Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWI Documentary Project

Hi everyone!

I cam across an amazing woman recently that have for years been in a relationship with a man behind bars. They started writing letters to each other, from there their love grew bigger and bigger, but it came with a price, her family turned their back on her, as they didn't understand her choice.

Her story inspired me and therefore I have decided to make a documentary about the partners behind the incarcerated, a chance for you to tell your story without judgment! That love can come out of letters! That it is as real as any other relationship just with a few complications. I want to make an observational portrait of women and men, who's taken a risk to be with their partner at any cost!

I will be travelling around the USA this March to meet some fellow Pen Pal's in the same situation. This trip is meant for research, to understand what it means to be in a relationship with a person behind bars. I will be travelling around the country for a while, so if your are interested in participating in this documentary, please send me an email to foldedletter@gmail.com or contact me through the forum. The film's focus will be on women who have meet their love through letters, but I am really interested in anyone's story! What's your story, current situation and what are your hopes for the future?

As I mentioned I will travelling across the country but itís an extra plus if you happen to live in Los Angeles

If you have any questions about my previous work, this film and it's inttentions please don't hesitate to contact me!

With love,

Caroline

I would love to participate... I'm in Ohio.... send me a pm if you have any interest and I'll send you my contact information. It's GREAT that you're doing this!!!!!!
    Anything worth having is worth waiting and working for....HE IS WORTH IT

Comment

Hello - I would love to participate as well! I will private message you here with my contact information. We need more documentaries like this! Very happy to hear you are doing this project!

Comment

Hi Caroline, My name is shan and I live in pasadena. I have been corresponding with inmate in SOCF since november. It is at the point were we are discussing marriage and I am planning to move to Ohio. It would be nice if the show could follow my journey. contact me at sblake195@hotmail.com

Comment

Hi Dons Girl my name is shani and my loved one is also in Ohio. Where is yours. It would be nice to correspond with another woman who is holding her man down.

Comment

wow too bad Diamond passed away. She might would have loved to participate in this.
            "God is moving. God is shifting the atmosphere." Hold on tight to his Unchanging hand.

Comment

Originally posted by godislove52 View Post
              wow too bad Diamond passed away. She might would have loved to participate in this.
              whatever happened with this? does anyone know?
              "God is moving. God is shifting the atmosphere." Hold on tight to his Unchanging hand.

Comment

Hello, my name is Lucille, nice to meet you.
                I am reaching out, to listen and learn. My oldest son is incarcerated in Indiana, he is 41 years old. I plan to come to the forum every Sunday at this time to share and listen and learn how to support him better. Today he called home, upset. Mad at himself for letting drugs put him back into a place he had not to long been away from. I'm sad for him, thinking maybe i should have intervened different, sooner, louder or something. Not, only was he mad at himself but there are gangs that extort other prisoners, him being one of them.

Comment

What I would really like to know is how is it that they get away with it, the extortioners. My son feels like he is in a vice. He can't snitch (his word) because I guess that worse that being one of the perpetrators. Its either be part of the gang or be the one the gang extorts.

Comment

I just want say i think it is amazing your doing this!! To help public understand that we are families to ... Pen pal I am not I was already in love with my husband before incarcation i do write daily and visit twice month no matter what!! I think this good thing not only to help families like mine but also to help world see that we are not prison wives we are wives we didnt marry a prison yet we married one person we are not weak hopeless woman!! Most of us are independant,strong,and loyal hope this get postive views!! Im in texas not La but yall la ladies serve us well!!

Comment

I would if I could

Comment

I absolutely would. My husband and i wee pen pals first. Then like she said it grew from there. We started corresponding on February21, 2014 and We were married at the Ellis unit on May10, 2016. Until the day of my wedding i had never gotten to kiss, hug, or even touch my husband. I live him and he's up for parole right now so i am hoping he comes home soon...very soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X