Intake process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake process

Hi , does anyone have an idea how much longer I might have to wait for my fiancee to be able to call me and to have visitors , hes going through intake process, He got caught chain on May 9, 2017

It helps if Members know what state or facility your talking about

JPay Service
    Help Link
    JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Most TX prison "in take" time is about 3 months. During that time an inmate can't call or have visits BUT they can receive and mail out letters to family by regular and JPay mail/emails. However, keep in mind the facility he is shipped will not be his final destination. He can be transferred up to 2-3 or more "in take" facilities before they place him in his permanent facility. And keep in mind, his 3 months processing "in take" time starts the day he is transferred from jail to a in take facility. So even if is transferred to 2, 3, 4 different in-take facility is 3 months processing period time frame is the same so when he does reach is final facility to complete his remaining time he has to serve...He probably will have visitation rights and able to make calls. But if you don't have a account set up for him to call you, him to receive money for commissary he and you will have a linger wait to do those things. So, during his 3 months in-take process is the best time to get those accounts set up. The best, fastest, and cheepest way is to use a website called JPay.com Most prisons in TX use and recommend this website. The process to complete is easy and quick...But getting the facility to approve for calls or video chats with inmates can take up to 2 weeks or longer depending on which final facility he will be housed at. Each facility has their way of process inmate calls, video chats, and commissary accounts.
      Take a look on the website, explore the different options that will be helpful for you and your husband and what the facility he will be housed at allows. Keep in mind, although JPay.com offer allot of different options to stay in touch with inmates...All facilities don't allow every choice on JPay. So check out the rules from the facility he will finally been BEFORE you set up any account(s) with JPay.com. Once you set up an account and you try to delete it's very hard and takes longer to start another.
      Hope the information given is helpful for you. Any further questions/concerns...Let me know or call the facility he is housed, or TDCJ main website page.
      Good Luck!!☺

Comment

Originally posted by TammCa2017 View Post
        Hi , does anyone have an idea how much longer I might have to wait for my fiancee to be able to call me and to have visitors , hes going through intake process, He got caught chain on May 9, 2017
        Hello....My name is TeamRoss3...Answered your question below in another post.

Comment

Hi my boyfriend was transferred from county jail to Garza west beeville tx do y'all happened to know how long before I get a call from him and if Garza West do jpay email thank you so much

Comment

Jessz81 Welcome to The JPay Forum!

Here is a Link for the information on JPay
            http://www.jpay.com/Facility-Details...-Transfer.aspx
            (Yes they can receive JPay emails) (They respond back via regular mail)

Here is a Link to the TDCJ web page that has valuable information that will help you out as well
            http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/info_families.html

This is the Inmate Handbook it explains a lot of what they go through
            Offender Orientation Handbook English/Espaņol
            Handbook designed to provide the TDCJ offender population with general information and a standard of acceptable conduct

Hope This Helps

Last edited by TexasDust; 08-08-2017, 01:32 PM.

JPay Service
            Help Link
            JPay'sRules for ForumMembers

Download the JPay Mobile App at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store

Comment

Im using the Jpay app, my son is in the Middleton transfer unit here in Texas. Will he be able to receive his money? Or does he still have to be moved again?

Comment

Can anyone tell me information on East Texas facility. My fiance was just transferred there I called but they were rude and not helpful

Comment

Working...
                X