Sharing some positivity!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing some positivity!

We all know this life comes with a lot of negatives. It's sad, lonely, and hard. We worry a TON. We stress a TON. We LOVE a TON. That's why we are still here, right? So, I want to just spread a little positivity because we (us and the men we love) deserve it!

I am so PROUD of my man. He has taken a very tough experience and used it to his advantage. He is currently taking FIVE classes in TDCJ. He has been awarded two certificates. He has support letters to the Parole Board. He is constantly striving to be better. He is ALWAYS emotionally "there" for me, even when I KNOW it must be a real struggle for him to stay positive. He is always willing to listen to me tell him about everything, good, bad, and in-between! I am more in love with him now than ever. I cannot wait for him to get out and live life with me, again.

Feel free to share your positivity too! :-)
    MissYouSon TexasDust

Originally posted by KMCWBesties View Post
    We all know this life comes with a lot of negatives. It's sad, lonely, and hard. We worry a TON. We stress a TON. We LOVE a TON. That's why we are still here, right? So, I want to just spread a little positivity because we (us and the men we love) deserve it!

I am so PROUD of my man. He has taken a very tough experience and used it to his advantage. He is currently taking FIVE classes in TDCJ. He has been awarded two certificates. He has support letters to the Parole Board. He is constantly striving to be better. He is ALWAYS emotionally "there" for me, even when I KNOW it must be a real struggle for him to stay positive. He is always willing to listen to me tell him about everything, good, bad, and in-between! I am more in love with him now than ever. I cannot wait for him to get out and live life with me, again.

Feel free to share your positivity too! :-)
    MissYouSon TexasDust

I am so happy for you guys and it is wonderful news that he is taking so many classes and doing well. Any news on when he is getting out?
    I wish I had some positive news. As for now Robert has not gotten into any trouble, so that's good. He got baptist last week. I am very proud of him for that. There is no classes to be offered to him at Gurney so he spends his day sleeping just to pass the time. I still have my moments where all I want to do is cry. But I get to talk to him every morning and that starts my day off... It's still an adjustment..

Comment

Originally posted by MissYouSon View Post

I am so happy for you guys and it is wonderful news that he is taking so many classes and doing well. Any news on when he is getting out?
      I wish I had some positive news. As for now Robert has not gotten into any trouble, so that's good. He got baptist last week. I am very proud of him for that. There is no classes to be offered to him at Gurney so he spends his day sleeping just to pass the time. I still have my moments where all I want to do is cry. But I get to talk to him every morning and that starts my day off... It's still an adjustment..

I'm sorry. You are still in the really rough beginning stage... Trust me, I spent many, many days and nights just broken down in tears over all of this. It's been the hardest time of my life, no doubt; however, just remember, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The guys are alive, and they are going to get out with a renewed gratitude for life. I guarantee THAT!

I finally get to see my baby this weekend. It's been a MONTH!! :-( I was moving, and then his dad went to visit a couple times, so I had to sit those weekends out. :-( I cannot wait to see him!!! I/we got an engagement ring for me to wear, and he gets to give it to me this weekend. :-) I'm so freaking excited! As for him getting out, no news is good news! Still has the eligibility date of March 2020. No parole attorney yet, but we still have time. His dad is working on the $ part. It's not cheap. He does not have a mandatory short way, so he's pretty worried that he will get a "set off" and have to wait another 8 months. I am praying my butt off that does not happen. If he can get an attorney, I have tons of hope he will be approved. He has done everything right, has all these classes done, and is S2 trustee. He is proving himself every day. I am so, SO proud of him. He has to keep his emotions in check, which is very difficult. His patience is phenomenal. Idk how he does it; He tells me that I give him the strength and hope to hold on and to move forward. That is all the motivation I need to keep going, myself! Love is very powerful.

Comment

I'm sorry. You are still in the really rough beginning stage... Trust me, I spent many, many days and nights just broken down in tears over all of this. It's been the hardest time of my life, no doubt; however, just remember, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The guys are alive, and they are going to get out with a renewed gratitude for life. I guarantee THAT!

