receipt any sort of information. I will keep you all updated as soon as I find out more information. Thank you for your help. 😃

Comment

I'm sorry but from my understanding a set off date means they won't decide on his parole till that date.

JPay Service
          Help Link

Comment

He isn't on parole any longer. When I spoke with the BPP they also told me his parole expired 01/2018. He is now on probation. He told me that the paper he has says his projected release is 06/27. He is going to write his counselor to see if he can find out anything. I'm just ready for him to be home.

Comment

Working...
            X