I finally get to see my baby this weekend. It's been a MONTH!! :-( I was moving, and then his dad went to visit a couple times, so I had to sit those weekends out. :-( I cannot wait to see him!!! I/we got an engagement ring for me to wear, and he gets to give it to me this weekend. :-) I'm so freaking excited! As for him getting out, no news is good news! Still has the eligibility date of March 2020. No parole attorney yet, but we still have time. His dad is working on the $ part. It's not cheap. He does not have a mandatory short way, so he's pretty worried that he will get a "set off" and have to wait another 8 months. I am praying my butt off that does not happen. If he can get an attorney, I have tons of hope he will be approved. He has done everything right, has all these classes done, and is S2 trustee. He is proving himself every day. I am so, SO proud of him. He has to keep his emotions in check, which is very difficult. His patience is phenomenal. Idk how he does it; He tells me that I give him the strength and hope to hold on and to move forward. That is all the motivation I need to keep going, myself! Love is very powerful.

Still keeping you both in my prayers. Moving is rough. They are allowing him to give you the ring? That is awesome for that. Even if he doesn't get an attorney I will pray that all goes his way. I hope you have a wonderful visit..

As for my son. Things have changed for him. He got into an altercation with another inmate. The other inmate started choking him while they was horse playing, and it went from there. Besides getting roughed up. He got 60 days of no phone calls, no rec and no commissary and they took his contact visits away until Dec. So I am back to worrying all the time. Not sleeping well and today I have a pit in my stomache and just want to bawl like a baby.

Comment

Still keeping you both in my prayers. Moving is rough. They are allowing him to give you the ring? That is awesome for that. Even if he doesn't get an attorney I will pray that all goes his way. I hope you have a wonderful visit..

As for my son. Things have changed for him. He got into an altercation with another inmate. The other inmate started choking him while they was horse playing, and it went from there. Besides getting roughed up. He got 60 days of no phone calls, no rec and no commissary and they took his contact visits away until Dec. So I am back to worrying all the time. Not sleeping well and today I have a pit in my stomache and just want to bawl like a baby.

Oh, sweetie. I am SO VERY SORRY! Geez. Wow. Well, the good thing is that he is OK. This will pass. I am so, so sorry. So, he can still have visits, just not contact? Just make sure to see him, and give him that support he needs. Write him. Let him know he is loved, and everything will be ok. You see how easy it is for this stuff to happen?!

C and I have talked a lot about it. He said it's easy to let emotions get out of control, especially the aggressive ones, in there. C has had to check his emotions a lot - but, he's older and has a lot more practice with patience. It takes a LOT of self-control. We recently had an issue where a guard actually flirted with me, then called C up to the office, and talked to him about a "new job." during this meeting, told C that he has a "beautiful girl, and he really shouldn't be in here while she's out there, son." :-/ C said "Yes, sir. My wife is beautiful and I'm planning to be home with her soon." Guard said "Well, she's not REALLY your wife, though. Y'all are just common-law, right?" C just had to take that, and said it took all he had to stay calm. He said, "Sir, I'm doing all I can to get out to be with her." :-( :-( The guards will say stuff like "Hey, so want me to take care of your wife for you while you're away?" The are sick.

Your son will be OK. I am so sorry. I am praying for you!

So, the ring...I wore the ring in, and then handed it off to him so he could put it on officially. He asked again, "Will you marry me?" It was the sweetest thing. I love him so MUCH!!! We got a "talking to" again for hugging and kissing too much. LOL! It's very difficult not to just grab his hand and lead him right out the door with me. I cannot wait until that day! THANK YOU for your prayers. They mean SO MUCH to me and to him!

Comment

Oh, sweetie. I am SO VERY SORRY! Geez. Wow. Well, the good thing is that he is OK. This will pass. I am so, so sorry. So, he can still have visits, just not contact? Just make sure to see him, and give him that support he needs. Write him. Let him know he is loved, and everything will be ok. You see how easy it is for this stuff to happen?!

C and I have talked a lot about it. He said it's easy to let emotions get out of control, especially the aggressive ones, in there. C has had to check his emotions a lot - but, he's older and has a lot more practice with patience. It takes a LOT of self-control. We recently had an issue where a guard actually flirted with me, then called C up to the office, and talked to him about a "new job." during this meeting, told C that he has a "beautiful girl, and he really shouldn't be in here while she's out there, son." :-/ C said "Yes, sir. My wife is beautiful and I'm planning to be home with her soon." Guard said "Well, she's not REALLY your wife, though. Y'all are just common-law, right?" C just had to take that, and said it took all he had to stay calm. He said, "Sir, I'm doing all I can to get out to be with her." :-( :-( The guards will say stuff like "Hey, so want me to take care of your wife for you while you're away?" The are sick.

Your son will be OK. I am so sorry. I am praying for you!

So, the ring...I wore the ring in, and then handed it off to him so he could put it on officially. He asked again, "Will you marry me?" It was the sweetest thing. I love him so MUCH!!! We got a "talking to" again for hugging and kissing too much. LOL! It's very difficult not to just grab his hand and lead him right out the door with me. I cannot wait until that day! THANK YOU for your prayers. They mean SO MUCH to me and to him!

Your post made me smile. How much longer does he have? I pray for you guys daily and of course everyone that is going through this. Some of them guards are a joke. They need to be a lot more human then asses..

Yeah I still get to see him and he is going to appeal their decision. Apparently someone told him that they could not go past 4 months on the contact visit. So he is going to find out. I just got a letter from him today and as always no matter how I hear from him, it is a blessing to know he is ok. I still go see him every other Sunday, so this week is going to go by slow. I am happy that I got an extra hug from him on the last visit. I didn't care if they would have said anything or not. He is still MY SON not theirs

Comment

Your post made me smile. How much longer does he have? I pray for you guys daily and of course everyone that is going through this. Some of them guards are a joke. They need to be a lot more human then asses..

Yeah I still get to see him and he is going to appeal their decision. Apparently someone told him that they could not go past 4 months on the contact visit. So he is going to find out. I just got a letter from him today and as always no matter how I hear from him, it is a blessing to know he is ok. I still go see him every other Sunday, so this week is going to go by slow. I am happy that I got an extra hug from him on the last visit. I didn't care if they would have said anything or not. He is still MY SON not theirs
              ABSOLUTELY! YOU hug that baby of yours. I think, in our case, we get a little too much like teenagers getting sexy in the lunchroom. LOL!!! C says that it's hard for anyone to ignore our chemistry. They're just jealous. LOL! I swear tho, when I'm there, it feels like NO ONE else is in the room except he and I. It's amazing. This last visit went by SUPER quick. I hate that. One day we will be together so much we will get sick of it. hahahaha (doubtful - I'll never get sick of him)

I hope you have a great day, and week. Keep thinking of positive things. Maybe find something uplifting or funny to send him in a letter. They really LIVE for mail in there. Do you send him JPay emails? I write C almost daily. Sometimes, when I really miss him, I write multiple times a day. It helps me feel like he's here with me. When he was here, he and I would talk all day every day via text and phone. I miss that. :-(

Comment

Oh, and to add, he has until March when he is up for parole. That means they will start reviewing him as early as Oct (maybe). I am really hoping some financial things work out for his family and for me so we can hire him an attorney. I really NEED him home. He deserves to come home.

Comment

Oh, and to add, he has until March when he is up for parole. That means they will start reviewing him as early as Oct (maybe). I am really hoping some financial things work out for his family and for me so we can hire him an attorney. I really NEED him home. He deserves to come home.

Saying prayers for a good parole outcome. Even if he has no attorney.. With the Grace of God he will be approved..

Comment

Saying prayers for a good parole outcome. Even if he has no attorney.. With the Grace of God he will be approved..

Thank you! From your lips to GOD's EARS! :-) I believe he will be approved. I really do; but, sometimes, the fear gets to me (and him). He said he feels like I'm the only person who really, REALLY wants him out. :-/ I told him that yes, I'm the one who wants him home THE MOST, but everyone wants him out. No one believes he deserves to be there, because he doesn't. I am enjoying thinking about marrying him FRFR when he gets home. I can't wait! He's never had a wedding. I have, but this will be very different. It will be all US, everything that means something to US, as a couple. When you have so many years of friendship, and such a unique story, you get to have a unique life! :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X